GT3...German Rice?

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2003, 03:17 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hell no it ain't rice

Dude, that car is capable of 190MPH, it angles slighty the faster it goes. I have seen bigger. Rice? Ir's actually functional.

Rice is wings on these cars that are NOT sporty, will never be sporty or cannot top 100mph without getting blue balls. Hell, spoilers, IMO are the equivilent to TAILFINS of the 50s and 60s.

WTF does a Camry, Accord, Corolla, Altima, Civic, Impala, Intrigue, Kia, hell, 90% of cars made have a wing for? Looks.

The Porsche is there for a reason.

BTW, I am not huge on how this wing looks though, I prefer the GT-2 tail.
Old 05-05-2003, 07:37 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Originally posted by zeroday
No decoration on a porsche? OK lets take an inventory of some of the 'performance enhancements' they offer on these things:
Leather interior, carbon fiber door sills, carbon fiber center console, Aluminum 'LOOK' package, 17 different available colors, painted brake calipers complete with porsche logo...I could go on and on. Don't kid yourself, porsche spends quite a bit of time designing their cars to be asthetically pleasing...which is why I was dissapointed by the salad bar they stuck oin the gt3.
What I wrote was partially meant for humor. I agree they do drop alot on customization, in fact, they have the most options and custom shit they offer their customers then any other car company. As for the wing, well I'd like you to go talk to a porsche engineer before you just call it a 'wing' and call it a 'salad bar'. That wing, I bet, is used to keep that car on the ground and not in the air when you hit some sick speeds. Prove to me that it's worthless and not a necessary design element. Do you remember the old whale tails the porsche used to have?
Old 05-05-2003, 09:18 AM
Drifting

Perfect the way it is!
Old 05-05-2003, 09:22 AM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally posted by eclipse23
What I wrote was partially meant for humor. I agree they do drop alot on customization, in fact, they have the most options and custom shit they offer their customers then any other car company. As for the wing, well I'd like you to go talk to a porsche engineer before you just call it a 'wing' and call it a 'salad bar'. That wing, I bet, is used to keep that car on the ground and not in the air when you hit some sick speeds. Prove to me that it's worthless and not a necessary design element. Do you remember the old whale tails the porsche used to have?
never said I didn't think it was functional...
Originally posted by zeroday
Although it is apparently functional, the GT3 is going to have a DUAL salad bar spoiler.
I like the whale tails on the early 911's. The were unique and complimented the car. The thing is, I haven't heard any stories about gt2's asses suddenly coming off the ground at speed...that car had a nicer spoiler and they could have kept it...this looks like something some kid could make in wood shop. No flair, no uniqueness. Maybe rice was the wrong word. I just don't like it. They should have kept the gt2 spoiler.
Old 05-05-2003, 09:36 AM
Unregistered Member

Received 45 Likes on 32 Posts
The GT3 wing looks like ass and totally wrecks that beautiful Porsche.

A simple whale tail would have sufficed, no?

And eclipse--

Do you really think a 350Z is a "ricey" car? Maybe the NISMO version.....but definitely not a stock model.

And I'm not just sayin' that because I'm gettin' one
Old 05-05-2003, 12:28 PM

A lot of your sentiments here

Are reflected in Jeremy Clarkson's editorial on Porsche. He hates the fact Porsche sells the 911 as:

Carrera 2
Carrera convertible
Carrera 4
Carrera 4WS
Turbo
Turbo auto
GT-2
GT-3

They add things, mix and match things, subtract things, charge you more, charge you, well more (never less).

I think part of them using a different spoiler is to differenciate the models. Though they stress it's functional. Ruf Porches make their own spoiler as well. As do Gembella, Roock for example.

Nuts. You never hear of Porsches coming off the ground cause they are a lot easier to drive now. And being it's easier to drive,the Wal-Mart bunch are buying Porsches now.

BTW, how the hell is a 350Z ricey? Now, in a couple of years when prices go down and that prick in a Civic can get one and rice it out, yes. But not now.
Old 05-05-2003, 12:45 PM
Race Director

Received 15 Likes on 4 Posts
Re: A lot of your sentiments here

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
They add things, mix and match things, subtract things, charge you more, charge you, well more (never less).

I noticed this too...they actually charge you 475 bucks to debadge your carrera. Crazy considering all it takes it some dental floss and some wd-40.