got my NEW (2nd time) front rotors and.....

Search this Thread

Old 07-29-2009, 07:02 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
you all have NO idea how much i tried to make sure I didn't get into this situation.

CH46ESeaKnight
That's why I tried buying expensive rotors off ebay cause i thought it'd be a no brainer. But now I'm stuck here. 350 for rotors isn't cheap so I didn't go for these due to price. They were expensive and they looked different compared to all the other rotors I had seen so it seemed only right. As a matter of fact they are one of the most expensive sets on ebay. I just so happened to pick the wrong seller. Lucky me.

This is the first time i've got anything through ebay that's given me problems, and I'm doing my best to get answers.

BTW CH46ESeaKnight You remind me of the kid who got knocked out for not thinking before he spoke. Now he's got no teeth.

^^^You really think this was my intention? ^^^

W/E though.... I don't really care what your opinion of me is.

And for the info i got the plenums for 400CAD shipped and the rotors were the same fucking PRICE so I got my priorities right. But my luck is twisted
Old 07-29-2009, 07:30 PM
Whats up with RDX owners?

Received 8,238 Likes on 4,860 Posts
No offense man, and I am not trying to sound like a prick, but never but no name rotors off of ebay. Even the brand name ones could be alittle fishy. Its your brakes. You rely on them to stop our 2 ton boat. Dont skimp on them, or get suckered into the "its expensive so it's got to be good" thing.

Once again, Im not trying to start an arguement, just stating my opinion. Ive purchased plenty of things from eBay that have been cheap and work great. But when it comes to a vital component, I don't skimp.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by CL-S progression 01
you all have NO idea how much i tried to make sure I didn't get into this situation.

CH46ESeaKnight
That's why I tried buying expensive rotors off ebay cause i thought it'd be a no brainer. But now I'm stuck here. 350 for rotors isn't cheap so I didn't go for these due to price. They were expensive and they looked different compared to all the other rotors I had seen so it seemed only right. As a matter of fact they are one of the most expensive sets on ebay. I just so happened to pick the wrong seller. Lucky me.

This is the first time i've got anything through ebay that's given me problems, and I'm doing my best to get answers.

BTW CH46ESeaKnight You remind me of the kid who got knocked out for not thinking before he spoke. Now he's got no teeth.

^^^You really think this was my intention? ^^^

W/E though.... I don't really care what your opinion of me is.

And for the info i got the plenums for 400CAD shipped and the rotors were the same fucking PRICE so I got my priorities right. But my luck is twisted
Well its a good thing I know a good dentist! A.

Sorry to sound like a dick but what part did you not figure out the first 8 times?

Hope your rotors work out for ya. Cause that was alot of money!
Old 07-29-2009, 07:48 PM
wham bam thank you ma'am

Received 41 Likes on 36 Posts
could have gotten a bbk. lol. hope all problems are resolved.
Old 07-29-2009, 07:48 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

After this experience I can Completely agree with you, but before I bought some cheepo rotors off ebay and the guy was local in the gta and they worked great. (this was for my probe) and I did it another time through ebay off someone else (I forgot) and it worked.

To me at least this was too much of a no brainer why they wouldn't work. But this experience has been a nightmare, especially when it is really one of the easiest things to do on a car. Should be over and done with.
Old 07-30-2009, 11:54 AM
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wondering is the rotors on correctly? because if they're drilled theres a certain direction the go on if they're on reverse ie; left and right side they will vibrate becaus the rotor is spinning the wrong way. just an idea.
Old 07-30-2009, 03:41 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

yea they're on the right way. the curves are lower pointing forwards then get higher.

that'd be a joke if that was the reason.

BTW that shouldn't change anything cause if they are balanced and made properly, they should be identical no matter how they're put on.