Got stopped in Delaware...

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2004, 12:19 PM
Capo di Tutti Capi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got stopped in Delaware...

last Friday night while proceeding northbound on I-495.

I was in the middle lane doing about 70 (limit 65) when a tailgater gets on my butt. I move over to the right lane and the tailgater puts on police lights... yup, it was a county mountie.

My CLS is black w/tint and University of Miami decaled. Obviously, I must me a reprobate. Anyway, I lower my window and turn on the dome light and have my left arm out. Naturally he taps on the passenger window and scares the beejesus out of my wife. She lowers the window.

He then asks the opening stupid question: do you know why you were stopped? Of course I don't know as folks were ripping past me on the left when I first noticed the cop. He followed up with the from-to question. He then said that I changed lanes without signaling. It was all I could do to keep from guffawing. He asked to see the papers.

His partner returned them a few minutes later with no citation but commented that I should signal before changing lanes and that I made several previous lane changes without doing so. I replied that I usually use signals but when I noticed the tailgater on my butt (him) I just wanted to get out of his way. He stated that I may have been going a tad above the speed limit and to wear my seatbelt (always do).

Folks, this section of I-495 is practically a speedway. Folks rip through here routinely in the 90s. They were doing so when he stopped me.

Bottom line: I feel sorry for you young guys driving the CLS. Not only do you get stopped more often, but you don't have the gray hair to ward off a ticket. I guess we should all be driving anonymus Buicks.
Old 04-12-2004, 12:25 PM
Team Owner

I travel that section of 495 often on my way down to The MD shore and you’re right, it IS a speedway.

I think I set a new land-speed record on the PA turnpike Saturday afternoon going from Valley Forge to Allentown.
I hope they haven’t started giving out tickets based on EZ-PASS readings.

Shawn S
Old 04-12-2004, 12:28 PM
Coming to a city near you

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts
Re: Got stopped in Delaware...

Originally posted by Klamalama

Folks, this section of I-495 is practically a speedway. Folks rip through here routinely in the 90s. They were doing so when he stopped me.
That is correct. Now stay the hell out my way. My normal speed is 80-90mph, damn slow bastards like you make my drive home a pain in the ass.
Old 04-12-2004, 01:26 PM
Capo di Tutti Capi

Re: Re: Got stopped in Delaware...

Originally posted by Achance
That is correct. Now stay the hell out my way. My normal speed is 80-90mph, damn slow bastards like you make my drive home a pain in the ass.
What a punk ass. I've been doing triples on that highway since my then new LeBaron GTS Turbo. You probably didn't even have a driver's license then.

There's nothing wrong with driving whatever speed you like as long as traffic volume allows it. If, however, you want to force the issue and try to do 90 in heavy traffic, just remember that it's hard to outrun a radio or a cel-phone.
Old 04-12-2004, 02:02 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Just wanted to stop you and check you out. They always find some lame ass excuse.

At least they did not go down this road...

Is there anything in the car that should not be there? Do you mind if we search?....
Old 04-12-2004, 03:55 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Maybe they thought you were the CL that caused someone to have an accident in DE on Friday?

I am going bald, need to gray up the hair soon.

Edit: I forgot I got pulled over a year ago in Jersey, the officer asked me where I was coming from, I said Dunkin Donuts. Meanwhile, I grab my Wendy's cup and start drinking out of it.
Old 04-12-2004, 04:27 PM
Homeless

I think it is the normal 'graduation season' for the county police. If they had a partner in the car, they must've been training...cause that's a rarity at best.

Just about every last bit of 495 is vacant cop-wise...& the speeds are crazy, I will agree.
Old 04-12-2004, 05:24 PM
Burning Brakes

Re: Got stopped in Delaware...

Originally posted by Klamalama
Obviously, I must me a reprobate.
good to hear no tickets were issued. Even better, I learned a new word from your post: "reprobate"