Have to Read: Beware of Acura!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2002, 11:55 PM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Have to Read: Beware of Acura!!

Okay my navigation was getting all fucked up about a month ago...so i took it to the Stevens Creek Acura dealership and it was there for two weeks where they couldnt figure out why i wasnt getting the correct signal to trace my car...all the other features work on teh screen like the AC etc..but it aint pickin up the signall........they tried to fuckn blame it on my Stereo System wires or some shit..can one of you guys please offer me some more info or advice...if you guys have had experience or have knowledge on this subject!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way..i picked up my car today from the dealer...came home...started it again to meet my girlfriend and my Battery was TOTALLY DEAD!! im jumped it..and ran it for a while to let it recharge. and turned it off and then tried again to turn it on....DEAD...What the fuck is ACura doing..they were probably running my navi n shit when they were testing it...without the car being on so current was bein drawn from the amp
I am very disapointed with my ride and with ACura..im losin faith
Old 01-10-2002, 02:00 AM
Race Director

I would sell your car right away because it seems like it's going to fall apart any day now. I would say f- you to Acura, the dealership, all Acura dealerships, and just go with a Toyota or a Nissan or something. Honestly.
Old 01-10-2002, 02:11 AM
Broke youngster :(

NISSAN Z!!!!!!!!!!

However, im gonna wait another year heheheh

Nick
Old 01-10-2002, 05:44 AM
Buckle Up

Happens in my moms 99 TL. I'll start up the car, and dont look at the navi for a min and its dead. No stars or anything. Gotta turn off the car and trun it back on. Its weird. Happened a few times and gonna bring it to Miami Acura soon.
Old 01-10-2002, 06:45 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Have to Read: Beware of Acura!!

Originally posted by cleeean cl-s
my Battery was TOTALLY DEAD!! im jumped it..and ran it for a while to let it recharge. and turned it off and then tried again to turn it on....DEAD...What the fuck is ACura doing..
The shop was probably using your system as a radio for 2 weeks. j/k.

I would try a different dealership.
Old 01-10-2002, 06:56 AM
Team Owner

Originally posted by kensteele
I would sell your car right away because it seems like it's going to fall apart any day now. I would say f- you to Acura, the dealership, all Acura dealerships, and just go with a Toyota or a Nissan or something. Honestly.
Ken, you forgot to add......

Shawn S
Old 01-10-2002, 07:18 AM

Toyota- YES Nissan- NO, my sis had alot of problems with her maxima and we got it brand new, a few of my friends' I30, I35 and Q45 also have tons of problems. The Q45 actually wouldnt start the morning after he picked it up. Infiniti was good though, gave him another Q45 off the lot, said he shouldnt have to deal with problems like that for a new car from infiniti. But a few weeks later, the power seats stopped working in that new one.
Old 01-10-2002, 08:01 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Am I the only one who see's the humor and sarcasm in this?
Old 01-10-2002, 08:14 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 632 Likes on 281 Posts
Originally posted by eclipse23

I don't see no stinking sarcasm here
Old 01-10-2002, 08:20 AM
6 speed...

aw, you're just sayin' what some of us have been thinkin' for a while now...
(nashua? you listening? )
Old 01-10-2002, 08:42 AM
Happy CL-S Pilot

tankmoneky,

Talk about luck, I scheduled a road test this morning,

First, I did my road test alone....

1) The pinging sound from the EVAP valave disappeared! I could barely hear it. I guess there is no GAS Vapor, so it is not functionning. I cannot reproduce it.

2) One of the dashboard rattle on the driver side cannot be reproduced

3) The other dashboard rattle passenger side can only be reproduced when I hit a big road bump pothole.

4) The center console ratttle can't be reproduced.

5) the only thing that I can show to the rep is the peeling door handle...

I figured I would embarsse myself, if I went to the dealer for a road test... So, I called and I appologized that I cannot make it.. And, I reschedule it to another opportunity. The Rep was so kind that he said I can come at any time...

The only thing that I can think of is that Temp this morning is is 39 and could reach 50! Comapre this to low 20s. So, rattles is Temp dependent and GAS Vapor seems so too... :sqnteek:
Old 01-10-2002, 08:59 AM
Banned

Don't be stupid. He'd be happier with a Chrysler. Show some patriotism!
Old 01-10-2002, 09:02 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Did you tell your service rep?

By the way..i picked up my car today from the dealer...came home...started it again to meet my girlfriend and my Battery was TOTALLY DEAD!! im jumped it..and ran it for a while to let it recharge. and turned it off and then tried again to turn it on....DEAD...What the fuck is ACura doing..they were probably running my navi n shit when they were testing it...without the car being on so current was bein drawn from the amp
You can't blame that on the dealer, service rep or tech guy. My dealer usually asks me if i have any aftermarket devices or parts in my car b4 they start any work on it. I had just dropped my car off today and I TOLD THEM UP FRONT that "I have two amps in my car, one pushing the doors and one for my box. IF you work on my car you can't have the radio on....and if they are testing the radio or nav to leave my car on." You should have advised them on that. NOT THE DEALER FAULT! Anyone who gets in my car or drives it while I am not around, I ALWAYS TELL THEM ABOUT THE STEREO.

I know I am just going off on that one point about the battery, but honeslty, you can't blame the dealer or ACURA for that.

My .02
Old 01-10-2002, 09:06 AM
6 speed...

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk

I figured I would embarsse myself, if I went to the dealer for a road test... So, I called and I appologized that I cannot make it.. And, I reschedule it to another opportunity. The Rep was so kind that he said I can come at any time...
lol, I bet he did...

I know squeaks and rattles and the like are frustrating for me, but I do feel sorry for the service techs who have to try and track this stuff down.

I've had the same thing happen where I can only get a particuar squeak or rattle to manifest itself under very specific conditions and those conditions are not reproducible within 50 miles of the dealership, but seem to occur continuously on my commute to and from work...
Old 01-10-2002, 09:54 AM
Rod
Drifting

Originally posted by eclipse23

Ken must've gotten tired of typing out his usual long corporate statements.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:20 AM
The Slim Member

cleeean cl-s: Try using Los Gatos Acura, I heard that is a pretty good dealership in the south bay.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:37 AM
Burning Brakes

I don't know the full story so it's hard to form an opinion. If the dealer tried known fixes for a Navi not receiving a signal and couldn't find anything it's logical for them to look at what the owner may have done to car. I'm not saying your system install screwed something up but it's possible and should be considered. I troll the TL, CL, and MDX boards and have never heard of a Navi problem that wasn't easily corrected by the dealer. Some dealers are quick to blame the customer but not all of them are out to screw you. I have a TL-S and a MDX and have nothing but praise for the way my dealer has treated me. Instead of assuming the whole Acura universe is evil, try another dealer.
Old 01-10-2002, 01:29 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
Maybe it's you, cleeean cl-s. :P
Old 01-10-2002, 03:39 PM
Acura TL-S

how to find rattles

Originally posted by Nashua_Night_Hawk
tankmoneky,

Talk about luck, I scheduled a road test this morning,

First, I did my road test alone....

1) The pinging sound from the EVAP valave disappeared! I could barely hear it. I guess there is no GAS Vapor, so it is not functionning. I cannot reproduce it.

2) One of the dashboard rattle on the driver side cannot be reproduced

3) The other dashboard rattle passenger side can only be reproduced when I hit a big road bump pothole.

4) The center console ratttle can't be reproduced.

5) the only thing that I can show to the rep is the peeling door handle...

The only thing that I can think of is that Temp this morning is is 39 and could reach 50! Comapre this to low 20s. So, rattles is Temp dependent and GAS Vapor seems so too... :sqnteek:
i have a sure-fire way to find all the rattles in the car. u need to get urself an audio tuning cd that has bass frequency test that goes from 200hz all the way down to 20hz. no i am not kidding. put that into the cd player, turn up the base and run the test at full volume.. well.. do 90% volume, cuz 100 might blow ur speakers. once the bass starts u will hear every single rattle, tremble, vibration noise or nething else that make sounds while moving. no, once again i am not kidding. i did this in my car and have been able to eliminate 2 noises by locating them. i have 2 to go, but its too cold right now.
Old 01-10-2002, 11:22 PM
Advanced

I went in to Acura here in Irving, TX about problems with my CL Type S.

1. Navi problems, it sometimes thinks I am somewhere else. Like the other side of the city.

2. Pass headlight fogs up bad when it rains

3. Rubber seals around windows all fucked up

4. Annoying rattle in the rear

5. Parchment leather has some slight stains that I can't get off. Like where my lower back is (looks like clothes dye).

Here's what they told me.

1. Your tint is causing the problem (I had it installed from a Factory Honda Dealership). Have the rear tint removed!

2. We don't see any fog in the light. (no you idots, I wanted the light replaced) We have to see the fog to even consider replacing it.

3. Fixed rubber seals, 1 week later they are back in the same location.

4. The rattles are because you have your base setting all the way up. We turned it down and no there is no rattle. (i m like what the fu$%k!)

5. We get police officers in all the time with CL's and there seats are stained in blue. If you want us to fix it, it will cost you $$$$.

At this point, I am like screw ACURA. I have had a civic, then a prelude and I have had less problems with both cars combined than this CL. Also it seems if I was ever unhappy with something Honda kissed my ass. ACURA just gives me excuses and treats me as if I own a "YUGO".
Old 01-11-2002, 12:14 AM
Advanced

That tint bullshit they tried to pull on me..but i think i already told u guys they tried an external antenna...it still diddnt work..so they felt stupid...
Old 01-11-2002, 09:00 AM
Instructor

Sounds like you guys have the "Han Solo" problem. Remeber his ship the M.Falcon was always giving him a hard because of his "special" modifications. The more you mess with the stock parts the more vairables you have that can, and will go wrong.

Although it sounds like some of you have had a bad time with the dealers the vast majority of Acura owners don't have a problem with the Delears.