Got My Cl-s!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2001, 07:27 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got My Cl-s!!

Picked it up today! This thing is nice. So far I tinted the windows, & put the Nuespeed strut bar on. That thing was easy. I didn't have to jack the car up or anything. It fit just fine. Tuesday I pick up the painted mudflaps, I'll put those on. Saturday I will get the spolier I have & put that on. I also will add my subwoofers. A few questions though:

Did you know on the 2002 there's no swicth to turn the fog lights on , or off. I swear the 2001 I test drove had an on/off switch.

Also some features of the alarm are a little troublesome to me. Can I program it? I read the manual, but haven't come accross anyting yet. I don't like the fact that if you disarm the alarm, but don't open any doors, it locks itself after 30 seconds. I also would like when I press the unlock button, it unlock both doors. & it would be great if I could have the alram beep when I armed it. Now it flashes the lights, & I have to press the lock button 2 times for it to chirp.

Is there a dash switch to turn on the overhead light? Or is the only way to flip the swicth on the roof panel.

One last thing, How does that cargo net go on? I see the 2 hooks in the trunk, but the net has like 4 loops on each end. Some instructions would be nice.

Thanks god for the Internet!!! Haggled my price, set my leaseing terms, arranged a pick up time, faxed all paper work. I was in & out of the dealer in 15 minutes!

I'll post a few pics on Monday. Tomorrow is Zaino detail day. All day.
Old 12-01-2001, 07:43 PM
STi

Congrats on your new CL-S make sure brake her in the right way... As you mention about the fog light, well we really had a road lamp and the only way you can turn this on is turning on the headlight; unless the one you test drove had a add-on fog lights with a separate switch.
Old 12-01-2001, 08:57 PM
Retired Post Whore

Congrats on your new CL! For the first 1000 miles, baby your car so it will break in.
Old 12-01-2001, 09:18 PM
Suzuka Master

Re: Got My Cl-s!!

First of all congrats,

Did you know on the 2002 there's no swicth to turn the fog lights on , or off. I swear the 2001 I test drove had an on/off switch.

The 01's do not have a switch either, only accords and 02 tl's have them.

Also some features of the alarm are a little troublesome to me. Can I program it?

no

I read the manual, but haven't come accross anyting yet. I don't like the fact that if you disarm the alarm, but don't open any doors, it locks itself after 30 seconds.

This is a security feature which works pretty good. Lets say you press unlock to enter your car, then you something comes up so instead of going to your car you do something else. Then the car will lock the doors so no one else can open your car.

I also would like when I press the unlock button, it unlock both doors.

press unlock once and it unlocks driver side, twice it unlocks passenger side. reason why this is like this is because, if someone is following you like in a parking lot and you just want to unlock your driverside door so you can only get in w/out the crook getting in your car as well. but if you want to unlock for someone just press it twice.

it would be great if I could have the alram beep when I armed it. Now it flashes the lights, & I have to press the lock button 2 times for it to chirp.
1st time is for 'silent' arm, for example when you don't want it to beep. and 2nd time is 'confirmation' beep letting you know. but for me I press lock like 5 times for confirmation

Is there a dash switch to turn on the overhead light? Or is the only way to flip the swicth on the roof panel.

no, only way is to flip on roof panel.

One last thing, How does that cargo net go on? I see the 2 hooks in the trunk, but the net has like 4 loops on each end. Some instructions would be nice.

2 ways, 1 way is to have it hook only at the end of the trunk and the other way is to kinda 'split' your trunk in 1/2 and divide the space w/ the cargo net.
Old 12-01-2001, 09:57 PM
Three Wheelin'

Congrats and good luck
Old 12-01-2001, 10:35 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
congrats and may your tranny live long and prosper