Help needed:Brake & steering probs....

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2002, 09:55 PM
1st Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help needed:Brake & steering probs....

Hello to all,
I own a black on black 2001 CLS no mods as of yet,tint,spoiler roof visor .
I am new to this site and I was wonderig if anyone had a similar problem as I and what they did.
Several times while braking regardless of speed or how hard I stepped on brake the pedal vibrated very heavily as well as not slowing the car down.
(The ABS was not activated nor traction or VSA)Also several times when I hit the brakes the car pulled hard to one direction and the other day the steering locked as well.
I brought the car to my dealer and at 4000k they replaced the front brakes and resurfaced rotors a week later in with the same problem they resurfaced rear rotors and now at 4900 miles I am still having the same problem in addition to the loss of steering .When I brought it to the dealer they said they could not find anythin .Meanwhile I am afraid to drive this car.
Please anyone with this problem or advice respond or e-mail at JJRX@webtv.net Thanks JOHN
Old 04-24-2002, 11:24 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

i'm no mechanic or car-freak to tell u whats wrong but with barely 5k miles on the car, it should covered under warranty so u should definetly take it back and give em hell about it.
There's no reason for u live in this kinda fear in ANY car, let alone a $30k car. And if this keeps up for more than 3 times then look into the lemon law where u can possibly get a new car in exchange for this one.
Though thats a long process, in the meantime u gotta be stern with these car dealers cos they dont give an ant's ass about us and only their profits so make sure u take a stand.

Good luck!
Old 04-24-2002, 11:35 PM
Honkey

If you don't mind, most dealers will allow one of their techs to take the car home for the night. If it's a problem that occurs randomly, he's bound to have it happen to him sometime while driving the car. When my tranny was going out they said it was shifting fine on their 5 mile test drive. Apparently one of their tech's graciously volonteered to take my car home for an entire weekend (what a great guy!) to see if he could get the transmission to act up. I kindly informed them that I would rather drive my car off a cliff then let one of their techs borrow it for a weekend. Good luck

-Aaron