high compression

Search this Thread

Old 07-14-2007, 01:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
CLS (wht it do)

from above >>>>
if i could do it all over again, i would heat treat the 3.5 crank and rods, get 12.0:1 compression pistons and heat treat them, heat treating is cheaper than installing oil squirters and you will surely need to keep cylinder temps down, hone the cylinders, increase oil pathways and may need to dip connecting bolts and rod/crank bearings (i would), port the exhaust on the head, dip the cams, port/polish the intake manifolds and throttle body, i'm not sure how much more you can push the cams out with such a high compression piston, if you get nice big reliefs then you can def do cams, eliminate EGR, filter off the valve cover hose, make sure your injectors and FPR is solid, may need to upgrade to 1:1 FPR depending on how much you push the cams out to achieve a better idle, but as long as you have a emanage to tune it shouldnt matter much, i would use a walbro fuel pump over the OEM pump, w/ a good tune, i'd say you are in the ball park of 300whp N/A, but probably close to $7,500 in the hole, and possibly closing in on 10k

Men itz not worth it. u might as well get a newer car or turbo charge it. and i guess if u want low end power to make up for the low torque, u can always call NOS up.
I know we love our cars and want to keep up with the newer TLs, maximaz and even the 260 hp whoop as Altima. the reality is our cars are 5-7yrs old, the value is going down like crazy and again the odds are not in our favor.(luxury, FWD, weight, trans problems, traction) but hey its ok to dream and its ok to do whatever as long as it makes u .
As for me the next time i get a car i wud definately decide if i want a highly mod friendly car with great potential or just a default car that does what itz suppose to do well frm d factory.