Help! I have a problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2006, 01:21 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help! I have a problem

My passenger side rearview mirror doesnt move down when the car is in reverse anymore!Living in New York, thats a nice feature so i dont scratch up my rims when I have to Parallel park. A while ago a car took my whole mirror off and had it rerplaced from acura. I had the whole mirror unit replaced from acura and it still does not work. Please help me out and let me know if there is anthing I can do to fix this problem. Thanks Again
Old 09-21-2006, 01:27 PM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
Originally Posted by Jackooze
My passenger side rearview mirror doesnt move down when the car is in reverse anymore!Living in New York, thats a nice feature so i dont scratch up my rims when I have to Parallel park. A while ago a car took my whole mirror off and had it rerplaced from acura. I had the whole mirror unit replaced from acura and it still does not work. Please help me out and let me know if there is anthing I can do to fix this problem. Thanks Again
Make sure the mirror selector switch is in the middle and not to the left or right.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:43 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by RaviNJCLs
Make sure the mirror selector switch is in the middle and not to the left or right.

Well look, i know that you have to put the selector switch in the middle. When i do that the mirror goes down in reverse but it does not come up when i put it back into drive. Its very weird cause to move the mirror right i have to press left on the keypad and vis versa. I tried going to shops to find out the problem and they said it will cost me a lot of money to find the problem.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:17 PM
I'm here in spirit...

I think it's mad at you. Buy it a drink, chat with it a little and then give it a try.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:21 PM
Team Owner

Well look, i know that you have to put the selector switch in the middle. When i do that the mirror goes down in reverse but it does not come up when i put it back into drive. Its very weird cause to move the mirror right i have to press left on the keypad and vis versa. I tried going to shops to find out the problem and they said it will cost me a lot of money to find the problem.
Sounds like there could be a short. If you use the keypad to move the mirrors, do they move freely in all directions? Check. Make sure nothing is wrong with the motors or gears, etc.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:22 PM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
I think it's mad at you. Buy it a drink, chat with it a little and then give it a try.
Tell it you love it. That always works.
Old 09-21-2006, 02:23 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Happened to me last year... I disconnected the NEGATIVE battery cable. Some how that reset the mirror and all has been well since...

Make sure to have your radio code and/or navi code handy... as you'll need it once you reconnect the battery.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Tell it you love it. That always works.
If all else fails go to plan B... BFH.

I'd try Greenie's idea.
Old 09-21-2006, 05:08 PM
Advanced

Sounds like there could be a short. If you use the keypad to move the mirrors, do they move freely in all directions? Check. Make sure nothing is wrong with the motors or gears, etc.

The keypad moves freely with the mirror but when I set the switch in the middle and go reverse the mirror moves down it gets stuck sometimes and once i put it back to drive it doesnt want to go back up. Its mad stupid and pissing me off. I had the entire mirror replaced twice and the same shit.

If its a short what can I do to fix it ?
Old 09-21-2006, 05:46 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
The keypad moves freely with the mirror but when I set the switch in the middle and go reverse the mirror moves down it gets stuck sometimes and once i put it back to drive it doesnt want to go back up. Its mad stupid and pissing me off. I had the entire mirror replaced twice and the same shit.

If its a short what can I do to fix it ?
I've noticed that this will happen in some instances...I reset Memory 1 and put the mirrors exactly how you want them...lock the car with key fob...then unlock with key fob...get in..throw it in reverse and it should work just fine without it going stupid .

Hopefully that will do the trick.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:26 AM
Acura loyal for 93mo/109k

Personally, I hate this feature and keep my switch set on R to disable it.
Old 09-22-2006, 12:28 AM
Advanced

Well guys I tried all the advices given here and nothing works. Guess i have to park the harder way.
Old 09-22-2006, 01:33 AM
East Coast Boost.!

if you can diagnose it, i can send you some sheets form the ETM
Old 09-22-2006, 07:18 AM
Senior Moderator

Hmmm... So disconnecting the battery and resetting the memory like GreenMachine said didn't work ?

I seem to remember when I had the problem last year, that disconnecting the battery didn't initially do it... but I must have changed the memory settings and it started working correctly:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=mirror

I don't know what I did exactly now... :killer:
Old 09-22-2006, 09:15 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by CL'er 1st & 2nd Gen's
Personally, I hate this feature and keep my switch set on R to disable it.
You must not parallel park too often. In NYC I always end up having to park on a very narrow side street in a spot where a Civic or a Mini just came out of. It helps. Backing out of a driveway, it gets disabled.
Old 09-22-2006, 10:58 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
Hmmm... So disconnecting the battery and resetting the memory like GreenMachine said didn't work ?

I seem to remember when I had the problem last year, that disconnecting the battery didn't initially do it... but I must have changed the memory settings and it started working correctly:

https://acurazine.com/forums/showthr...ghlight=mirror

I don't know what I did exactly now... :killer:
Hey green monster from what i read on that forume you had the same exact problem as me now. Uhm did you ever end up going to the dealer for that ?

I tried again this morning disconnecting the neg from the battery and it still doing the same shit.

ANY OTHER IDEAS?
Old 09-22-2006, 10:59 AM
Advanced

Originally Posted by Titand19
if you can diagnose it, i can send you some sheets form the ETM

What do you mean by that ?
Old 09-22-2006, 11:25 AM
Senior Moderator

Hey green monster from what i read on that forume you had the same exact problem as me now. Uhm did you ever end up going to the dealer for that ?
Nope, never went to the dealer... It did return to normal, but since it happened last year, I don't remember exactly what I did to "fix" it...

I do KNOW that I disconected the battery, but I'm unsure what else I did (guessing that I messed with the memory settings).

That's why it's important to update threads
Old 09-22-2006, 12:31 PM
Advanced

Originally Posted by GreenMonster
Nope, never went to the dealer... It did return to normal, but since it happened last year, I don't remember exactly what I did to "fix" it...

I do KNOW that I disconected the battery, but I'm unsure what else I did (guessing that I messed with the memory settings).

That's why it's important to update threads

Thanks anyway. It makes no sense to go to the dealer because they will charge up the ass to find out the cause of the problem. Maybe one day i will get lucky and it will just start working.
Old 09-22-2006, 04:16 PM
Acura loyal for 93mo/109k

You must not parallel park too often. In NYC I always end up having to park on a very narrow side street in a spot where a Civic or a Mini just came out of. It helps. Backing out of a driveway, it gets disabled.
Yep. Haven't parallel parked in over 20 years. Just use it backing out of the driveway which is slightly downhill anyway. I prefer to see further back, not straight down.