Hey, in Type S, what does the S stand for? is it for "S"LOW?

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2001 | 11:42 PM
Cruisin'

Hey, in Type S, what does the S stand for? is it for "S"LOW?

WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS
You are a moron...
1. If you think that your CL-S is luxury, you are smoking crack or eating too much kim-chi. Either way...A Toyota Avalon offers the same "luxuries". You can get a $20000 Daewoo with more toys.

2. Question: WHO DYNO's Luxury Coupes? No, its obvious you boys want something fast, so you take a generic luxury sedan, and start fucking it up. You put in CAI, yeah that’s going to give you a big boost on 3.2 putting out 260HP. All it does, it makes a great sound. Hmm..Does that mean you want your luxury car to be louder. Then you buy headers and get them installed for about $1000. And the springs...the luxury ride all of the sudden becomes lower and bumpier.

3. Look at your doorsill...the sticker will tell you where your POS was assembled, and guess what, it weren’t in Japan. Nope its all here...so don’t think that the hicks that assembled your car were any more sober then the ones that assembled domestic brands.

4. Once again, stop talking shit...I commented on your cars performance, not its looks and feel...just like every other idiot in this forum, you find something dumb to say back which has nothing to do with how fast your car goes, or how well it handles. All you talk about is the price of your shit. Who cares how much? (You do.) Well good for you. Shallow idiot. Some of you here don’t have the NAV, why is that? Too pricey for you? You just bought the shit because it was only 4 grand more then a Honda.

5. A buddy of mine drives a Type-S and all of you know that your gas mileage isn’t that great when you drive in "semi-stick". Gas is expensive, no shit, that’s why you shouldn’t have bought your car. Obviously I can afford it.

6. My point is not that your car is bad, not at all, I am just trying to open your eyes, WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS's eyes are too red from crack, so WAKE THE %UCK up and realize that you drive a regular Japanese car, it is not special, its not sporty, its just a car. Do you know of any other sporty car with FWD?

7. ALL of you that think that my car is less maneuverable then yours is probably close friends with WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS and smokes the same CRACK ("The good kind"). It matters who is driving it. I am sure that most of you out there, will shit your pants if you get 260 on the rear wheels.

8. Please, challenges are welcome. Lets have a fun day in the sun, no big wagers, just the badge from your cars. I will give you a head start.

9. And what’s all that shit about getting pussy in the cl-s. You know that after a woman feels the torque of a mustang, she'll never go back. (WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS, just ask your mom. Tell the slut she owes me gas money, yeah, that’s right, call me daddy.) Yeah, maybe a 40-year-old accountant would appreciate the fake wood trim of the type-s but I think I’ll have more luck in a convertible rocket.

Hey guys, lets all be friends, and since I am your friend, I feel bad, in fact, I feel kind of guilty. It makes me sad, and it breaks my heart. Why you ask? Because

FRIENDS DONT LET FRIENDS DRIVE RICE?
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS, I would sell the type-s and go back to school.

------------------
1993 Mustang LX convert. California Concepts Edition, white on white on white, 347 stroker engine, NOS, gears, Pullies, headers, full exhaust system, a full Bilstein Suspenion ( I will take any of you on turns), I also have a REAL MANUAL TRANSMISSION, ( Sorry for all of you people who don't know what a MANUAL transmission feels like), Saleen Kit, Light bar, and much more, but I'm sick of listing everything. No STICKERS on my $hit( I've got all the rice eating power I need.
Old 04-30-2001 | 11:44 PM
Cruisin'

What was that?

"Hairy seats and rattles are one thing, but what about real problems with the CL-S. In case you didn't know, the Golden Droid went in today for a second IMRC actuator replacement with 21,650 miles on the clock. I made a stink about the brakes being mushy and shimmying when stopping from 55 mph+ and just got the call that I need a front hub and bearing replaced, the front pads will be replaced (I pay for pads only) and they are going to go ahead and replace my master cylinder "just for the hell of it."
I guess if you think you've got some brake issues you might want to stop by the dealer sometime soon. I haven't got the full story yet, as I can't pick up the car until tomorrow, but it sounds like there were several things wrong with my brake system... not just your run-of-the-mill rotor warpage.

------------------
'01 CL-S|Sundance Gold|Spoiler|35% Tint|Bridgestone Potenza RE730 225/45/17
a study in pimp daddy gold

[This message has been edited by droideka (edited 04-30-2001).]

"

Suckers

------------------
1993 Mustang LX convert. California Concepts Edition, white on white on white, 347 stroker engine, NOS, gears, Pullies, headers, full exhaust system, a full Bilstein Suspenion ( I will take any of you on turns), I also have a REAL MANUAL TRANSMISSION, ( Sorry for all of you people who don't know what a MANUAL transmission feels like), Saleen Kit, Light bar, and much more, but I'm sick of listing everything. No STICKERS on my $hit( I've got all the rice eating power I need.
Old 04-30-2001 | 11:51 PM
Team Owner

A Rustang owner making fun of Acura quality………Now THERE’S something you don’t see every day.

Shawn S

------------------
Speed limits are for CARS and DRIVERS whose limits are easily exceeded !!!!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Xephyr CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 04-30-2001 | 11:51 PM
Instructor

nobody reply to this guy.

------------------
'01 CL-S black bone stock
with the best radar in the world, Valentine One
Old 04-30-2001 | 11:52 PM
Instructor

YOU ARE TALKING ALL THIS SHIT WITH A FUCKIN '93 MUSTANG?? HOW MUCH DID U PAY FOR THAT? 4 GRAND MAYBE? GO GET A REAL CAR, U WANT A FAST CAR? GET A CORVETTE OR A CAMARO OR A FIREBIRD, U HAVE THE GARBAGE OF THE AMERICAN SPORTS CARS BUDDY

------------------
17 Yr Old Owner of a Silver CL-P, w/ spoiler, wood trim kit, Silver painted mud guards, polarg M6, acura-cl.com sticker, aftermarket wood trim kit and new rims soon
Old 04-30-2001 | 11:52 PM
Burning Brakes

This is the most bizarre post I've ever seen on any forum at anytime. Dude, I don't know what set you off but you should have it checked before you end up institutionalized. Remember, we’re only talking about cars here. Not the fate of the free world.
Old 04-30-2001 | 11:54 PM
w.t.f., mate?

HAHAHA you drive a piece of shit Mustang.

That $20,000 Hyundai would still look better than your pathetic excuse for scrap metal.

Fucking redneck.

------------------
_-Phil-_!
2K1 #10,029 Satin Silver CL-S since 6/13/00 named Laetitia with Navi! Mods : XEPHYR PERFORMANCE CAI~3M Reflective Tint(37%) tint~Hiper Hibrid Plasma "Xenon" road lamps & high-beams~Uniden LRD 6599SWS Radar Detector~Shine by Meguiar's Gold Wax~Member of the Scratched Rims Club~Upgraded cupholder on the way!!!~
Old 04-30-2001 | 11:56 PM
Cruisin'

silverstreak01, please dont respond until your testies drop. now go and thank dady for buying you a car.

or is it mommy, or are you a male whore? either way its not healthy.

RACE or SHUT UP

------------------
Old 04-30-2001 | 11:57 PM
Old timer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">1993 Mustang LX convert.</font>
A real car enthusiast vehicle right there.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior no-navi
Stock for now.
Old 04-30-2001 | 11:59 PM
Race Director

SHIT i missed all this!!!

okay, before i read and respond, you should know that the S, stands for Speed...not slow, silly goose!

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Currently on TL rims with Nokian Winter Tires
My Bitch
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:01 AM
Instructor

NOT HEALTHY? WHATS NOT HEALTHY IS DUMB FUCKS LIKE YOU, WHO OVER MOD THEIR CARS INTO MAKING THEM FASTER THAN THEIR SHITTY PLASTIC BODIES CAN HANDLE. JUST BECAUSE I HAVE THE CHOICE OF MY CAR, MY DADS MB S500 OR MY MOMS SLK 320 TO RUN YOU OVER WITH DONT HATE ME. GET TO ANOTHER FORUM WHERE YOU CAN TALK TO FELLOW HICKS, AND YOUR WIFE.. OH I MEAN YOUR SISTER CAN BACK YOU UP

------------------
17 Yr Old Owner of a Silver CL-P, w/ spoiler, wood trim kit, Silver painted mud guards, polarg M6, acura-cl.com sticker, aftermarket wood trim kit and new rims soon
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:02 AM
Instructor

ACTUALLY I MEANT YOUR BOYFRIEND/BROTHER SINCE YOU ARE FROM SAN FRAN.... NO OFFENSE TO THE OTHER SAN FRAN PEOPLES ON THIS FORUM

------------------
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:02 AM
Senior Moderator

troll

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around

-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:06 AM
Drifting

Man, I love my CL-S

------------------
Mustang Killa
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:07 AM
Cruisin'

en FAG. The 93 doesn’t have a plastic body like your car...You are one of those fucks that drive around in your daddies car(s), and thinks they are hot shit until they pull up to me...I had a car when you were still sucking on your moms breast; be that 15years or an hour ago. Hey, what kind of car did your dad give his mistress? I bet is also a type-s, quantity discount. (Go ahead and ask him, but don’t hate him, you've seen your mom) now go and chat with your therapist son.

------------------
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:08 AM
Race Director

type_s_killer,

your a retard.

i dont even think you have sat in a CL.

but whatever, your attitude is simple, you will not take no as an answer, and if anyone argues with you, you'l just start to post b.s., and then when your proven wrong, you will just disapear..

so here this is for you:

your 93 mustang is the coolest car ever,
your 93 mustang will kill my Type S,
your 93 mustang is WAY more reliable than my Type S
your 93 mustang consumes way less fuel than my Type S
your 93 mustang's interior is TEN TIMES more luxurios than my Type S
We were all ripped off
We are all idiots for buying a CL
In fact, EVERYONE THAT PURCHASED A CAR OTHER THAN A MUSTANG AFTER 1993 IS A STUPID DUMB FUCK.

is this what you want to hear? i hope i made your day, you can leave this site now.. you won! congrats!

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
My Bitch
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:10 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Now boys, lets go make fun of the IS300, Beamer, and Audi guys, at least they are smart and have money.

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake
Founding Member of the NO SCRATCHED RIMS CLUB

01'Acura Integra GSR
gil
Intermediate

ok, let's get this straight...

1 - Your car might, and i stress might, be worth $3,500. Probably less due to all the junk on it, so $3,500 is the max we'll go with, just to be fair.

2 - I had a 1993 Mustang GT...back in 1993, that's eight years ago when they were cool and before they became the banner for rednecks throughout the U.S. I got rid of it a couple of years later because it was a true POS - it had more problems than any car I've ever owned.

3 - Go to school and learn to spell and use correct grammar. You'd be amazed at what a little higher education could do for you.

4 - Be careful not to wreck on the way back to the trailer park racing camaros, Jimbo. Hey, better hurry, Hee-Haw is coming on in a little while.

Cheers,

mike

------------------
gil

2001 CL Type S
NightHawk Metallic/Ebony Interior
Spoiler, Comptech Springs, K&N FilterCharger, 35% tint, missing "3.2CL" emblem - only the "type S" remains.

[This message has been edited by gil (edited 04-30-2001).]
Drifting

Man, there sure are a lot of bitter people out there. Some day you too may be able to drive a car other than a Ford.

------------------
Mustang Killa
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:11 AM
I love my CL-S

ha ford~

------------------
01 silver cl-s
AEM CAI red
K&N air filter (Out)
Piaa 19169
Cannon winter floor mats
35% tint all around
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:11 AM
Senior Moderator

hey type S killer i got one for you how about this...we race. where ever. when ever for badges. than win or lose .i beat the fuck out of your faggot a$$ and smash your rainbow town sanfranciscan face through your own windshield and drive you around town as my new hood orniment, for oh say the three or four more miles your engine has left on it howabout that huh ? big boy

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around

-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit

[This message has been edited by typeR (edited 04-30-2001).]
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:12 AM
Cruisin'

amirsafdari
Freak

posted 04-30-2001 10:08 PM
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
type_s_killer,
your a retard.

i dont even think you have sat in a CL.

but whatever, your attitude is simple, you will not take no as an answer, and if anyone argues with you, you'l just start to post b.s., and then when your proven wrong, you will just disapear..

so here this is for you:

your 93 mustang is the coolest car ever,
your 93 mustang will kill my Type S,
your 93 mustang is WAY more reliable than my Type S
your 93 mustang consumes way less fuel than my Type S
your 93 mustang's interior is TEN TIMES more luxurios than my Type S
We were all ripped off
We are all idiots for buying a CL
In fact, EVERYONE THAT PURCHASED A CAR OTHER THAN A MUSTANG AFTER 1993 IS A STUPID DUMB FUCK.

is this what you want to hear? i hope i made your day, you can leave this site now.. you won! congrats!

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
My Bitch

------------------------------------------

Thats right....
since you are so nice to me , here is a friendly tip, get your picture of the internet, you are ugly enough to make a trane jump its tracks and take a side road...

You welcome

------------------
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:13 AM
Cruisin'

WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS

getting better too...wow look at the results.

------------------
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:13 AM
Instructor

therapist? u got some problems buddy, heres the bottom line, YOU DRIVE A '93 MUSTANG!!! i dont care how cool u think u are, u are a fuckin pussy who needs a fast car to get some. and why are u so jealous that we have better cars than you? u seem pretty happy jacking off at red lights in your piece of shit. my advice to you, sell your piece of shit, gather up about 5 grand and go buy yourself a 1990 4 door acura legend. its a big step up from what u have now, trust me

------------------
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:14 AM
Intermediate

aite bit*h,
you know what? you want ur fucking kim-chi? ill give u ur fucking kim-chi...i AM korean, a Korean with the temper the size of a magnum and a patience level of a peanut for little pathetic dumasses like you:

"type-s for slow"??!!?? now, what the fuc*in hell are YOU smoking, cuz whatver the hell it is, you talking smack right out of your mustang's ugly ass, now, who the hell do you think you are jackas$ to come rompin in2 our fu*kin forum and tell us our 30 thousand dollar cars are slow when you drive a riced up domestic?...oh, wait a minute, did i just say D o M e S t I c??!!?? your car is ford, and as such, i wont even dignify your slop ass with a remark on your piece of shi* on wheels, beat us? hmp, maybe, but whose got the bose? the vsa? the XENON (oh, my pretty lites )the perforated leather sports seats? the wood? and the knowledge that we got a Type-__ famiily member, but then again you must be just as content knowing you bought into the member of the prestigious and "oh, i never ever braek down" domestic FORD family...ok, im rolling on my carpet laughing my chink ass off now, so ill just jet...but you crazy..."type-s for slow" puhahhahh....wuteva, punkz like u should be banned

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S, Taffeta White, non-navi, *~*if u see me, youll be behind me *~*
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:17 AM
Race Director

sorry faget, buddy, but i didnt really put my pic there for you to get off on... oh and you call me ugly? funny, http://www.hotornot.com/r/?eid=BYAYOY&key=GFL 220 people dont agreee with you haha, i know that was a pretty geeky thing to do...

anyways, yeah man, i am ugly too,, haha

you have paypal? i wanna send you some money, i kind of feel sorry for you man..1993 shitbox...damn, was the internet even around in 93?

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
My Bitch
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:17 AM
Cruisin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silverstreak01:
therapist? u got some problems buddy, heres the bottom line, YOU DRIVE A '93 MUSTANG!!! i dont care how cool u think u are, u are a fuckin pussy who needs a fast car to get some. and why are u so jealous that we have better cars than you? u seem pretty happy jacking off at red lights in your piece of shit. my advice to you, sell your piece of shit, gather up about 5 grand and go buy yourself a 1990 4 door acura legend. its a big step up from what u have now, trust me

</font>

Did you write all that by yourself? good boy. you know as much about cars, as your mom, and all she knows is that if she sucks your dads cock she will get a new one. Let me ask you? in ten years, will you still have your car. no, i will have mine, because i like it, not becasue its the coolest "new" thing. there is something about my car, that your doesnt have, its original behaviour...you drive a honda thats just a little more powerfull.

hope this clarifys things for you boy.

------------------
My real name is Jim Bo and I drive a FORD. YEEEHHHAAAA
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:18 AM
Death Metal

1. i can piss out the money for a pos 93 shitstang.

2.since you stand by your ford!!(must be retarted) how bout i sell my cls and buy a supercharged saleen then we'll race for badges you fucking loser. i'll run laps around your ass
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:19 AM
Moderator Alumnus

And I quote our friend:
"And what’s all that shit about getting pussy in the cl-s. You know that after a woman feels the torque of a mustang, she'll never go back. (WiLd~CL~TYPS-@SS, just ask your mom."

I am 25 years old, live about 40 mins from New York. Go into nice bar and approach a professional woman and start talking to her. Tell her what you do, talk your game, and then whe she asks what car you drive say a 93' mustang. HAHAHAAHHAHHAHHAAHHAHAHAHHA

Now, it's a known fact that trash collects naturally so you would naturally A: Not be in a nice bar, more like a white trash sports bar. B: If you drive a mustang you are naturally a complete neanderthal therefore you would not be smart enough nor allowed in nice places.

Bottom Line: Take your POS 18year old muscle car and go impress the hogs at the local dairy queen and bowling alley. God knows Torque is for towing and all I ever see in Mustangs are heffers so your right, once they feel the torque (and realize someone can tow them around) they never go back. I'll take my trophy wife and laugh from a distance.

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:20 AM
Cruisin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by KbOiCL-S:
aite bit*h,
you know what? you want ur fucking kim-chi? ill give u ur fucking kim-chi...i AM korean, a Korean with the temper the size of a magnum and a patience level of a peanut for little pathetic dumasses like you:

"type-s for slow"??!!?? now, what the fuc*in hell are YOU smoking, cuz whatver the hell it is, you talking smack right out of your mustang's ugly ass, now, who the hell do you think you are jackas$ to come rompin in2 our fu*kin forum and tell us our 30 thousand dollar cars are slow when you drive a riced up domestic?...oh, wait a minute, did i just say D o M e S t I c??!!?? your car is ford, and as such, i wont even dignify your slop ass with a remark on your piece of shi* on wheels, beat us? hmp, maybe, but whose got the bose? the vsa? the XENON (oh, my pretty lites )the perforated leather sports seats? the wood? and the knowledge that we got a Type-__ famiily member, but then again you must be just as content knowing you bought into the member of the prestigious and "oh, i never ever braek down" domestic FORD family...ok, im rolling on my carpet laughing my chink ass off now, so ill just jet...but you crazy..."type-s for slow" puhahhahh....wuteva, punkz like u should be banned

</font>
You are all wealthy in here...please put some $$$ together and send his BRAIN-type-ASS to school too.

------------------
My real name is Jim Bo and I drive a FORD. YEEEHHHAAAA
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:21 AM
I love my CL-S

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by type s killer:

in ten years, will you still have your car. no, i will have mine, because i like it

</font>
OMG, you still wanna keep your 93 ford 10 years after?? wow~~~so cool

------------------
01 silver cl-s
AEM CAI red
K&N air filter (Out)
Piaa 19169
Cannon winter floor mats
35% tint all around
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:22 AM
Racer

people, people. how can you let some guy in a 93 mustang lx push your buttons. i mean a 93 mustang! hahah

------------------
'01 cl-s blk/blk :: comptech headers, comptech springs, comptech sway bars
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:23 AM
Cruisin'

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BIGPOPPA21:
1. i can piss out the money for a pos 93 shitstang.

2.since you stand by your ford!!(must be retarted) how bout i sell my cls and buy a supercharged saleen then we'll race for badges you fucking loser. i'll run laps around your ass
</font>
I will masacre a saleen you moron... and if you piss money, why didnt you piss enough for a real car? lets say a NSX?

------------------
My real name is Jim Bo and I ride your mom,YEEEHHHAAAA

[This message has been edited by type s killer (edited 04-30-2001).]
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:26 AM
Advanced

type s killer,
Please drive carefully and obey all traffic laws while driving in San Francisco.

Have a nice day

Deckard

------------------
01 silver CL-S w/spoiler
98 silver Integra GS
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:27 AM
Senior Moderator

...LMAO he's GAY!! i called him out and he wont even answer and when he does it'll be my mom this and my girl friend sucked that.. yah !yah! pussy!!!!!!!

------------------
'01 3.2 CL typeS
satin silver metalic
Llumar platinum plus
tint 20% all around

-----------------
'98 ACCORD V-6 sedan
16" coupe wheels
215/55/16 nitto's
20% smoke titanium
black chrome kit

[This message has been edited by typeR (edited 04-30-2001).]
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:27 AM
Banned

Well, Mr. Killer. Lets take a look. You're a redneck, have no data to back up any of your claims, resort to juvinile insults. I think we pretty much won this little arguement. You will have to excuse me, I have to go to work tomorrow. I'm up for a promotion. Some of us like to make something out of ourselves. I'll never own an American brand car. Comparing $3,500 car to a $27,000 car... Ha! Next he'll say it's better than a CL600.

------------------
Red 3.2 CL-S.
"Life is too short not to be Italian." -Paul Sorvino
"How do you expect your date to turn over if your engine doesn't?" -Original
"Too many news programs have become public relations friendly" -Bill Oreilly
"People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives." - J. Michael Straczynski
Proud member of "I didn't hit the curb like a dope and scratch my rims" club.
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:28 AM
Moderator Alumnus

I still say my post sums it up best, what do you guys think?

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:30 AM
Instructor

I JUST WANT TO KNOW WHERE U PARK THAT HUNK OF SHIT YOU CALL A CAR. DO U PARK IT IN FRONT OF OR BEHIND YOUR TRAILER??

------------------
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:32 AM
Instructor

Ok, bear with me, this might take a minute.

Let me see if I understand this guy. He gets a 93 mustang LX ragtop and mods the hell out of it. Ok, fine. Then he tries to get into a big prick-waving fight with anyone who'll listen? Ok, well that sure says something, doesn't it.

First of all, it says's he has little or no taste. You know, I had a mustang once. Once, and I don't brag about it. Most kids in the midwest do at some point. (I used to live there and had a "pony car" like everyone else.) Then, when they learn about cars, they realize that it's still running on the same "live rear axle" suspension that it rolled out on in 1964. Yeah, they've put a bigger motor in, and yeah, it'll go fast in a straight line. It's not a sports car. Sorry. It's a big engine bolted to 4 wheels. I don't care how much you spend putting great parts on it, it'll never be more than the sum of it's parts. It'll never have the feel of a real sports car. It'll still creak when you drive over expansion joints. It'll still rattle when you corner hard. It'll still make that hollow- time to rehang the doors-sound as it ages. Deal with it.
You want to take the whole thing apart and put it back together to fix these issues? Great, then you have a hand-built car, not one off the line. Stop pissing on people who demand quality from the factory.

Ford hasn't made a production sports car since they stopped making the original Cobra. The new cobra comes close, but that's because after 35 years, they finally put an independant rear suspension on it. There's a reason these cars are so inexpensive. The public doesn't expect much in the way of refinement from these cars, so why spend money designing it?

At the end of the day, the reality is that most "sporty" cars are simply an inexpensive chassis with mass-marketed body panels attached and a big engine thrown in. They're not designed from the ground up for sports. If they were, there wouldn't be an LX edition.

Look, the mustang has a following because it's cheap to buy, easy to modify and an american car.

Just because there are more of them on the road doesn't make them better cars. It only means that the lowest common denominator sells. Look, there are more cockroaches on this planet than people. Does that mean they're superior?
I rest my case.

P.S. Oh, by the way, I don't drive a CL-S. I'm planning to buy one sometime soon. I want a car that rides well, is fun to drive and has enough power to get some adrenaline pumping. I don't need a toy that I'll be fixing every other day when it breaks down. I had a Fiat Spyder when I wanted to work on cars. At least then I had the satisfaction of having something a little unusual that ran like a bat out of hell. I don't need that anymore. My kid has enough broken toys to keep me busy.
Old 05-01-2001 | 12:32 AM
Advanced

What the hell was that all about? Do you base your stupid opinion on one persons problems? I have had NO problems with my CL whatsoever. And I would kick your ass in a race anyday with your POS ford bro. But I wont bring my CL-S to the race, I'll bring my Aston Martin Vantage. 400bhp kicking your ass all the way to 170+mph. And I'll give you a head start, you will need it. By the way, I doubt any girl will look at your POS ford while you are racing me. In fact, if you want, Ill take three other people with me just to be fair. Dont come in here and talk shit with that car you drive man, there are always bigger fish in the water. I live in Santa Barbara if you ever want to come down here and race. But I wouldnt if I were you, it wouldnt be very fun getting your ass kicked all day long.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Black, Ebony, Navi
- Splash guards
- Wheel locks
- PIAA 19169 road lamps
- Weapon-R intake w/K&N
- Comptech Springs
- Comptech Sways
- De-Badged rear
- Tint all around
- RAZO Shift Knob

Quick Reply: Hey, in Type S, what does the S stand for? is it for "S"LOW?