non-nav/wheel locks
splash guards/PIAA 19169 road lamps
Xephyr Performance CAI
V1 Piggy Squealer
Red Painted Calipers
Shine by Meguiars #7 and Gold Class
Old 06-07-2001 | 02:53 PM
Banned

tell the government to screw themselves...
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Ahoooo:
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...6-07-xenon.htm

</font>

------------------
2001 Cl-S Black on Black with Navigation
Black Tint all around (15%~45%)
Weapon-R Dragon Filter
Weapon-R Coil-Overs
Koni Adjustable Struts
Comptech Sway Bars
Comptech Headers (hehehe...I got something for you drchang!!)
14.698 @95.977mph....Sears Point Raceway.I think I need a Level 10 Torque Converter!!
Yes, I know I'm going to hell for wasting gas on Civics....
My Peoples
Old 06-07-2001 | 02:53 PM
Instructor

HID's are in my top three features list
along with luxury and performance. I love them!!!

------------------
2001 CL Type S
San Marino Red/Parchment
non-nav/wheel locks
splash guards/PIAA 19169 road lamps
Xephyr Performance CAI
V1 Piggy Squealer
Red Painted Calipers
Shine by Meguiars #7 and Gold Class
Old 06-07-2001 | 02:57 PM
Drifting

Ive never been bothered by the light that HIS give out. Then again..I'm always getting flashed by other people =)

Spiro

------------------
Black/Black 2001 CL-S
Random Technology Cat
RED AEM CAI
Polarg M6 Roadlamps
Old 06-07-2001 | 03:09 PM
Suzuka Master

People should stop whinning and get the auto dimming rear view mirror and for the front, just live w/ it. The people that complain are people that havn't seen the power of HID's and how much brighter and safter it is for the driver.

did u see that mustang that had the 'blue hologen' lights haha.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter.Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers,Springs,Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.Polarg m6

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 06-07-2001 | 03:10 PM
Suzuka Master

or like porches and the is300, have self leveling hid's for hills and bumps. I think the ones that make u go blind the most are the projecter style ones , even tho they look the best IMO.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter.Polarg m-6.

Old 06-07-2001 | 03:11 PM
nItIn

I think all that will happen with the legal HID's (like ours) is that they will be tilted down a couple degrees more or something like that.

------------------
2001 CL-P - Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Burlwood trim, Wheel Locks, Spoiler, Trunk Net, Polarg M6 Road Lamps, Polarg M4 Door Lamps, Polarg M4 Map Lights, Polarg M12 Turn, Polarg M13 Reverse Lamps, Polarg M16 Dome Light. Burlwood '02 TL-S Steering, Burlwood Vent Trims, Burlwood Shifter, 35% all around Madico Tint

My Albums
Old 06-07-2001 | 03:20 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Hey at least this report will generate curiosity from ppl who read it, The dude in the article was buying a new CL... haha Acura has to boost sales somehow. And to those asses who say HID's are too bright. Go back to your drivers manual and read the part that says "LOOK THE OTHER WAY, DO NOT STARE INTO THE LIGHT".
Old 06-07-2001 | 03:36 PM
'Cooter

did u know that the S4 has a step beam HID where on one light it shines full-blast, and the other light shines lower so that other drivers won't b inconvenienced. and as u look at it from the driver's seat, it looks like a step.

------------------
Copyright 2001 ScooterKin Enterprises:

'01 CL Type-S: Red on Black

- PIAA 19224 road lamps
- mudguards
- moonroof visor
- fenderwell trim
- spoiler
- wheel locks
- the OLD cup holder
- ...last, but not least, the Xephyr CAI
Old 06-07-2001 | 03:37 PM
Banned

I wonder how many people complaining about HIDs aren't even seeing the real think but instead some poorly adjusted riceboy blue blubs.

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CL Type S
Spoiler, Navi, Cupholder 2.0, 35% tint all around
Charter member of the Scratched Rim Club
Old 06-07-2001 | 03:40 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Read at the end of that article, they point out how ppl complained how Halogens were too bright at first... The HID issue will pass.
Old 06-07-2001 | 03:42 PM
'Cooter

i love the new Beemer's lights...they remind me of the moon making a corona during a solar eclipse. u got that ring of xenon

------------------
Copyright 2001 ScooterKin Enterprises:

'01 CL Type-S: Red on Black

- PIAA 19224 road lamps
- mudguards
- moonroof visor
- fenderwell trim
- spoiler
- wheel locks
- the OLD cup holder
- ...last, but not least, the Xephyr CAI
Old 06-07-2001 | 03:56 PM
on bin laden

or the 7 lamps on the Q45.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scooter:
i love the new Beemer's lights...they remind me of the moon making a corona during a solar eclipse. u got that ring of xenon

</font>

------------------
Black 2001 Type S
*Eibach Pro-Kit (Waiting to be installed)
*Xephyr Cold Air Intake
*PIAA 19224, 19169
*Rockford 500a2 [FOR SALE]
*Pioneer 12" @ 400w (x2) [FOR SALE]
*77237-SOK-A02
---Still 2 rims not scratched---
Old 06-07-2001 | 05:35 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Yeah, the Q45 will put the Government over the edge ! Fooken Bastards !

------------------
"We're spoiled rotten"
Waiting for 6 speed manual CLS !
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, Comptech Sway Bars,Kyocera Smartphone/Palm powered otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 06-07-2001 | 05:51 PM
Three Wheelin'

Maybe the Gov will force us to lower out cars instead.... Write the springs off on my taxes

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X7.5 GT1 Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 06-07-2001 | 05:51 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Yeah, the Q45 will put the Government over the edge ! Fooken Bastards !

------------------
"We're spoiled rotten"
Waiting for 6 speed manual CLS !
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, Comptech Sway Bars,Kyocera Smartphone/Palm powered otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 06-07-2001 | 06:12 PM
Suzuka Master

That article seems to be biast towards women... They seem to be the only one's who dislike Xenon. Maybe they are upset because their 35K SUV doesn't offer them as an option. Then again, they are sitting a foot or two higher then our CL's and the light shouldn't bother them anyways. If anything, I think we should be complaining because their lights are mounted higher than ours...

What about all the lifted Chevy, Dodge, and Ford (the worst) trucks on the road? Jeeps are just as bad with their 10 inch lifts.

People need to just deal with it... I have to agree that the biggest problem I see is the Fake Hyperwhites that everyone is putting on their riced out cars. Those are the only bothersome lights to me.

-Ash
Old 06-07-2001 | 10:09 PM
Intermediate

HID's are nothing compared to the trucks that have the flat, chromed rear bumper. Ever ride behind one of those nasty pickups? Shines your headlights back at you bright as the sun. This is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. Makes me want to turn on my high beams to shine above them. They are seriously a road hazard. Does nobody else notice this?!?! I'm gonna start carrying a can of black spray paint in my car...

------------------
Silver w/ everything but wind deflector and navi. Aftermarket wood trim package, polarg M6, PIAA 19170 on doors, Zaino shine.
Waiting on headers, CAI, sways and new tires (which ones??)
Old 06-07-2001 | 11:32 PM
Racer

i think that if they blind people it could put us at risk...but then again high beams blind people so why buy HID'S. They should mandate windows to lower glare or sumin.
Old 06-07-2001 | 11:34 PM
Suzuka Master

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wireless:
HID's are nothing compared to the trucks that have the flat, chromed rear bumper. Ever ride behind one of those nasty pickups? Shines your headlights back at you bright as the sun. This is a MAJOR pet peeve of mine. Makes me want to turn on my high beams to shine above them. They are seriously a road hazard. Does nobody else notice this?!?! I'm gonna start carrying a can of black spray paint in my car...

</font>
My Hid, blinds me cause of this numberous times. hehe. Double standard.

But i have a step hid system too. When I got my springs on and had my lights adjusted they lowered the driver's side a little so at night the passenger side is slighty higher.

------------------
CL-S

Old 06-07-2001 | 11:39 PM
The Creator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scooter:
did u know that the S4 has a step beam HID where on one light it shines full-blast, and the other light shines lower so that other drivers won't b inconvenienced. and as u look at it from the driver's seat, it looks like a step.
</font>
Yea, the Infiniti I30 has that too and it looks like SHIT from inside the car if you ask me.

In fact... many HID and NON-HID equipped cars have this feature... and it just looks like crap. Screw other drivers!!!
Old 06-07-2001 | 11:55 PM
Instructor

I think I read once that the whole purpose of the HID system and the light being in the 'higher blue' spectrum was to illuminate reflective markings better. Be it on another emergency vehicle or road markings...

------------------
'01 silver/black
NAVI
eibach springs
35% tint all around
some lighting upgrades!
Powerstop x-drilled rotors/ red calipers

more to come slowly
Old 06-08-2001 | 05:55 AM
- daemonichris -

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by moomaster_99:
tell the government to screw themselves...

</font>
exactly what i was going to say

------------------
Acura 3.2CL Type-S w/ Navigation
Black/Ebony

H&R Sport Springs | Pirelli P7000 Supersport 235/40ZR17 on stock rims | Neuspeed Tower Strut Bar | Custom CAI | Cleared Headlights, PIAA 19169 | Tint all around | Mesh Grill | Dual 12'' Alpine Type-S Subs | Kenwood KAC-728S Amp
Old 06-08-2001 | 10:05 AM
Banned

Watch HIDs get banned... Leave it to the government to screw up something good. They screwed up the internet with that CDA, what next? Will they actually tell us what age to drink?

------------------
Red 3.2 CL-S.
"Life is too short not to be Italian." -Paul Sorvino
"How do you expect your date to turn over if your engine doesn't?" -Original
Proud member of "I didn't hit the curb like a dope and scratch my rims" club.
Old 06-08-2001 | 10:37 AM
Suzuka Master

actually, if they wanted to help domestic makes and screw imports, they'd do that considering very few domestic makes have hids

i only remember 2 having them, the lincoln mark 8 or something and the previous gmc envoy, but the new envoy doesn't have it, and the mark 8 doesn't exist anymore.

and what company does gm or ford own that have hids? not volvo, mazda, saab, etc. maybe the jag x-type, but is that even out yet? if not, they could fix it real quickly and inexpensively (no recall). same with the new viper.

maybe dcx would get hurt, but they don't care about it anymore 'cuz it's more german than not.

[This message has been edited by mrdeeno (edited 06-08-2001).]
Old 06-08-2001 | 12:12 PM
Pro

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mrdeeno:
actually, if they wanted to help domestic makes and screw imports, they'd do that considering very few domestic makes have hids

i only remember 2 having them, the lincoln mark 8 or something and the previous gmc envoy, but the new envoy doesn't have it, and the mark 8 doesn't exist anymore.

and what company does gm or ford own that have hids? not volvo, mazda, saab, etc. maybe the jag x-type, but is that even out yet? if not, they could fix it real quickly and inexpensively (no recall). same with the new viper.

maybe dcx would get hurt, but they don't care about it anymore 'cuz it's more german than not.
</font>
not bad conspriacy thoery. i dont doubt that the HID's blind people just as much as any regular light does. these people must have obviously been looking str-8 @ the fucking light!! asshole....look away from freaking the light.

the thing with the chrome bumbers is a texas thing. everyone there has a truck....w/ a gun rack!!

------------------
Coming soon: 97-99 Eclipse GST/GSX turbo, conv, leather
Current ride: 91 Dodge Colt.... no p/w, no p/l, no AC..POS
Previous ride: 2001 CL-S, Black, dropped 2 inches, stock
Old 06-08-2001 | 01:46 PM
Meat Popsicle

I saw another article on this and they specificly mentioned that some new SUV's have these lamps, and along with the height they tend to blind drivers in front of them.
( no side view mirrors are auto dimming as far as I know )

I love the lamps.

Here in the snow belt, during winter, cars get washed less. Even with halogens, when you was your car or clean off your lights, some dumbass will flash you as if your high beams are on. They are reacting to the relative brightness of the lamps against all of the filthy grime covered cars.
When halogens first came out, I used to get flashed all of the time. So some people are slow to figure things out.

I would testify that the XID lamps are less blinding, whenever I see some coming the other way, I watch as they pass to check out the car. I find that they strain less, and don't make a lasting spot like halogens do.

My tip, when someone flashes you XID's, flash back and teach them that they are here to stay.

Don't blame the government, blame the whinners who are complaining, and the press that hypes up anything, especially if the can use a phrase like "on high end import cars". They love hot buttons. The government is just looking into a safety issue. That's what we pay them for.

------------------
lilfeat
01 CLS Red No Spoiler, No
Nav, No Payments
Old 06-08-2001 | 01:54 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by lilfeat:
Don't blame the government, blame the whinners who are complaining, and the press that hypes up anything, especially if the can use a phrase like "on high end import cars". They love hot buttons. The government is just looking into a safety issue. That's what we pay them for.

</font>
Exactly, blame the idiots with nothing better to do than complain about anything other than the status quo. They should take that time to actually learn about HIDs features. Unfortunatlety, most people resist change and open their mouths before thinking, the media just exploits this.
Old 06-08-2001 | 03:49 PM
Suzuka Master

Get some solaris or other high wattage , super white high beams and High beam there ass like I do.

------------------
CL-S

Old 06-08-2001 | 10:05 PM
Banned

How about if I blame both? The morons who have nothing better to do than complain about cars they can't afford, and the govermnent for listening to them. I wonder how long it will take for them to say something like... only domestics can have these lights... Forcing people to but domestic. I'm not having my lights retrofitted with some corny re-aiming device that moves. One more thing that can go wrong.

------------------
Red 3.2 CL-S.
"Life is too short not to be Italian." -Paul Sorvino
"How do you expect your date to turn over if your engine doesn't?" -Original
Proud member of "I didn't hit the curb like a dope and scratch my rims" club.
Old 06-09-2001 | 06:16 AM
*Hella* isn't a word.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Scorpius:
How about if I blame both? The morons who have nothing better to do than complain about cars they can't afford, and the govermnent for listening to them. I wonder how long it will take for them to say something like... only domestics can have these lights... Forcing people to but domestic. I'm not having my lights retrofitted with some corny re-aiming device that moves. One more thing that can go wrong.

</font>

Tell the morons to stop looking directly into the HID's of the oncoming car and tell them to *flip the switch* on the rear view mirror. If the side view bothers you it's cause your dumb ass has them pointed so u see the side of your car and u can see directly behind the rear bumper.. PPL! That's what the interior rear mirror is for! The side view is so you can see the other lanes! Point them accordinly and u don't get blinded by bright lights!
Old 06-12-2001 | 08:31 AM
Advanced

I've never had trouble with true HID (manufacture installed)headlights blinding me on dark two lane roads. In fact, I thought that true HID's reduced the amount of glare in comparison to regular headlights. This just proves that people will complain about any damn' thing. When SUV's starting becoming popular people complained about the height of those lights in relation to drivers in lower cars. I say look to the side of the road like you were taught in drivers training and get over it.

------------------
San Marino Red/Parachment Type-S w/navi and spoiler
No mods yet...
Old 06-12-2001 | 12:38 PM
Advanced

what about the SUV's with their lights up so high they blind ALL of my mirrors??!?

------------------
1997 Acura CL 3.0 Premium - 30k
1993 Honda Accord LX - 114k
1992 Volvo 240 - 175k