How Beautiful is This???

Search this Thread

Old 05-10-2001, 04:17 AM
Adrienne

How Beautiful is This???

Ok guys... today I took the plunge and went to my friendly local Acura dealer to test drive a Type S...

I decided against actually buying one, for now (but maybe in a few months), but here are some pics I took, just for the sake of taking them

The dealer let me take this one home:

but I knew my mom would kill me so I took it to a friend's house instead.

This one is at the dealership... of course... I mean, um, I'm the Asian Prince and I bought it...

*sigh*

Tomorrow is another day.

[This message has been edited by Adrienne (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old 05-10-2001, 04:35 AM
Safety Car

Received 7 Likes on 2 Posts
They let you take it home? My dealer will eye ball me for even asking for a test drive Very tempted to trade in my 98 CL though...but I really like it.

------------------
Tw1112
CL 3.0 '98 - Cleared bumper, Hiper/Piaa/Polarg bulbs all around, PIAA 1700x fogs, AEM CAI, V1, and Mugen Pedals.
Old 05-10-2001, 05:30 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Luv that blue...

------------------
- Kvit -
2001 CL-P Monterey Blue, Parchment interior
• Polarg BlHybrid M-6 Road lamps
• Polarg/PIAA super white interior lights *bling bling*
• HP Quantum 28 -- 31% metallic tint all around

• [Photopoint Album Pics]

Other
• [Yamaha Home Theater Gear]
• [DVD List]
Old 05-10-2001, 10:15 AM
ACME sucks!

That blue sure is sweeeeeeeeeet!!!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
No Navi/No Spoiler
Competch springs
35% tint
PIAA 19169 bulbs
K&N 33-2178 air filter

The Aviation Zone
Old 05-10-2001, 11:18 AM
Adrienne

Yeah, he let me take the blue one home AND I live like 20 miles from the dealership AND he knew that. I felt really bad not buying it... I drove it off the lot with 9 miles on it, and drove it back on with 42... I didn't go home; like I said, my mom would kick my ass (I just bought MY car in January, lol).

What's really funny about that is that in January when I was car-shopping, the people at that dealership wouldn't even TALK to us cuz my friend and I are so young. But yesterday the salesman watched me drive up in my Acura... and he practically met me at the door to my car. Along with roughly three other guys coming from other parts of the lot, trying to beat him to us. And then he spent the next several hours trying to suck me in (as if I need him to 'sell' that car to me; I have you guys to make me jealous every day!)

*sigh*
Old 05-10-2001, 11:38 AM
Three Wheelin'

Ya look good in it, go for it

I like that new blue......

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X7.5 GT1 Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 05-10-2001, 11:41 AM
The Creator

Received 8 Likes on 3 Posts
Dont be scared of Car Talk...

By the blue. It looks like it just rolled out of the factory.
Old 05-10-2001, 11:52 AM
KISS MY

That blue is sweet..... Go for the Blue...... But don't make your mom mad.....

------------------
01- Acura CL silver 3.2-s
20% tint 35%front window
Bose Mods.. Mod's to come headers and springs
Old 05-10-2001, 12:02 PM
The Creator

The picture of the blue one really exaggerates our wheel gap!

Everyone... GO GET SPRINGS NOW!

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
San Marino Red (Navigation)
PIAA 19173 Ion Yellow FogsValentine 1Xephyr CAI

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity." -Albert Einstein
Old 05-10-2001, 01:11 PM
Race Director

nice blue, i think its JUST A BIT too dark, JUST A BIT.

my dealer was the same, when i went to buy the type S, they saw an 18 year old punk staring at the car, and didnt bother...then finally one of them started talking to me, and he was young too, and had just started, so i gave him the sale, and EVERYONE in the dealership was looking at us the whole time.

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
Old 05-10-2001, 02:13 PM
Adrienne

Well I'm not going to buy either one... $$

I decided to just modify the hell outta my current car (97 3.0) so the novelty will stick around longer... if I got the CLS then I would be able to uh, drive to work, then to the bank, then back to work, etc.

I'd rather be able to eat.

Besides, I'll be a lawyer in a short number of years... I'll get BOTH then.
Old 05-10-2001, 02:38 PM
Suzuka Master

Hey, that's pohanka!! lookie nice in the blue.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter.Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers,Springs,Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.Polarg m6

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 05-10-2001, 02:41 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've had a blue one for a couple weeks now. Come live with me and I'll let you drive it some of the time.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.
Old 05-10-2001, 02:42 PM
Instructor

Honey...
Just go for it!
You are young only once... and you'll get much more action with the new car...

------------------
2001 Silver CL-S
Old 05-10-2001, 03:31 PM
KISS MY

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Beach-CL:
Honey...
Just go for it!
You are young only once... and you'll get much more action with the new car...

</font>
Look at her.... I think she gets tons of action.

------------------
01- Acura CL silver 3.2-s
20% tint 35%front window
Bose Mods.. Mod's to come headers and springs
Old 05-10-2001, 03:44 PM
Suzuka Master

I remembered my Blue had 9 miles on it too...

With that one having 42 miles; GAME OVER...it's got your name written next to the dealership sticker on the windshield

------------------
- Kvit -
2001 CL-P Monterey Blue, Parchment interior
• Polarg BlHybrid M-6 Road lamps
• Polarg/PIAA super white interior lights *bling bling*
• HP Quantum 28 -- 31% metallic tint all around

• [Photopoint Album Pics]

Other
• [Yamaha Home Theater Gear]
• [DVD List]
Old 05-10-2001, 03:56 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts
Just buy it! You don't need to eat anyways... dudes dig skinny chicks! haha

When I first went to the dealership to buy mine, I had to ask the finance manager if there were any sales people around that would acknowledge me... They just don't like young people and especially guys because they know how much we love to waste their time and put miles on their new cars! They also think that we make no money at all.

That's my favorite part of the car buying experience- when I get to see the expression on the salesman face when he is looking over my credit app and sees that my monthly income is over 10K... The look is priceless!

Who's your daddy now sales peon??? >

-Ash
Old 05-10-2001, 09:11 PM
Adrienne

I wish...

Anyone wanna buy it FOR me?
Old 05-10-2001, 09:29 PM
The Creator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashburner:
Just buy it! You don't need to eat anyways... dudes dig skinny chicks! haha

When I first went to the dealership to buy mine, I had to ask the finance manager if there were any sales people around that would acknowledge me... They just don't like young people and especially guys because they know how much we love to waste their time and put miles on their new cars! They also think that we make no money at all.

That's my favorite part of the car buying experience- when I get to see the expression on the salesman face when he is looking over my credit app and sees that my monthly income is over 10K... The look is priceless!

Who's your daddy now sales peon??? >
-Ash
</font>
Yea its great to prove them wrong... so it doesnt bother me when they wont acknowledge me.

I mean... ya gotta figure... for ever ONE young person that walks in that DOES buy the car... there are 10 other that walk in... put 50 miles on it test driving it... then never buy it.

So ya can somewhat understand where their coming from.

But they should be more attentive of the clues that someone could afford it if their young... and less willing to disregard all young people.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S

"Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. That's relativity." -Albert Einstein
Old 05-10-2001, 10:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Well Soopa, I see your point but I get the same treatment everywhere. I walked into Krause's Funiture Gallery (Very nice but very expensive) the other day to look for a new living room set. Right away I was greeted by the sales lady and she said, "All of our closeout and discontinued items are on the left hand side of the store."

I was flat out pissed. Before I said anything, I pulled out my wallet and showed her 45 hundred dollar bills. And then I turned around and said, "No Thanks Bitch" and walked out.

The moral of this story is, don't judge a book by its cover.

Adrienne, I'd love to buy you a car but I already did that for a girl once and 5 months later she was trying to run me over with it! That and I'm getting married next month and I don't think the bride-to-be would approve that purchase... I can't even get headers approved for crying out loud!!

-Ash
Old 05-10-2001, 10:10 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">I wish...
Anyone wanna buy it FOR me?
</font>
Nah, but I offered you use of mine if you come live with me.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.
Old 05-10-2001, 10:23 PM
The Creator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ashburner:
Well Soopa, I see your point but...</font>
Yea... true. I get that treatment in alot of places too.

Really though... I dont give a fuck. Fuck em. If they honestly treat you like a shithead like that c*** at the furniture store then just go through another sales rep at that same store... nothing could piss her off more then that. lol

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S

Old 05-10-2001, 10:25 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Ashburner,
I know the feeling of people judging a book by it cover. I notice one day at an Acura dealer, it was a Saturday, I was dressed like a punk. In walk a women and man all dressed up, who do you think they approached and who did they ignore ?

"They just don't make em like they used too"

------------------
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, Comptech Sway Bars, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 05-10-2001, 10:36 PM
Adrienne

I would do exactly what soopa said... just buy the furniture from another sales rep.

As to the difference in treatment, I get that a lot... but differently... people act like that about what I already have.

Like, one day I was walking out to my car and I beeped it open and this guy walking near me called out, "Did your daddy buy that for you?" (I think I told this story already)...

Asshole. He was driving a Corolla.

[This message has been edited by Adrienne (edited 05-10-2001).]
Old 05-10-2001, 11:12 PM
Pro

I hate that crap , just cause I dont feel like wearing a suit and tie , people think you are trash , well let themn think that . Most of us probably make more money than them and I will gladly take my business elsewhere

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type S
San Marino red
non nav.
Old 05-11-2001, 12:29 AM
My other car is a 350Z

Ash! You're pulling in $10K monthly and the old-lady-to-be won't even "allow" $1,100 for the headers? Damn, better get that collar loosened... j/k

Did you get your Xephyr CAI installed yet? Maybe we can do a Wednesday night run at the track in early June?

------------------
Mike
2001 Satin Silver CL-S
Comptech: headers, exhaust, sways; AEM CAI; PIAA road lamps & high beams; mesh grill

"Never underestimate the power of a dark CLown!" - Darph Bobo
Old 05-11-2001, 12:30 AM
Ace rider

This thread is funny...

Same kinda story:
I was pulled over in my 540 one night on 101, cop asks me "whose car is this?" I say "mine" (like it says on the damn registration I just handed you). "No REALLY, whose car is this?" Pissed off, I humor him "Okay it's my dad's, happy?" I got the damn ticket, but I didn't care, what an ass! I wish I had the title in the glove compartment...

------------------
01 Silver CL-S, Navi, Spoiler, V1, PIAA's
Retired: 94 540i
Old 05-11-2001, 12:51 AM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
U wanna hear some funny shit...
I have no credit , NONE, i sat down at the Lexus dealer and he ask for me ss# so he can run my credit BEFORE the test drive, so i give it to him. He comes back all happy witgh the keys, I ask how is my credit?
He says you own 2 houses, no morgage, you can leave with an is today if you wanted to.
So all my dads credit came up on MY SS#?
so after the is he gives me the keys to the GS430, so i drive that and say im gonna go for the CL. So like a week later the SC430 came out and he calls my celly asking me if i bought a car, so im like not yet, so he asks to come in and drive the sc430, but i had allready felt bad taking up soo much of his time knowing im not gonna buy a lexus. LOL I should go test drive a sc though!
Old 05-11-2001, 01:09 AM
The Creator

Stoned: thats fuckin nuts!!?!

Give me your SS#... I could use it

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S

Old 05-11-2001, 05:14 AM
Suzuka Master

Well, I could have bought the furniture from another sales person but I was too upset so I just made a smart ass remark and left... I actually went across the parking lot to Lazy Boy and found some cool recliners and coffee tables, etc...

Mike, we are getting married next month and our new house will be ready June 11th. I wish I could just spend like I used to but I have to buy things that we "need"... Speaking of which, anyone have any good ideas for a big screen HDTV? We want 53" or so... Also, we want a Skiboat and so far, we are hooked on the Mastercraft X-10.

P.S. Compromising sux... this marriage thing is gonna take a lot of work.

-Ash
Old 05-11-2001, 05:17 AM
Advanced

i just realized...i bought the car without ever test driving it. this isn't a normal thing i do, but i just knew it drove nice. oh yeah i'm 22 and yup, no one acknowledged me at the dealership....so i asked for a manager, said i want this one...went to finance....signed one check...done., normaly i wouldn't be able to do this. but us currency is so strong here, and i'm from the states.
Old 05-11-2001, 05:35 AM
Suzuka Master

American money has power everywhere!!!! It's good to hear about all the young people on this board that actually have some money.

Selling cars has to be the apitomy of "lame" I can't stand it when the salesmen don't know absolutely anything about the cars they are trying to sell. What gets me the most is when your talking to the dealer about the car you looking at (no matter what it may be) and they always say something like, "Yeah, I've had mine for 4 months now and I love it!" uhhh, yeah right butt plug...

Sorry, just venting... been on call all week and I have been paged every single night this week after midnight... ughhh

-Ash
Old 05-11-2001, 08:12 AM
Instructor

hey ash, must be in IT or something like that?

The best possible "priceless" was when I was in finance for my CLS. The guys asked if I was financing X amount, and I hesitated and said "Oh no, I have more of a down paymnent than that", that's when I pulled out the WAD of cash from selling my Civic......wish I had a camera.....talk about being treated different all of a sudden!!!

------------------
'01 silver/black
NAVI
eibach springs
35% tint all around

more to come slowly
Old 05-11-2001, 05:09 PM
Suzuka Master

*update: sweeeet blue rear view

------------------
- Kvit -