Help on Squeaking on Passenger Side

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2001 | 12:44 PM
1st Gear

Help on Squeaking on Passenger Side

I saw some posts a while back that others have some squeaking noise coming from the passenger side/seat. I have recently noticed the noise and it is getting worse. However it seems to go away when it is warm out. Does anyone have this similar problem and does anyone have it fixed? Appreciate any help.
Old 03-28-2001 | 01:36 PM
Instructor

I also have the passenger seat rattle when I'm going over bumpy pavement. It seems there are a lot of rattles in this car, just like my '99 CL. I just got the moonroof squeaking fixed. Sometimes I think I still hear the moonroof, but it's not as bad as before. Maybe I'll take it to the dealer again for the seat rattle.

RATTLE - RATTLE - RATTLE - sorta irritating for a $30k+ car!

------------------
Silver CL Type S
Stock
Old 03-28-2001 | 03:07 PM
nItIn

Yes, you are right about drawing that correlation to the noise with the temperature. When it is colder outside, everything shrinks, and tightens up, and stiffens up, causing the noise to get louder. The noise has to do with the leather rubbing up against certain parts of your under seat .. and there is a bulletin out by Acura about it. There are only temporary fixes that involve smoothing out the leather area that rubs and causes the noise, something you can do with the tiniest bit of detergent rubbed on your index finger .. but I would take the car over to your dealership and ask him to show you exactly where the noise is coming from and where to rub the detergent at 2 months from now when the noise comes back

The other noises are possibly coming from a loose side panel, due to a loose bolt, or insufficient foam/padding. The service shop mechanic will be able to test drive your car and identify exactly the source of the rattles & squeaks

Hope this helps

------------------
2001 CL - Nighthawk Black ext: Ebony int; Coming soon: '02 TL-S Wood Steering; Tints; Aftermarket Wood Trim
Old 03-28-2001 | 03:10 PM
nItIn

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by silverstarr:
.... RATTLE - RATTLE - RATTLE - sorta irritating for a $30k+ car!

</font>
EXACTLY MY SENTIMENTS !! I thought I was buying a luxury car. The amount of rattling and squeaking makes it sound more like a economy car! I mean my dad has a LS400, and gawd, that car exudes luxury, it is almost pin drop silent after 40K miles .. I'm not expecting the same thing considering these two cars are in separate leagues, but this car makes more noise than my last car .. '98 Camry!!

------------------
2001 CL - Nighthawk Black ext: Ebony int; Coming soon: '02 TL-S Wood Steering; Tints; Aftermarket Wood Trim
Old 03-28-2001 | 03:11 PM
Safety Car

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by nabster:
The noise has to do with the leather rubbing up against certain parts of your under seat .. and there is a bulletin out by Acura about it.

</font>
Would you happen to know the BST # for this? Thanks

------------------
---------------------
'01 Satin Silver w/Black, Navi_less, spoiler, mud guards, wind deflector.
Tint 15%, Polarqs M6s, Things to come: sub, air kit (if exists), maybe headers, CAI, and spring/sway combo.
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1603513&a=12224080
Old 03-28-2001 | 03:13 PM
nItIn

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Big_Pimp's_Type_S:
Originally posted by nabster:
The noise has to do with the leather rubbing up against certain parts of your under seat .. and there is a bulletin out by Acura about it.

</font>
Would you happen to know the BST # for this? Thanks
No I dont unfortunately. Jens/Wayne? This bulletin was given to me during Fall 2000. If no one else can find it, this weekend when I get back home from my trip, I can look through my paper pile to see if I still have a copy of the bulletin that I got along with my service record/order.

------------------