got my car keyed!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-2002, 09:58 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
got my car keyed!!!

FUGGIN BASTARDS!!!! Got home last nite from work to find that my car was keyed during the day sometime. BASTARDS!!! Don't think it went down to the metal, but nonetheless frustrating. BASTARDS!!!

The damage is from tail-light to tail-light. Looks as if someone just walked along the rear of my car.....BASTARDS!!!

What a violating experience. BASTARDS!!! I mean....yea...this stuff happens....you've gotta keep that mentality, but....still...BASTARDS!!!

I just went to a different park-n-ride, due to my move in residence, and I bet money that I have stolen someones' "parking spot". BASTARDS!!!

What to do?! Don't want to repaint hopefully. Hope for the best.

Old 02-14-2002, 10:03 AM
Certified Lurker

So let me just make sure, there BASTARDS!!! :P j/k That realy does suck, but theres realy nothing that you can do about it....hope everything turns out ok and you dont have to get it totaly repainted.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:05 AM
2002 CLs w/Navi

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
this is what worrys me about having a black car, people tend to screw with them a lot more then other colors like while, etc. I have my brand new black CLs coming in today from the dealer that I need to pick up after work. Hope it don't get keyed either, I kill the bitches if I see um.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:07 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
Sorry to hear about that.

Maybe the dealer has a touch-up person that can advise or help.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:10 AM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
I hate reading stories like this. We spend so much money on our cars and then one day some asshole just decides to ruin it for us. It hasn't happened to me yet but it did just happen to a cousin of mine. Someone put a bunch of scratches on her hood and she's been told that she'll be needing a new one if she wants to get it fixed. I hate people who screw with other people's property like that. The worst thing is that these guys are hardly ever caught.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:14 AM
Drifting

i feel your pain man. a couple of weeks ago the same shit happened to me. the gouge runs from the pass. rear taillamp all the way across the door and the trunk lid too. they wrote some shit on the trunklid. FUCKING BASTARDS!!!

the thing that pisses me off is having to drive around with vulgarites scribed on the top of the trunklid. i feel so embarassed when i have the car out in public. my car will never be the same to me again. :inserts teary-eyed smilie:

although i think that i was a mistaken target based upon what was scribed, it's not comforting. if i can't catch and personally punish the person(s) who did it, i can only hope that the get what they have coming to them. preferably a speeding 18-wheeler t-boning them on the driver side of their car or some sort of accident or run-in with someone where they have their fingers removed.

there is a special place in hell for these kinda cowardly pussies.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:19 AM
Banned

Well....I'm going to wash it on Friday nite and see what I can get out...don't want to use rubbing compound myself.....rather let...let me rephrase that....TRUST, someone else to do that for me. I don't want to make it any worse than it already is.

HAPPY GOD-DAMN VALENTINE'S DAY.

(my gf is in fear for her life....I'm not the most pleasant person right now) :angry:
Old 02-14-2002, 10:22 AM
Drifting

i'm not going to do anything more than trying to conceal it. the police took an incident report and the ins. comp. is gonna take care of it.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:24 AM
Banned

Originally posted by DRM600
i'm not going to do anything more than trying to conceal it. the police took an incident report and the ins. comp. is gonna take care of it.
You don't have any prior incidents' with insurance do you?!

Stuff like this just throws a wrench in any plans I had for the coming weeks (pending when I can get it fixed). If I have to get it re-painted.....have to rent a car...Yadi-Yada-Yada.....UGH....
Old 02-14-2002, 10:28 AM
STi

Sorry to hear that man... How deep is the scratch???
Old 02-14-2002, 10:30 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by mffdvr

You don't have any prior incidents' with insurance do you?!

Stuff like this just throws a wrench in any plans I had for the coming weeks (pending when I can get it fixed). If I have to get it re-painted.....have to rent a car...Yadi-Yada-Yada.....UGH....
nope, this is my first claim with the ins. comp. at least my deductable isn't gonna break the bank. luckily, when the car is getting fixed, i'll be out of the country for a while so i'll be in no rush to get it back. i hope the body shop takes their time and does it right since they won't have to rush my car. i see this as a good opportunity to get soem other work done to. i think i might get the front end painted to eliminiate the accumulated rock chips and i may shave the rear emblems.
Old 02-14-2002, 10:41 AM
Find beauty in dissonance

Originally posted by DRM600

nope, this is my first claim with the ins. comp. at least my deductable isn't gonna break the bank. luckily, when the car is getting fixed, i'll be out of the country for a while so i'll be in no rush to get it back. i hope the body shop takes their time and does it right since they won't have to rush my car. i see this as a good opportunity to get soem other work done to. i think i might get the front end painted to eliminiate the accumulated rock chips and i may shave the rear emblems.
I don't know what type of relationship you have with the body shop. But, when you drop your car off take note of the mileage. Make sure it is written on some type of paper work. Never trust anyone. Leaving your car while you are out of town might prove tempting. You don't want your car to be the shop's lunch-time cruiser.
Old 02-14-2002, 11:04 AM
Banned

Quick inquiry.....what'll happen with insurance?? I have no prior occurance(s) or issues with insurance. Will the majority??
Old 02-14-2002, 11:15 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by Bluto

I don't know what type of relationship you have with the body shop. But, when you drop your car off take note of the mileage. Make sure it is written on some type of paper work. Never trust anyone. Leaving your car while you are out of town might prove tempting. You don't want your car to be the shop's lunch-time cruiser.
thanks for the tip. i really don't trust anybody. i have a friend who has gotten work done there and lives and maybe will work nearby. i will entrust him to handle the transport and post-inspection and such.
Old 02-14-2002, 11:22 AM
Drifting

Quick inquiry.....what'll happen with insurance?? I have no prior occurance(s) or issues with insurance. Will the majority??
being that this is a simple case of vandalism, you'll probably will just have to pay your comprehensive deductable (i'm assuming you have full coverage because you have a nice car) and the ins. comp. will handle the rest. you premium will not likely be raised.
Old 02-14-2002, 11:25 AM
Any Lady Want One??? :-P

Sorry to hear that Brynn,
I know how you feel. If I caught anyone doing that to my baby. They would be either dead or severly beaten. It depends on how deep the scratch is too. Try puttin a couple coats of wax on it for now and see about the repainting cost. The wax will help prevent any rusting or chipping. Hope that helps.
Old 02-14-2002, 11:38 AM
Shift_3.5 Auto

Originally posted by Smitty02CLs
this is what worrys me about having a black car, people tend to screw with them a lot more then other colors like while, etc. I have my brand new black CLs coming in today from the dealer that I need to pick up after work. Hope it don't get keyed either, I kill the bitches if I see um.
YOU are in for some serious paint chipping, swirl having, ding noticing $hit buddy! I tried everything from a car bra, zaino and blackfire. Black just gets phucked up! I still luv my black color, but gadamnit acura your primer paint SUCKS!
Old 02-14-2002, 11:39 AM
Racer

OUCH

Sorry to hear that. Hope things turn out ok.
Old 02-14-2002, 11:57 AM
Banned

Thanks all. Just talked to an adjustor from insurance. I've got a $250 deductible and they'll pitch for anything over. Hey....I'll take that.

I've gotta meet up with this clown tonite to estimate....what the hell does he know????
Old 02-14-2002, 12:09 PM
Racer

It shouldnt affect your insurance. I had mine fixed from the keying my poor baby took last week. It will fall under the comprehensive section of your insurance policy. You will have to pay your comprehensive deductible and they will pay the rest. So, if you are going to claim it you might as well not skimp on the repairs. My deductible was $500 but the fix was $1950.

Also, I dont know what type of place your park and ride is, but you may want to check if there are any security cameras around that might have caught the act...

Also you will want to check when you do your taxes. I think you can take a deduction for vandalism....
Old 02-14-2002, 12:12 PM
Banned

Originally posted by hatemystocks

Also you will want to check when you do your taxes. I think you can take a deduction for vandalism....
I like the sound of that.....I'm going to get raped when it comes to taxes. But enough of me hijacking my own thread....
Old 02-14-2002, 12:12 PM
Racer

i would also take it somewhere and get an estimate of your own before the insurance guy comes to look at it. That way you can have some back up in case they try to low ball you...
Old 02-14-2002, 12:16 PM
Banned

i would also take it somewhere and get an estimate of your own before the insurance guy comes to look at it. That way you can have some back up in case they try to low ball you...
The 'estimate' he puts on it won' tbe set in stone will it?! I mean....if I go to the auto repair and he's gotta re-paint the entire truck...and the insurance fella' didn't think it was going to need a re-paint.....what then???
Old 02-14-2002, 12:17 PM
Racer

BASTARTDS

Yeah watch it they will definately try and do that...
Old 02-14-2002, 12:17 PM
Racer

BASTARDS

Yeah watch it they will definately try and do that...
Old 02-14-2002, 12:24 PM
Racer

The 'estimate' he puts on it won' tbe set in stone will it?! I mean....if I go to the auto repair and he's gotta re-paint the entire truck...and the insurance fella' didn't think it was going to need a re-paint.....what then???
Thats why you want to get one of your own (or two) first.

I have State farm, and they have a list of approved body shops that I could take it to and get it fixed with no questions asked. If I didnt want to use one of their approved places, I would have to have had an adjustor come out and give me an estimate, then take that estimate to the place I wanted and hopefully they would be cheaper...
Luckily, the place I wanted to use was on their list.

Take it a to the dealer and another well respected area body shop and get a couple opinions before the insurance guy gets there...
Old 02-14-2002, 12:29 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Thanks all. Just talked to an adjustor from insurance. I've got a $250 deductible and they'll pitch for anything over. Hey....I'll take that.

I've gotta meet up with this clown tonite to estimate....what the hell does he know????
Talk to the body shop. Sometimes you can get them to roll your deductible into their estimate. Wait, I mean slightly 'over-estimate' Then you don't have to pay a dime.

The adjuster wants to see the car so they don't get scamed.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:37 PM
Team Anthracite

Damn bro, sorry to hear that. I've had two previous cars keyed, so I know the feeling. Why the fuck can't people just respect others' property. I'm just waiting for some dumbass to put the first door ding or scratch in mine. Good luck w/ the repairs.

Gotta get out of them Park N Rides....
Old 02-14-2002, 12:41 PM
Banned

Originally posted by yutedog

Gotta get out of them Park N Rides....
There's an idea!!! Either tha or pay $370/month to park downtown!! I don't think so.
Old 02-14-2002, 12:45 PM
Racer

does that park n ride have security cameras?
Old 02-14-2002, 01:08 PM
Team Anthracite

There's an idea!!! Either tha or pay $370/month to park downtown!! I don't think so.
Holy shitballs. I'm glad my low paying job out here in suburbia at least affords me some good free parking. You could try DART maybe they'll pick you up right outside your place....
Old 02-14-2002, 01:23 PM
Banned

does that park n ride have security cameras?
Believe you me....I'll be checking EXTRA hard this afternoon when I get back to see if I can see any. BASTARDS...the more I talk about it, the more I want revenge
Old 02-14-2002, 01:23 PM
2002 NBA Champs!!!

anyone have a clue what it would cost to paint the whole car? or at least everything but the backend because that just got painted. doors and front end look like shit.
Old 02-14-2002, 06:34 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
People like that sould be KILLED.........UNTIL THEY DIE!!!!!!!!