Houston body shop review

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Houston body shop review

As you all might have known, I got a little rear end accidence with my TL. Some b*tch couldn 't drive and slam her SUV into my baby Anyhow, John Eagle Acura bodyshop took care of me and the result was satisfactory. Repair was very close to original condition ... but I can see a few flaws but heck, once in accident, it can't be perfect like before.
Anyhow, JEA seems to be good body shop to work with. I had very very bad experience with Sun Rise body shop on Bellaire (it's a body shop commissioned by Sterling McCall Acura). They are all crooks there. They charge outragous price and recondition your parts and say that they replaced them with new parts. Of course they painted over you couldn't really tell until later when the paint crack and you can see the defects (or take off the bumper and stuffs and you'll see). But then, it's a like 6 months or a year so too much hassle/trouble to confront them.
I hope you don't have to take your car in for body damage but if you do, DO NOT TAKE IT TO SUN RISE at all cost!!!! Their works sucks and they scam you. This is from first and experience and with another friend who got the same craps!!
I guess this info is more useful to those in Houston than anyone else. Good luck.

PS. I said JEA work was just satisfactory instead of excellent or outstanding was because I had to ask them to re-adjust some "gaps" when I picked up the car. Also, when they reconditioned my wheel, they didn't balance it. I had to get it balanced elsewhere (although I could have bring it back to them). With the premium labor/parts they charged me, it's easily twice the $$$ that costed elsewhere...so I was expected a little more "perfection" for the price I paid.