Help recall CA car registration increase!

Search this Thread

Old 08-08-2003, 11:52 AM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
Received 957 Likes on 328 Posts
Help recall CA car registration increase!

as most of you know starting in october car registration is going up 300%. that means most of us are going to be paying an arm and a leg!

http://campbellforsenate.com/read_news.php?id=9
Old 08-08-2003, 12:01 PM
The Third Ball

Received 4,953 Likes on 2,637 Posts
And people wonder why we recalled the asshole. Jeez this state could get way worse before its starts improving.

Im not a republican but ah-nuld seems like a good bet. He will focus on bringing the economy back here ( including teh film biz which is YAY for me) and he will focus on education.

I may not agree with everything he believes but he may be the best thing for the state to start making things right. Will have to keep reading and researching what goes on. fucking 300% increase, eat my ass!!!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:03 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Location: Huntington Beach, CA -> Ashburn, VA -> Raleigh, NC -> Walnut Creek, CA
arnold doesn't seem like a good bet at all IMO. I hope they don't let anyone run!

And also, it's not only Davis's fault we are in this, although he is a fuckin idiot.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:12 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
I agree ! We have enough DUCKS (Politicans) RUNNING this state.....putting that hollywood boy in would make this place worse ! Their all rotten I think ! I don't think anyone can turn this state around over night, much less in the next year or two. 49 other states are running RED ink ! It just matter of time before we will conclude that George W. Bush repeated his fathers fuck up ! Running the US in the ground......

They are all crooks ! I'm going to move to Mexico !

Ghander: Get ready for more disappointing issue's ahead ! This is just the first to come !
Old 08-08-2003, 12:15 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally posted by Fabvsix
I agree ! We have enough DUCKS (Politicans) RUNNING this state.....putting that hollywood boy in would make this place worse ! Their all rotten I think ! I don't think anyone can turn this state around over night, much less in the next year or two. 49 other states are running RED ink ! It just matter of time before we will conclude that George W. Bush repeated his fathers fuck up ! Running the US in the ground......

They are all crooks ! I'm going to move to Mexico !

Ghander: Get ready for more disappointing issue's ahead ! This is just the first to come !

life in Puerto Vallarta has been looking awfully good lately
Old 08-08-2003, 12:20 PM
The Third Ball

All im saying is dont discount arnold cause he is a "hollywood boy"
He is an extremely smart individual who, yes, even holds an MBA in business from Ohio. He has always been politically active behind he scenes and is one hell of a business man. People are letting the fact that he is a star and does bad movies blind them.

Im not saying he is the best, but right now he doesnt seem like a bad choice. We will just have to see how it all plays out.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:21 PM
The Third Ball

And no one said this state would get turned around in one night, what i said was he might be a good one to get things started back on the right track.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:24 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally posted by sarlacc23
All im saying is dont discount arnold cause he is a "hollywood boy"
He is an extremely smart individual who, yes, even holds an MBA in business from Ohio. He has always been politically active behind he scenes and is one hell of a business man. People are letting the fact that he is a star and does bad movies blind them.

Im not saying he is the best, but right now he doesnt seem like a bad choice. We will just have to see how it all plays out.

I'm not blind by the guy at all, he just doesn't have what it takes to be a governor. He'll just sit and listen to his council. Ashton Coucher has a MBA in like bio chemistry, and Matt Damon graduated from harvard. Would I want either of them to run my state? Hell fucking no.

Next we know Jenine Garafalow (sp?) is going to run

I hate that dumb fucking broad more then words can describe!
Old 08-08-2003, 12:33 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I don't like any of this recall shit... I mean I hate everything the president has done since he has been in office but I wouldn't sign a recall petition. Why? Because I think we should just vote them out when the end of their term comes around.

Oh, and california has always been getting raped on taxes, registration, gas, ect, ect.

I don't think anybody can patch a sinking ship fast enough to make a difference.
Old 08-08-2003, 12:35 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

And what's with all these bogus candidates?
Some 19 year old blonde with bit tits? Gary coleman the midget?? WTF America does not elect midgets into public office...
Old 08-08-2003, 12:40 PM
The Third Ball

Its Cali dude, no one ever tried to claim that it wasnt a freak show
Old 08-08-2003, 12:47 PM
VOTE OUT THE BUSH REGIME

hahaha good one...
Old 08-08-2003, 01:31 PM
Drifting

George W Bush screwed all you Californians really, really good.

First, somehow, you guys run into an electricity energy crisis, and aparently the only energy companies that can bail you out comes from...comes from...TEXAS, of course.

Then, you get screwed again by having to pay not astronomical, not to the moon, but out to Pluto! What were you guys paying at home, 10 or 20 dollars per kilowatt hour? Here in Chicago at the time, a kwh was about 10 cents. And where did all that money go to? Why, ENRON of course! Enron, of course, screwed all the empolyees out of their 401k plan money, enriching Ken Lay, a George W Bush good buddy and campaign contributor made something like $5 BILLION screwing over you cali guys and the enron employees.

I can tell you one thing, If Martha Stewart (who I do not care for) ever sees the inside of a jail cell, Bush, Cheny and Lay deserve THE CHAIR!

And ain't it sweet, now that we have the oil wells in Iraq under our control, it was announced that we are going to sell Iraqi oil, so we can pay for the cost of Haliburton rebuilding the Iraqi oil field equipment and the electrical structure. Haliburton. Haliburton? Didn't our hide and seek VP, Dick Cheny, used to be CEO of Haliburton? Yes, he was. But I am SURE that this is just a COINCIDENCE, right?

Your fiscal situation is not the fault of any one man. It is the fault of a lot of people. You guys are a STAGGERING $38 billion in the hole. We in Illinois are a mere 5 billion in arrears. We have one thing in common. Our states had the AUDICITY to toss our electroal votes NOT to GWB.

And, just announced on Fox news (very pro bush), a presidential order has been issued. Any American oil company importing Iraqi oil into the US, and spills the oil (in large or small quantities) on Us soil or water ways, guess what? CANNOT BE SUED!

Our Resident, Pinocchio, screwed California over Electricity. He screwed us in Illinois by denying bail out help for United Air lines, Chicagos home town airline because our votes went for Gore. Last I checked, UALAQ was worth about $0.50 per share. Dallas based American is about ready to go bankrupt too. You think GWB will help them out with a federal bailout? Sure he will.

Because most people cannot live without their cars, I think Gray Davis is tripleing the reg. tax because that is probably the only way he can raise money quickly. But if I were one of you, I would be mad as hell too. And, isn't it funny that since this "drill and produce more supply" Resident has been in office gas (in fact all energy) prices have gone up?

You guys may just have to bite the bullet on this one. Even so, I doubt the price increase, even if car sales in californis remain constant, the money raised will be barely sufficient to service the interest on the debt.

You in California and all americans have larger problems to worry about. Patriot Act I after 9/11, insisted upon by Cheny, and drafted by Ashcroft took away many of your rights in the name of security. In fact, Cheny told both the house and the senate to sign it on his verbal interpretation because "it takes too long to print it. Trust me". Seemed reasonable at the time. Now Ashcroft is trying to ramrod the Patriot Act II through congress. If he gets it, do not be suprised if there is a knock on your door. Standing there will be a represantative of GWBs federal government, and he will have a syringe in his hand. He will want a sample of your DNA! And BTW, where are those weapons of mass destruction? Anybody personally know any American soldiers who have been assinated in Iraq? I do. Lets get this clown out of the white house.
Old 08-08-2003, 02:43 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 17 Likes on 17 Posts
I VOTE FOR ARNOLD
Old 08-08-2003, 02:55 PM
teh Senior Instigator

Originally posted by knv8
I VOTE FOR ARNOLD

great, do you even know any of his views?
Old 08-08-2003, 03:09 PM
... and my CL-S wuvs me

Considering there'll be over 200 names on the ballot, I'd put my money that Arnie wins simply on the name recognition!

Imagine looking at that huge of a ballot...... avg Californian won't remember which faceless politician stood for what issues, and they'll pick the name they recognize.
Old 08-08-2003, 03:16 PM
teh Senior Instigator

i'm hoping it doesn't come to a ballot
Old 08-08-2003, 07:27 PM

After I get my degree I'm leaving Ca.
Old 08-08-2003, 07:35 PM
Suzuka Master

The situation is ridiculous enough to think your dreaming.