Guess what my dealership told me to do regarding the IMRC

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-2001, 08:20 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Guess what my dealership told me to do regarding the IMRC

"show us some dyno's, and we will look into it"

i dont even know of any places in toronto that does dynos, but thats beside the fact, that THIS IS BULLSHIT!

They laughed at me when i said it was 35hp loss...they said there is noway i would know that without a dyno..

I printed out 47 pages of info from this site, and i higlighted all the info i needed to prove to them, and how to fix, and how to test it.

They said it was not relevent cause it was u.s. CL v.s. Canadian CL...and that the cars are TWO DIFFERENT CARS. This is when i felt like i was being DICKED with B.S. cause i am young, so i started telling them i would be calling Acura Customer Care, and would be reporting them, blah blah blah...

I even gave them the phone number of the Acura Dealership that had the problem, but no, they refused to call, and they kept saying i am comparing Apples to Oranges

They also said my tranny is fine, and it is SUPPOSED to shudder, and act confused...

They also told me that my rear right speaker that wasnt working, stopped working cause of my system that i took out a month ago cause i needed trunk space, the speaker was working fine when i took out my system..but 2 weeks after, i went over a speed bump and ALL the speakers went out...and then, when i waited, they all worked except for the rear right one..

Oh yeah, also, "THERE IS NO PASSENGER RATTLE" i was just hearing the seatbelt hit the side of the car, and if the seatbelt annoys me, i should just fasten the passenger seatbelt when nobody is sitting there.

BASICALLY, in 48 hours that acura has had my car, they fixed 1 burnt foglight, which they are charging me $11 dollars for.

What should I do?
I love the car, but this dealerhsip deserves a beating...

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs

"I come for the Car Talk, but stay for the Ramblings"
Old 05-30-2001, 08:23 PM
Race Director

the same dealership told me that my cars brakes squeeking after 2 months of purchase, is NORMAL..and you cannot do anything about it, untill i made the service manager look like an idiot in front of all the customers..then they looked into it, the 3rd time i took it there, for the brakes, they fixed it..

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs

Banned

Call Acura of North America or something...better make sure your actuator aint working first though...

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers (hehehe...I got something for you drchang!!)
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
Yes, I know I'm going to hell for wasting gas on Civics....
6 speed...

great story!

Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
well i would have been out of that dealer real quick,why dont you go to another dealer? They sure dont know what going on. I say you should call acura care!!

------------------
2002 TL Type-S
Comptech Springs
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake, you are the all-singing all-dancing Crap of the world!

[This message has been edited by AcurA Crazy (edited 05-30-2001).]
Old 05-30-2001, 08:36 PM
Oh...Behave!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Sorry to hear that you are going thru the same SHIT that I had to!

Call Acura Customer Service and go thru the "drill"!
Request another dealer if possible, meet with the District service rep, show him the archived copies of my and others posts, then have them go thru the testing procedures after a visual inspection of non-operation!

Good Luck!

------------------
Red
Type S
So. Cal.
Dark Tint
18" Niche Bella 2-piece
Forged Aluminum Wheels
235/40/18 Sumo HTRZ II's
Jet Performance PCM Mod
Ram-Air CAI w/ K&N Filter
Removed Pre-muffler
Liquid Glass Finish
G-tech 0-60 in 6.1 secs
...Looks & feels faster!
Old 05-30-2001, 08:43 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hmmm... I keep wondering when we can have the "Dealer's Hall of Shame" section.

If you don't have a different dealer in your area, be prepared to drive to find one.

Acura Care doesn't seem to give a sh*t about their lousy dealers (my own experience with them on the phone -- I've mentioned some of the encounters on the forum, and they don't seem to care -- at all.)

You could try "escalating" your problem(s), by calling the Acura Care number and having an "official" complaint filed. Keep calling and ask for higher and higher people in the organization. You could probably get a district manager to come out. Be prepared to get your printer warmed-up and your verbal skills honed.

Note: Once you go down this slippery path, you better be sure you are right (I'm not saying your not entitled, it is just that your "encounter" will be carefully recorded. So, if it turns out that the IMRC is working and the dealer doesn't find anything wrong, you will be in the records as a "whiner").

Some points:

1. I don't know if your IMRC is working or not

2. I can't believe that your car doesn't have one -- that sounds like total BS.

3. You could do preliminary tests to keep from looking like a dick, if you push this issue and you think you have a bad one.

4. The speaker issue is pathetic -- they should fix this for you.

Comment:

Again and again -- when will dealers learn that they do more harm than good by treating the customer badly.

Good luck

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 10 coats of Zaino magic
Old 05-30-2001, 10:01 PM
Burning Brakes

Amir

All of the advice from above is good. I just wonder if it helps to show some of the posts from here. While the info might be very informative for showing the Acura people I would want edit out some of the more awful spellers. It doesn't help that some post might look like..."Help mi actuoater just died on my wey to skool and the fukin deeler wont fix it".

This is not to crit peoples spelling per say, just that I wouldn't expect a serious problem solving effort by the dealer based on some of those kinds of posts.

Good Luck and keep at them.

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
White\Black
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
17x7.5 BBS RX Rims
K&N Dropin AF
Navigation System
Burlwood Shifter
Guards+Fenderwell Trim
PIAA16969
Smokers Package
My Car
Old 05-30-2001, 10:14 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
Hmmm... I keep wondering when we can have the "Dealer's Hall of Shame" section.

Acura Care doesn't seem to give a sh*t about their lousy dealers (my own experience with them on the phone -- I've mentioned some of the encounters on the forum, and they don't seem to care -- at all.)

</font>
After the "support soopa thread" and all the dealer complaints, including my own, I'd say a Dealer Hall of Shame will just take up too much damn space on the needed servers. It seems that only about 5% of them are any good. And the fact that Acura Care doesn't really care is no surprise, it'd be hard to believe that Acura is any different from other big companies who don't give a shit about individual customers.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Al Uminum:
[B...edit out some of the more awful spellers. It doesn't help that some post might look like..."Help mi actuoater just died on my wey to skool and the fukin deeler wont fix it".

[/B]</font>
lol....that's very true, they'll argue it's just a bunch of little punks with nothing better to do than post BS.
Old 05-30-2001, 10:46 PM
Banned

Just hold on for a minute. If you show the guy a dyno what will happen? I work in IT and I do know for a fact that sometimes the end user (customer) is not always right. maybe find a dyno and humor the guy for just a bit. Just see what happens. Or wait for it to totally fail and then have them fix it under warranty. Above all, Don't be a jerk about it. That will piss off the tech and they definatly won't help. When a user yells at me I put him on the bottom of the queue. We even have a yellow flag we put on support tickets. Thje "Yell" flag. We get to them when I'm ready, in a good mood and if its sunny out. Trust me, you don't want to get yellow flagged.

------------------
Red 3.2 CL-S.
"Life is too short not to be Italian." -Paul Sorvino
"How do you expect your date to turn over if your engine doesn't?" -Original
Proud member of "I didn't hit the curb like a dope and scratch my rims" club.
Old 05-31-2001, 01:02 AM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scorpius:
Just hold on for a minute. If you show the guy a dyno what will happen? I work in IT and I do know for a fact that sometimes the end user (customer) is not always right. maybe find a dyno and humor the guy for just a bit. Just see what happens. Or wait for it to totally fail and then have them fix it under warranty. Above all, Don't be a jerk about it. That will piss off the tech and they definatly won't help. When a user yells at me I put him on the bottom of the queue. We even have a yellow flag we put on support tickets. Thje "Yell" flag. We get to them when I'm ready, in a good mood and if its sunny out. Trust me, you don't want to get yellow flagged.

</font>
Ha ha, I know exactly what you mean.
Old 05-31-2001, 01:09 AM
Race Director

</font>
LOL. Absolutely. Big Corporate American companies can't value all customers; and they shouldn't. Some of the customers are below zero customers and certainly deserve the "Yell" flag.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 05-31-2001, 01:59 AM
Race Director

</font>
so u think i should just shut up and drive a cl-p, with rattles, and 3 speakers working?

i was nice up to the part where they started talking to me like i dont know anything about cars...

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs

Old 05-31-2001, 04:31 AM
I am Jack's need 4 SPEED!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tankmonkey:
great story!

</font>
tank-nice one.

amir-go to another fucking dealer-those guys have wasted enuff of your time!!

------------------
you are not your fukking signature.
Old 05-31-2001, 05:31 AM
Community Architect
robb m.

Received 626 Likes on 277 Posts
amir: check out our thread...

------------------
Astroboy out...

2001 Acura CL Type S: Comptech: Headers, filter, sways, springs, koni shocks, Volk Racing SE37's in 18", goodridge braided brake lines, AEM CAI (blue), APEXi V-AFC, full kicker system, 13" Brembo's on the way with slotted discs for the rear
1996 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo: H&R Springs and sways, Bilstein shocks, ported and polished, crillo rods, new valvetrain
1995 VW Golf: 1999 VR6 Swap, H&R Coil Overs, neuspeed strut bars, neuspeed sway bars, 2.5" Stainless TT exhaust w/ Borla, 13" AP Racing big brakes