got rear ended...crap

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-2007, 09:53 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got rear ended...crap

whats up guys? i was stopped at a light on friday afternoon and looked in my rearview and saw a big chevy van comin at me w/ no signs of slowin down...i had nowhere to go, so i tried moving up as much as i could w/out hitting the car infront of me and then got ready for impact....sure as shit, the little 18 year old assclown locked em up a little late and hit me square in the rear bumper....i was livid...anyway, got my estimate from acura and it's somewhere around 1100 bones...new bumper cover, and the impact stuff behind it, paint, clips etc...the guy doin the estimate added on new exhaust pipes but said it didnt really need to be replaced, just gotta get the parts that raise the tips up into the cut outs...so that means i might have an extra few hundred bucks sittin around afterwards...just venting and lettin you know how my weekend started off so shitty
Old 08-20-2007, 09:56 AM
Banned

mods-not too sure why there's two threads, tried editing something and this happened...please close the other one, thanks
Old 08-20-2007, 10:44 AM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
Originally Posted by OrngeAc3.2
whats up guys? i was stopped at a light on friday afternoon and looked in my rearview and saw a big chevy van comin at me w/ no signs of slowin down...i had nowhere to go, so i tried moving up as much as i could w/out hitting the car infront of me and then got ready for impact....sure as shit, the little 18 year old assclown locked em up a little late and hit me square in the rear bumper....i was livid...anyway, got my estimate from acura and it's somewhere around 1100 bones...new bumper cover, and the impact stuff behind it, paint, clips etc...the guy doin the estimate added on new exhaust pipes but said it didnt really need to be replaced, just gotta get the parts that raise the tips up into the cut outs...so that means i might have an extra few hundred bucks sittin around afterwards...just venting and lettin you know how my weekend started off so shitty
Good that you're OK. Cars can always be replaced or repaired. And with that said....you got off easy. When I got rear-ended, it came up to almost $6000 to repair it all. But that included re-painting the entire car.
Old 08-20-2007, 12:23 PM
Banned

yeah, the re-painting the bumper is scaring me...not too sure how close they'll be able to get it to match the rest of the car...He said he's gonna be able to match the sundance gold just fine, but im still feelin un-easy about it...
Old 08-20-2007, 01:45 PM
Team Owner

Received 598 Likes on 416 Posts
yeah, the re-painting the bumper is scaring me...not too sure how close they'll be able to get it to match the rest of the car...He said he's gonna be able to match the sundance gold just fine, but im still feelin un-easy about it...
Not sure. It's hit or miss. My car had some quarter panel damage as well since it crumpled a bit. And I had a scratch on the hood and a dent on the bumper. The guy than did the work hooked me up with a great deal to paint the entire car. For about $500 more I had the entire car painted with 3 times as much clear coat as factory.
Old 08-20-2007, 02:09 PM
Banned

nice, im gonna see if i can work somethin out with the guy who's gonna be doin the work for me...how far is mountville from the philly area? maybe i can go to the same place you went to
Old 08-20-2007, 02:21 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
mods-not too sure why there's two threads, tried editing something and this happened...please close the other one, thanks
fixed.
Old 08-20-2007, 06:18 PM
Banned

sux man i know how you feel. my neighbor rear ended my cls while it was parked on the street just the other night. i wasnt feeling to great about it either. so now the list of stuff i need for my car goes on...
new hid ballast, imrc actuator, valve adjust, new sterring wheel controls, new dash clock, new trunk bar bracket, alignment, tires, and now a new taillight and body work on my rear bumper cover. sorry to bore everyone with my car problems, but like orngeac3.2 i'm venting of how my weekend sucked