Suzuka Master

Received 574 Likes on 409 Posts
Originally Posted by phee
Alphakennybody
Old 12-24-2010, 03:51 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Received 1,485 Likes on 1,049 Posts
Originally Posted by friesm2000
about 10 years ago it was 3 letters followed by 4 numbers; then they did a pretty decent redesign (not really they just flipped the green and whit around lol), and went to the 6 digits

also you have to remember Ontario is bigger then most states here, so you go through plates faster

also as a side note, i know the first couple of letters are assigned to certain counties, so just by looking at the combo, you can tell what county it is from (we do not have the county on the bottom of the plate, just "Colorado")
True, I guess. Ontario's population is 13 million, according to Wikipedia. For reference, NY's population is 19 and a bit, and VA's population is 8 million. Anybody know how long NY's been with the 3 letter 4 number system? They used to have 3 and 3, right?

Alphakennybody

Originally Posted by Carmodifier
Aren't all cars dangerous (to some extent) during inclement weather?? I find it very amusing that no one thinks my tickets are a joke for what happened.

I hit the slick spot at the outside apex of the turn (if that makes sense). I know apex typically means the inside of a turn, but I am referring to that relative location just on the outside of the turn. I was going about 35 MPH.

MN plates used to have 3 letters followed by 3 digits; the characters were blue and embossed. A couple years ago MN transitioned to "digital" license plates. The new plates have 3 digits followed by 3 letters; the characters are black and flat. We are unable to have the logo of our choice printed on our plates. My CL's vanity plates ran me $108.50.
Well sure, cars are *more* dangerous in inclement weather, but that's why we drive slower in the wet/snow.

It's hard to believe your tickets are a joke when you get called in by more than ten people. We don't know, we weren't there, but 10 people's words against your word isn't looking too good.

Kinda confused about what you mean by the outside apex But it is possible to hit the curb if you're way on the outside.

What do you mean by digital plates? Do they send some sort of signal or something?
Old 12-24-2010, 04:07 PM
B A N N E D

Received 13 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Aman
True, I guess. Ontario's population is 13 million, according to Wikipedia. For reference, NY's population is 19 and a bit, and VA's population is 8 million. Anybody know how long NY's been with the 3 letter 4 number system? They used to have 3 and 3, right?

Well sure, cars are *more* dangerous in inclement weather, but that's why we drive slower in the wet/snow.

It's hard to believe your tickets are a joke when you get called in by more than ten people. We don't know, we weren't there, but 10 people's words against your word isn't looking too good.

Kinda confused about what you mean by the outside apex But it is possible to hit the curb if you're way on the outside.

What do you mean by digital plates? Do they send some sort of signal or something?

i thought Ontario's population would be bigger for some reason (maybe because of all the land area lol)

and make sure we have decent tires on our car's (and iirc bald tire's are illegal first of all; and makes the vehicle unsafe, which i know here would be more then likely a "equipment violation" or something along those lines, and you would still get points against your license (btw to OP, even illegal tint tickets [cause you can't see, makes it unsafe] can put 2 points on your license here)
and as far as the hit and run part, you did hit the sign and drive off afterall

and if you say 10 people against your word, yeah not looking too good

Last edited by friesm2000; 12-24-2010 at 04:10 PM.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:17 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Alphakennybody
Haha, that was a good mindfuck! LMAO

For those who are confused, check this video out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gaaCq7ELGZk
Old 12-24-2010, 04:21 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,313 Likes on 4,897 Posts
NY was using the 3/3 system with the Lady Liberty plates up until ~2000-01 IIRC. The brand new yellow and blue plates are hideous. Im glad I registered my car in VA before that took effect.

Say it out loud.

Alpha Kenny Body.

Now say it faster.

EDIT - Or watch the video above.
Old 12-24-2010, 04:23 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Oh... shyte...
Old 12-24-2010, 04:39 PM
Banned

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts
I get it now

The guy in my avi looks like he'll fit that roll perfectly
Old 12-25-2010, 12:55 AM
Your mom is in

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Kinda off topic, but my friend has one of those theme license plates. His is one from the Special Olympics. When he gets pulled over cops take it easy on him (no joke).

Yes, I agree with what you're thinking, "That is so wrong" He's definitely going to hell for that one.

Here just get this:

Last edited by thevikas87; 12-25-2010 at 01:00 AM.
Old 12-25-2010, 03:00 AM
Instructor

I was going 35 MPH in a 40 MPH zone. Thus, I wasn't acting like an idiot. I think you guys are misunderstanding the situation. The people who called me in where informing the authorities that a car (me) ran off the road. I admit what happened. The authorities handled the situation totally wrong and the people should have just minded their own business.

I was in the outside lane of the curve and hit the slick spot halfway through. Hopefully this makes a little more sense...

It's just a name they gave the plates. They made the plates with lighter, thinner aluminum with a bar code that can be scanned.

i thought Ontario's population would be bigger for some reason (maybe because of all the land area lol)

and make sure we have decent tires on our car's (and iirc bald tire's are illegal first of all; and makes the vehicle unsafe, which i know here would be more then likely a "equipment violation" or something along those lines, and you would still get points against your license (btw to OP, even illegal tint tickets [cause you can't see, makes it unsafe] can put 2 points on your license here)

My brother's tires weren't completely bald; they had some tread on them. I hit a sign that seemed like nothing happened to it. How many people would stop, hold-up traffic, and call the authorities to inform them that you hit a speed sign that shows no damage?? When you hear hit and run, you think of hitting cars and/or people and causing a lot of damage. Not a speed sign that looks like nothing happened.
Old 12-25-2010, 08:39 AM
B A N N E D

I was going 35 MPH in a 40 MPH zone. Thus, I wasn't acting like an idiot. I think you guys are misunderstanding the situation. The people who called me in where informing the authorities that a car (me) ran off the road. I admit what happened. The authorities handled the situation totally wrong and the people should have just minded their own business.

I was in the outside lane of the curve and hit the slick spot halfway through. Hopefully this makes a little more sense...

It's just a name they gave the plates. They made the plates with lighter, thinner aluminum with a bar code that can be scanned.

My brother's tires weren't completely bald; they had some tread on them. I hit a sign that seemed like nothing happened to it. How many people would stop, hold-up traffic, and call the authorities to inform them that you hit a speed sign that shows no damage?? When you hear hit and run, you think of hitting cars and/or people and causing a lot of damage. Not a speed sign that looks like nothing happened.
just saying, but that is still not digital, all it is is a barcode, which are just some specially placed black lines

maybe not completely bald (and where they at the wear marks?), but it still means you where driving too fast for the conditions
and maybe the bacon did over react some, but not much you can really do, other then file a complaint with the department and such
Old 12-25-2010, 12:33 PM
Instructor

just saying, but that is still not digital, all it is is a barcode, which are just some specially placed black lines

maybe not completely bald (and where they at the wear marks?), but it still means you where driving too fast for the conditions
and maybe the bacon did over react some, but not much you can really do, other then file a complaint with the department and such
I didn't say they were digital plates, I said they were called "digital license plates". Here's a link to what I am talking about: http://tiny.cc/l4xwu

I disagree I was driving too fast for the conditions. I was driving 5 below the speed limit on a clear day. At any speed black ice can wreak havoc...
Old 12-25-2010, 01:00 PM
Banned

I disagree I was driving too fast for the conditions.
So your saying that even if you drove slower, you would have lost control anyway? That does not add up.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:20 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

lol it's pretty big population-wise too, it's just that NYers are packed in like sardines, haha

Give the OP the benefit of the doubt though, even though you're legally responsible for any vehicle you're driving, you're not gonna check everything on the car before you leave. I know I don't measure tire tread when I drive my friends' cars.

As far as the hit and run part, you're right, technically it is a hit & run, but what exactly do you do? If it were me, and the sign wasn't bent significantly, I'd probably drive off too.

I guess that makes more sense now, definetely more understandable. Everybody gets a string of bad luck, but I wouldn't be mad at the people who called you in. Had it been a different situation they could've saved your life.

Honestly, if I saw someone hit a sign and try to drive off, I'd think the worst (i.e. they were going way too fast, hit public property, trying to get away), and call the cops as well.
Old 12-25-2010, 01:32 PM

New plate.

ICRASH
Old 12-25-2010, 02:22 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jacobpockros
So your saying that even if you drove slower, you would have lost control anyway? That does not add up.
Yes, because the curb was right next to my lane. Even if I was going 20 MPH I would have still jumped the curb.
lol it's pretty big population-wise too, it's just that NYers are packed in like sardines, haha

Give the OP the benefit of the doubt though, even though you're legally responsible for any vehicle you're driving, you're not gonna check everything on the car before you leave. I know I don't measure tire tread when I drive my friends' cars.

As far as the hit and run part, you're right, technically it is a hit & run, but what exactly do you do? If it were me, and the sign wasn't bent significantly, I'd probably drive off too.

I guess that makes more sense now, definetely more understandable. Everybody gets a string of bad luck, but I wouldn't be mad at the people who called you in. Had it been a different situation they could've saved your life.

Honestly, if I saw someone hit a sign and try to drive off, I'd think the worst (i.e. they were going way too fast, hit public property, trying to get away), and call the cops as well.
I have never called the cops on anyone before. Just sayin'...
Originally Posted by civicdrivr
New plate.

ICRASH
At least it wasn't my vehicle
Old 12-25-2010, 03:25 PM
Banned

Yes, because the curb was right next to my lane. Even if I was going 20 MPH I would have still jumped the curb.
So what if you were going 1 mph? You can't control a car at that speed?
Old 12-25-2010, 03:41 PM

At least it wasn't my vehicle
That is true.

Id still just go with the standard plates.

If you get something like I11II1, the cop will most likely understand what youre trying to do and get pissed off.
Old 12-25-2010, 04:19 PM
Instructor

Originally Posted by Jacobpockros
So what if you were going 1 mph? You can't control a car at that speed?
Who the hell travels at 1 MPH?? That's a bigger accident waiting to happen!
That is true.

Id still just go with the standard plates.

If you get something like I11II1, the cop will most likely understand what youre trying to do and get pissed off.
Yeah, I think I am just going to keep the plates I have...
Old 12-25-2010, 06:36 PM
B A N N E D

just ask civicdrivr, he likes to be packed in (he is a Guido also)

New plate.

ICRASH
lol
Old 12-26-2010, 09:00 AM

just ask civicdrivr, he likes to be packed in (he is a Guido also)

I do not gel my hair. I do not say "heeeeyyy" or "oh!". I do not drive a Camaro.

Im not even Italian??
Old 12-26-2010, 11:58 AM
Your Friendly Canadian

I do not gel my hair. So it's just naturally blown up? I do not say "heeeeyyy" or "oh!"You don't say "hey" or "oh"?. I do not drive a Camaro.But you do have a Civic

Im not even Italian??These days, any European country will do
There you go. Pure guido
Old 12-26-2010, 12:00 PM

There you go. Pure guido
No way. I dont even fist bump! And Im pale! No tan for me.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:22 PM
Regional Coordinator (Texas)

Received 607 Likes on 308 Posts
wait. whats going on in here
Old 12-26-2010, 12:24 PM

Fries is hitting on me as usual but I prefer the opposite sex.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:31 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Old 12-26-2010, 12:39 PM

and he even did a 6 speed swap to impress u
Old 12-26-2010, 12:39 PM

Yea. But Im not that easy.
Old 12-26-2010, 12:42 PM

come on man. give him a chance. kid's been trying pretty damn hard. i usually get what i want when i try this hard
Old 12-26-2010, 03:30 PM
Banned

He even expressed his fantasy's with you in his avi.... come on give him a chance
Old 12-26-2010, 03:34 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

Hold on, do you have any proof that he' actually a he? Because if he's not, you're fuxored, and Odeboy will come in and beat your ass.
Old 12-26-2010, 06:39 PM

Oh man, I love this forum.
Old 12-26-2010, 11:25 PM

Oh man, I love this forum.
and i love ur avatar. hold on to this one.
Old 12-27-2010, 12:17 AM
Banned

Yeah, shes one hot jew
Old 12-27-2010, 12:34 AM

Who is that?
Old 12-27-2010, 09:19 AM