Guess how long it takes a tranny to burn up with no fluid in it!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2010 | 05:23 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by sayfulhaqq
FAIL, reading is fundamental.

Sorry to hear this man, I see your for sale thread, hopefully you get some money from this whole ordeal, Why not just get an older car and rack up mileage on that? No sense in getting a new car if you travel alot especially with the lease restriction mileage and whatnot.

Anyway, best of luck in whatever you do, Azine is rooting for ya
The thing about buying another older car again is I don't feel any car iunder 10k could ever come close to how much I love my cls. I mean yes I rack up the miles but that means I spend that much more time in a car than the average person so it'd be torture for me to drive like an old camry or something.

That's why the cls fit such a niche for me. Yes it was old yes it had the miles but with all my mods I felt it was an amazing bang for its buck.
Old 07-11-2010 | 05:36 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
Damnnnn what a nightmare, i feel your pain!

As for a new car (cuz i wouldn't dare fix that moneypit after this last incident), I've worked with both Ford and BMW. I'd pull the trigger on a 335 in a second if i could. JB3 tuner, bigger intercooler, oil cooler (all but the 1st generation 335's come with them), downpipe, and intake and your car is faster than an M6. And if something goes wrong, you unplug the tuner and its untraceable, and if u had the previous mods i mentioned done at a dealer its warrantied. I honestly never really understood the hype and the price tag of a BMW until i started working for them and driving them, they are awesome vehicles.

Ford on the other hand, good but not that great. Although my coworkers top of the line fusion sport is pretty badass, the pricetag doesn't justify the tradeoff for what you're getting.

Either way, good luck on whichever direction you go with, you deserve a positive experience!
Trust me the worst thing I ever did was start getting on the BMW sites and reading about the 335 like a year ago. The potential on those cars for 5k in mods is ridiculous. I felt the same way as you bout the 3 series for a long time. I just felt they were under powered even though the old 330 was about as fast as a cls for about 15 to 20k more though.

So I vowed that after the tl lease was up the 335 would be my next car with the cls still being my travel. But like I said in another post. I just can't bring myself to get the 335. It has a lot of small problems like the hpfp even though they extended that warranty and maybe fixed it was a software flash. But then there is the wastegate rattle and the investors. And twitching has a warranty but with travels I would eat through 50k miles in less than a year and a half...

Trust me you have no idea how hard it is to not just buy the 335 instead of going with the financially responsible car.

Once again thanks everyone for the input and support.
Old 07-11-2010 | 05:39 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Jacobpockros
Why don't you just make them fix it?
Ha Jacob please never become an attorney. I'd be afraid to see what your defense or prosecution case would actually sound like.
Old 07-11-2010 | 10:04 AM
Regional Coordinator (Texas)

I also like the new mustang, a huge improvement over everything from previous ones, but the interior can still use some improvements.

Look into getting a used 335. u can always come across good deals on those.

I would have bought your car since i have an extra auto tranny sitting around, but because of the high miles, it wont be profitable for me to flip it. Good luck with what ever u decide to do!
Old 07-11-2010 | 12:03 PM
Your Friendly Canadian

What about an Accord coupe?
Old 07-11-2010 | 12:07 PM

Originally Posted by pits200
Ha Jacob please never become an attorney. I'd be afraid to see what your defense or prosecution case would actually sound like.

"Your honor....My car has less mileage then everyone , sooo, you can just wrap this case, thanks, oh and guys stop talking bullsh**, thanks!"
Old 07-11-2010 | 12:16 PM

The thing about buying another older car again is I don't feel any car iunder 10k could ever come close to how much I love my cls. I mean yes I rack up the miles but that means I spend that much more time in a car than the average person so it'd be torture for me to drive like an old camry or something.

That's why the cls fit such a niche for me. Yes it was old yes it had the miles but with all my mods I felt it was an amazing bang for its buck.
I hear ya man. The CLS is the best bang for buck and has alot of great features, but also this car was cursed from the beginning. I wish I had known about the transmission problems before I jumped the gun and purchased the car.

I'm on my second transmission and it pasted it warranty that Acura gave which was the 3yr/36k, I drive alot of miles. I honestly have no clue what I'm going to do if the transmission dies, hoping it does not.

Aside from that the car has been worry free.

You don't have to get an old car, something still around the year range, I see your leasing the TL, how has that been treating you ? Maybe buy an older one ,05, 06?, I do love the TL type S, but still on the fence about the new 4g.

Well whatever it is you decide, I do def see that comfort is a high priority. Do many test drives and test out the seat comfort, and keep us updated on this matter.

Sorry to hear what your going through, I could not imagine, what I would do if I was you.

Best of luck
Old 07-11-2010 | 12:30 PM
Senior Moderator

Trust me the worst thing I ever did was start getting on the BMW sites and reading about the 335 like a year ago. The potential on those cars for 5k in mods is ridiculous. I felt the same way as you bout the 3 series for a long time. I just felt they were under powered even though the old 330 was about as fast as a cls for about 15 to 20k more though.

So I vowed that after the tl lease was up the 335 would be my next car with the cls still being my travel. But like I said in another post. I just can't bring myself to get the 335. It has a lot of small problems like the hpfp even though they extended that warranty and maybe fixed it was a software flash. But then there is the wastegate rattle and the investors. And twitching has a warranty but with travels I would eat through 50k miles in less than a year and a half...

Trust me you have no idea how hard it is to not just buy the 335 instead of going with the financially responsible car.

Once again thanks everyone for the input and support.
The hpfp, wastegate, and investors were all fixed in the new N55 edition 335's, that now also use a twin scroll vgt single turbo setup. So a lot of the stuff you mentioned is no longer an excuse to not buy one if u were buying new. If you're buying used, all you'd have to do is take it in to be checked under the recall/warranty for those items and they'll do it for free if its still under warranty. From what I've seen the fix for those items has eliminated them and lasted pretty well.
Old 07-11-2010 | 02:37 PM
Banned

"Your honor....My car has less mileage then everyone , sooo, you can just wrap this case, thanks, oh and guys stop talking bullsh**, thanks!"
I have never bragged specifically about having lower mileage than anyone else. Also, that comment i posted in ramblings was obviously a sarcastic one. Grow up.
Old 07-11-2010 | 03:32 PM
I Drive Like A Dick 8≈

sorry about your luck pitts, I almost didn't click on this thread because I was scared of what I might see.

Best of luck to you with whatever you end up getting
Old 07-11-2010 | 05:18 PM
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by DaInFaMMuS1
The hpfp, wastegate, and investors were all fixed in the new N55 edition 335's, that now also use a twin scroll vgt single turbo setup. So a lot of the stuff you mentioned is no longer an excuse to not buy one if u were buying new. If you're buying used, all you'd have to do is take it in to be checked under the recall/warranty for those items and they'll do it for free if its still under warranty. From what I've seen the fix for those items has eliminated them and lasted pretty well.
Dainfammus, you said you work on Bmw's but maybe they need to pull you out of the service bay and stick you on the showroom floor. Because you're making some pretty damn good points and making me lean more towards the 335 again, good job good sir.
Old 07-11-2010 | 05:20 PM
Three Wheelin'

I hear ya man. The CLS is the best bang for buck and has alot of great features, but also this car was cursed from the beginning. I wish I had known about the transmission problems before I jumped the gun and purchased the car.

I'm on my second transmission and it pasted it warranty that Acura gave which was the 3yr/36k, I drive alot of miles. I honestly have no clue what I'm going to do if the transmission dies, hoping it does not.

Aside from that the car has been worry free.
I think the trannys on here were having a good run of luck. But let me ask when yours went out, was it smoking like an overheating car??? Mine looked like it was on fire from all the smoke. I think that proves that mine didnt fail because of the typical tranny problems and was from the car being low 2-3 quarts of fluid after the dealership worked on it.
Old 07-11-2010 | 11:13 PM

I think the trannys on here were having a good run of luck. But let me ask when yours went out, was it smoking like an overheating car??? Mine looked like it was on fire from all the smoke. I think that proves that mine didnt fail because of the typical tranny problems and was from the car being low 2-3 quarts of fluid after the dealership worked on it.
Hmmm you bring up a good point. When my transmissions went out it was more of how the car was driving. It kept sticking, when I would try to accelerate, the RPMs would rise, then the car would jerk and move into gear. Also downshifting was very rough and everytime the car shifted to next gear it was very harsh. I remember opening up the hood it appeared everything was normal. The tranmission dip stick level was good. I had brought it into the dealer and they determined it needed a new transmission.

Of course them bastards just gave me a "remanufactured" one so that when it goes out I can just bend over at the dealership and let them have at it

You may have a great point to prove. But honestly if you took it to small claims it would be very hard to prove because the car would not have been driving properly if there was no fluid. Dealerships nowadays just don't know quality service anymore.

One of my friends would always get their oil change their. He was told that they slack sometimes, so he made a mark on his filter and got the oil change,and turns they never changed the oil filter. Just drain and refill, he broke hell over their.

So Pits, what are your options, what are you learning more towards?

Last edited by sayfulhaqq; 07-11-2010 at 11:16 PM.
Old 07-12-2010 | 06:24 AM
Three Wheelin'

At this point I don't know. I've contacted the attorney general and bbb. I also contacted the Pittsburgh post gazette and their consumer reporter in regard to this situation and we had a long convo and he is very interested in doing a story about this and he is going to contact Spitzer acura about this.

As for the car I'm just going to sell it or something and call it a day.

Also about proving the case. I keep bringing up the invoice and the fact that there was no transmission fluid charge on it. Couple that with the fact that this was the same mechanic on the same job who tore off the ac compressor connector. Then he forgot to recharge the system and then he forgot to bolt in the ac compressor hose.

The tech obviously just let something slip his mind and the dealership doesn't want to man up and admit fault. Instead their gm Rick Ford acted like he was the one being inconvenienced. I have already passed around so much negative press about this dealership its almost funny. They don't realize that I have media connections due to my job and I plan on using them all to make sure they all know how I was treated.
Old 07-12-2010 | 06:50 AM
Senior Moderator

Dainfammus, you said you work on Bmw's but maybe they need to pull you out of the service bay and stick you on the showroom floor. Because you're making some pretty damn good points and making me lean more towards the 335 again, good job good sir.
Lol just trying to make ur choices easier and keep u informed, cuz it sounds like what you really want. I'm just helping it along
Old 07-12-2010 | 07:57 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

my trans was F***** 40 miles from my house.

I drove it home on the highway.. AND i drove it another 50 km to get it rebuilt by my guy.

so it would barely shift and I got like 100kms out of her.

no smoking or harsh smell at all.

and my gears were DONE there was 1/3 of the metal left!!!!
Old 07-12-2010 | 07:59 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

P.S what retards worked on ur car! damn man.

if there were no people there'd virtually be NO problems
Old 07-12-2010 | 08:29 AM
Senior Moderator
Regional Coordinator
(Mid-Atlantic)

classic
Old 07-12-2010 | 08:33 AM
Senior Moderator

ever come close to how much I love my cls.
Need to get detached from your car. I don't love cars. I don't get attached. I buy & use what suits me. If that changes I change. I'll drive a kia if I had too.
Old 07-12-2010 | 02:05 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

yea not me... i would hate to drive almost any other car

right now my cars in the shop cause of an accident and it's been almost A MONTH and I'm dying here.

i'm driving an 07 accord 4banger auto with navi. I hate it.... hate it
Old 07-12-2010 | 02:07 PM
Suzuka Master

At this point I don't know. I've contacted the attorney general and bbb. I also contacted the Pittsburgh post gazette and their consumer reporter in regard to this situation and we had a long convo and he is very interested in doing a story about this and he is going to contact Spitzer acura about this.

Also about proving the case. I keep bringing up the invoice and the fact that there was no transmission fluid charge on it. Couple that with the fact that this was the same mechanic on the same job who tore off the ac compressor connector. Then he forgot to recharge the system and then he forgot to bolt in the ac compressor hose.

The tech obviously just let something slip his mind and the dealership doesn't want to man up and admit fault. Instead their gm Rick Ford acted like he was the one being inconvenienced. I have already passed around so much negative press about this dealership its almost funny. They don't realize that I have media connections due to my job and I plan on using them all to make sure they all know how I was treated.
this is good.

JUST DO IT !!

Old 07-12-2010 | 02:09 PM

Damn man , going after them. I personally wish you the best of luck with this. Maybe you can help me get a transmission rebuild from Acuracare, haha.

From what I'm hearing it seems like the dealer fuc*** up , but its a shame, they always get away with that crap, hopefully you get something out of this whole ordeal,

Originally Posted by 97BlackAckCL
classic
Why thank you, hahha

Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
my trans was F***** 40 miles from my house.

I drove it home on the highway.. AND i drove it another 50 km to get it rebuilt by my guy.

so it would barely shift and I got like 100kms out of her.

no smoking or harsh smell at all.

and my gears were DONE there was 1/3 of the metal left!!!!
About how much did it cost for this rebuild?

Originally Posted by fuzzy02CLS
Need to get detached from your car. I don't love cars. I don't get attached. I buy & use what suits me. If that changes I change. I'll drive a kia if I had too.
I apply the same to my women ,
Old 07-12-2010 | 02:16 PM
Suzuka Master

I apply the same to my women ,

yeah !
Old 07-12-2010 | 02:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

With the I internet age I just hope I can cause them as many frustrations as they have caused me. I've joined multiple consumer message boards for the Pittsburgh area and have shared my story. Even if I get nothing financially from this, it makes me feel better knowing I may have caused them a little headache and a little business.

I'm tryin to stick it to the man.

After all this we got a new car for the wife today. Before high mileage never scared me but now her g35 with 143k miles is traded in and gone
Old 07-12-2010 | 02:38 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

What did you pick up?

And good luck. Give the dealer hell.
Old 07-12-2010 | 03:44 PM
Three Wheelin'

She loved her old g so she just wanted to upgrade. We picked up an 07g35x with 40k miles on the odo. Now there is no way I can get the same car as her.

I'll tell you what its weird having a car with a warranty even if it is only for a short period of time.

Funny story. My dad called me about three months ago to tell me that their camry was braking weird so he pulled off the brakes and noticed a frozen caliber. So he told me he went out and bought a new caliper and rotor and all new pads. In turn I start laughing at my 70 year old dad and tell him that his 1 year old 09 camry with 10k miles on it has something called a warranty on it. My family always had bout used and he always did the work on the car so he didn't even think twice when it came time to working on the car. To sum up. He took it to the dealership and all was completely covered. Gotta love old school thinking like my pops.

Last edited by pits200; 07-12-2010 at 03:48 PM.