------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
RED AEM CAI
Polarg M6 Roadlamps

[This message has been edited by spiroh (edited 04-18-2001).]
Old 04-18-2001, 07:02 PM
STi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hard to decide which will win comaparing 2 incredible fast cars. Since I'm import fan i'll go with Supra, but did u guys see the new Motor Trend mag they had a Viper twin turbo 800+hp and it's street legal that's crazy. They said it might be the fastest street legal production car..

------------------

1990Si
2001CL-S
Old 04-18-2001, 11:38 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,197 Likes on 695 Posts
I just saw that vipor last week and all i could say was wow. Dont people have traction problems with them as it is? I cant imagine trying to control a car with 800 ponies but i would def. be willing to try well minus that ugly paint color.

------------------
'97 CL with custom scratches thanks to my mom's "wonderful" cats
Old 04-19-2001, 01:05 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 978 Likes on 330 Posts
i think the viper will take it about half way down the track due to better gearing. THey will most likely hit top speed considering both cars hit 150+ in the 1/4 mile
Old 04-19-2001, 01:43 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I've always heard that the stock Viper has horrible handling and to add like 400 more horse would just add to the problems. I guess if all the car will do is drag then it's good but shit you could build a car with the same shit for less. I can't stand Vipers. Just an observation but domestic car makers just seem to throw more displacement, higher cubic inches and more cylinders at a car to improve performance. Relatively speaking, isn't that the easy thing to do? Taking a 6 cylinder and engineering the hell out of the drivetrain etc., to maximize the efficiency of the engine is more of an achievement to me. Ferrari does that a little and Lamborghini just throws a massive engine at the thing. In my book Porshce gets the nod. I'd be interested in feed back.
Old 04-19-2001, 02:18 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Zapata:
I've always heard that the stock Viper has horrible handling and to add like 400 more horse would just add to the problems. I guess if all the car will do is drag then it's good but shit you could build a car with the same shit for less. I can't stand Vipers. Just an observation but domestic car makers just seem to throw more displacement, higher cubic inches and more cylinders at a car to improve performance. Relatively speaking, isn't that the easy thing to do? Taking a 6 cylinder and engineering the hell out of the drivetrain etc., to maximize the efficiency of the engine is more of an achievement to me. Ferrari does that a little and Lamborghini just throws a massive engine at the thing. In my book Porshce gets the nod. I'd be interested in feed back.</font>
um, you obviosly don't know much about the viper. It's an amazing handleing car. The only problem is no ABS but thats not a big deal. Give me a break any car that makes motorcycles get out of the way on the track can handle pretty damn good IMO. Sure americans like big displacements, but so do the italians

Old 04-19-2001, 03:10 PM
Old timer

Yeah that guy obviously has no idea what he's talking about. "horrible handling" my ass.

Anyway, I bet the Viper doesn't get traction until it's halfway down the 1/4mile track
Old 04-19-2001, 03:11 PM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JRock:
Yeah that guy obviously has no idea what he's talking about. "horrible handling" my ass.

Anyway, I bet the Viper doesn't get traction until it's halfway down the 1/4mile track
</font>

i bet neither of these cars get traction half way down the track. The supras traction issues are probally worse then the vipers. Those things get sideways going into 3rd w/ mild mods
Old 04-19-2001, 03:40 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

I'm talking about the Viper with respect to all around driving like le mans racing. I'm basing my comments on how i've seen the car perform in all around driving and the comments i've heard by announcers on Speedvision etc., Not that there opinion is infaliable. Straight away I'm sure it's a great car. For example if you were racing in at the F1 track in Monza, Italy, I'd rather have a Porsche over a Viper. At some place like Atco Speedway.....gimmie the Viper. Nothing wrong with big displacement but i guess for me it's more admirable to do more with less than to do more with more.
Old 04-19-2001, 03:42 PM
Advanced

I'd bet someone else's money on the supra. I just love those cars way too much to be rational. I've seen supra's drag too, saw a supra / rx-7 drag where both cars were under 10. Supra won.

------------------
97 2.2CL Premium - Black
Cleared bumpers, int / ext lights
'87 CRX Si Shift Knob =&gt;
Old 04-19-2001, 03:47 PM
teh Senior Instigator

I'm talking about the Viper with respect to all around driving like le mans racing. I'm basing my comments on how i've seen the car perform in all around driving and the comments i've heard by announcers on Speedvision etc., Not that there opinion is infaliable. Straight away I'm sure it's a great car. For example if you were racing in at the F1 track in Monza, Italy, I'd rather have a Porsche over a Viper. At some place like Atco Speedway.....gimmie the Viper. Nothing wrong with big displacement but i guess for me it's more admirable to do more with less than to do more with more. </font>
then obviously you don't listen to speedvision that much, because all they do is praise it for how well it handles for being such a big heavy powerfull car I've seen guys on GSXR750s and R1's and bikes of the like get moved over driving up angeles crest by a viper. I actually remember a magazine doing a article on it against some bike on a twistie mountain side and the viper beat it.
Old 04-19-2001, 03:55 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

holy crow, whatever......ppl at dodge paying you shit on the said or something? I'm just saying what i heard. I could not care less. Just my opinion. It handles well for a big car.....when the back end swings out on a turn the fact that the viper handles well for a big car doesn't help the loss of control. All I am saying is that throwing power at a car does not excuse less than premier handling. If you spent that much money on a car, would you want the salesperson to say, it handles well for a big car?
Old 04-19-2001, 03:57 PM
teh Senior Instigator

holy crow, whatever......ppl at dodge paying you shit on the said or something? I'm just saying what i heard. I could not care less. Just my opinion. It handles well for a big car.....when the back end swings out on a turn the fact that the viper handles well for a big car doesn't help the loss of control. All I am saying is that throwing power at a car does not excuse less than premier handling. If you spent that much money on a car, would you want the salesperson to say, it handles well for a big car? </font>

of course the back end swings out on a turn; it's RWD w/ over 450HP! it wouldn't be fun if it didn't. So are you saying the Corvette is a bad handling car too? Because i know a z06 and a viper around a track, the viper would beat it. And from all i've read is that the Corvette is an exceptional handling car. And by handling well for a big car i mean you can't compare it to a CRX
Old 04-19-2001, 04:02 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

My preference is for something more nimble. Hypocritical because i'm buying a
CL-S.....sure. I'd rather give up a little power for handling then vice versa. For sure, you want tons of oversteer cause when the tires of the Viper catch the ground....you'll launch but that's a risk i'd rather not have to take.
Old 04-19-2001, 04:06 PM
Instructor

The viper is a very good handling car. The only problem with its handling is that it does not tolerate mistakes of any sort. You screw up the car will spin out. The viper was built for pros. If you don't drive it hard anyone can do it, but under extreme driving it is very hard to keep straight. It is not a flaw, it was built that way on purpose, vipers do what the driver wants them to do, nothing more nothing less, so if the driver is a screw up its not viper's fault that it will wipe out.

------------------
-
2001 Silver CL-S w/o NAVI

...Get-in, sit down, shut up, HOLD ON....
Old 04-19-2001, 04:20 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

that's what i was trying to say.....
Old 04-19-2001, 06:13 PM
teh Senior Instigator

that's what i was trying to say.....</font>

if you think your CL-S is more nimble then a viper your still wrong
Old 04-19-2001, 09:07 PM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
IF IF IF i have a supra TT.. how much would i have to spend to make 0-60 under 4 Sec.. exterior and interior...40G?
Old 04-20-2001, 01:35 AM
teh Senior Instigator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by oonowindoo:
IF IF IF i have a supra TT.. how much would i have to spend to make 0-60 under 4 Sec.. exterior and interior...40G?</font>
after you've bought it? about 2K
Old 04-20-2001, 03:56 AM
Team Owner

Received 4,273 Likes on 3,050 Posts
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by CLpower:
after you've bought it? about 2K</font>

Old 04-20-2001, 04:39 AM
Pro

Originally posted by CLpower:

bigger turbos, boost controller, vafc, and you will be pretty damn close

------------------
2001 acura cl type-s
comming soon
2000 accord v6 sedan
1997 4runner
1992 camaro
1993 volvo 850
"Tell me kid, have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moon light"
Old 04-21-2001, 01:46 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally posted by CLpower:

rims and body kits don't make you fast, and no, i'm not talking about n20

------------------
"the needle got buried at 140.....1,500 RPM later...the tach got buried"