Help... dimensions (inside/outside) of CT Springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-2003, 12:11 PM
Manny Tranny

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Help... dimensions (inside/outside) of CT Springs

Anyone know the exact inside and outside dimensions of the 01-03 CL Comptech Springs. I need both top and bottom for the front and rear springs. I'm waiting on a reply from Comptech but thought this may be quicker.

Dealer is telling me the 01-03 CT Springs don’t fit on my 03 CL-S.
Old 07-31-2003, 01:28 PM
BOOOOOOsted

Don't listen to a dealer regarding the fitment of Comptech's springs, they don't know what they are talking about.
Comptech has springs for a 2003, I guarantee it.
Old 07-31-2003, 02:51 PM
ex 6 Speed owner :(

Well if mine weren't in my car I would measure them for you. Want the dimensions of the stock springs? I can tell you for sure the I.D. and O.D. of the stock/Comptech springs are identical... only thing different is the free-height. Actually I may have pics... hold on... ah, here we go:
Front:

Rear:

Obviously, the silver ones are Comptech's...
Old 07-31-2003, 04:21 PM
Manny Tranny

Thanks guys. What's pissing me off is Dean and Comptech are positive these are the correct CT Springs. They have the freaking part number stamped right on them. The dealer insists they don't fit. Comptech said they will ship me new ones when I send them back the ones that the dealer says don't fit.

Here's where it gets good. If Comptech determines they are the correct springs, it's my war with the dealer to get my money back for the install (I had to pay the dealer for the uninstall/reinstall of the stock springs). If Comptech determines they are the wrong spring, Comptech will reimburse me for the charge I absorbed for the uninstall/reinstall of the stock springs.

Boy this sucks.. I was sooo looking forward to these springs!
Old 07-31-2003, 05:22 PM
Racer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Steve,

Call me in the morning---I will see what I can do for you too

I want to be sure this gets worked out and everyone is happy.

Dean
Old 07-31-2003, 05:51 PM
Not Fast Enough

arn't comptech springs location specific like front rt front left and rear rt and rear left so maybe the don't have them matched up?

kevin
Old 08-01-2003, 04:41 AM
Manny Tranny

Originally posted by SLY1TYPES
arn't comptech springs location specific like front rt front left and rear rt and rear left so maybe the don't have them matched up?

kevin
Kevin

Yes, you're correct. The dealer took all four springs off. The only CT Springs they tried to install appear to be the Rear CT Springs. I know this because the front CT Springs are still in the original bag with the tag on them (still stapled). The dealer also said they tried these CT Springs (rear) both in the rear and front top side and upside down (I guess they covered all bases, huh?)

I'm not sure who the Acura tech was but boy, this isn't rocket science. I found the install instructions in the original bag and this appears to be untouched too (no greasy finger prints on them). So, maybe the dealer thought they could do it without the guide and gave up.

Once I have those diameter dimensions, I'll have enough proof to go back to the dealer and ask if they want to try again or I'll go to another dealer and have them get them on and scream for a credit from the the dealer who couldn't get them on.
Old 08-01-2003, 05:53 AM
Spectacular Aroma About

Maybe there is someone in your area that has a set of stock springs you could compare and see if they are the same diameter? Shouldn't need to ship them off to see if they fit. You could also post a picture just to verify they "look" the same.