Got hit but not sure who by...

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2002, 09:01 AM
That's hot...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Got hit but not sure who by...

A couple of days ago, someone hit my car on the driver side door and left two dents...worst thing is I have no idea who did it. I think it maybe this big old blue van that parks in my parking lot. I rarely see him there, but I saw him this morning as he was pulling out and I noticed how close he got to my car..and the two dents on the driver side door had white paint on them which is the color of the van's bumpers...I told the parling lot guy about it and he said he'd move the van to another spot...It pisses me off that there may be nothing else I can do ...

Is there anything else I can do...like hold the parking lot liable for it, because I doubt talking to the guys who own the van (plumbers who I doubt even speak english) will get me anywhere..or should I just grin and bear it and fix it myself (the dents are definitely bigger then quarters, but no paint came of yet)...

What do you guys think?...and if this has unfortunately happened to one of you guys tell me what you did...

Thanks alot for your help...
Old 07-12-2002, 09:22 AM
One Bad Mutha

Location: From the desert to the sea, to all of Southern California
I am in So Cal, home of the disrespectful driver and car owner, I have now 4 door dings to show for it. You cant do anything, space these days is at a premium, I usually try to get and end spot or empty spot next to a handicapped so I can pull it way over or double park it. Other than that you'll have to suck it up, I hate to be a dick, but if I come out, and see a door ding (I do check every time) does not matter if the car next to me did it or not, its gonna pay, hate to stereotype, but women and SUVs are the worst, they don't seem to care about the rides they drive, they swing that giant door wide open. One time I came out, got a fat ding from an Expedition, man, she payed greatly, I left a huge foot cave in on her door. Payback is a mutha, respect other peoples ride, even if they are just beaters. Or you are gonna pay, especially if you own an SUV or a Truck, I hate em.

Bottom line is, if you did'nt see it happen, you can do nothing, try the paintless dent removers, they do a decent job for about 70$ a ding. Or you can wait awhile until you collect a few of them, when you get into a fender bender with someone, you can work them into the insurance and have them pay for it when they fix the damage to your car (this is provided you get into a fender bender one day) Just make sure your deductible is nice and low.

I beat some b&*tch to a parking spot one day, when I came out, the whole left side of my CL-S was keyed, all the way down to the primer, rolled around for a while, collecting more dings, then lowered my deductible to 250, said the car was vandlized, body shop hooked everything up for 250, what a bargain, you gotta love insurance. But after only a month, I collected a door ding one day, you will never win, other people just dont care about others property.

Peace
Old 07-12-2002, 11:16 AM
A-CL Fanatic

People who drive beat up trucks too don't care. I was sitting in my car, and this guy just opened his door into mine, I said someting to him about it and he got mad at me!!!!! what a jerk worst off this guy was a lot bigger than me so I couldn't easily do anything about it. I hate being a small guy in a nice car. But i do love having my nice car.
Old 07-12-2002, 12:05 PM
Racer

If the dents are really bad you might want to call your insurance company and mention that someone struck your vehicle while parked and unattended.

Im not sure about your state but in Virginia all drivers are required by law to carry uninsured motorist insurance. This is an extra cost on top of your normal premium. The good thing about this is that if you are involved in an accident with someone that is uninsured you are covered by your own insurance and often times, the deductable you pay will be less than your normal collision insurance deductable. For instantance my collision deductable is $500 but the uninsured motorists deductable is only $200.

What does all of this mean for you? Well it just so happens that most insurance companies consider hit and run (which is what happend to your vehicle) covered under the uninsured motorist clause. So find out if you have uninsured motorist insurance, and if you do find out what your deductable is. If the deductable is less than what it would cost to fix the damage you are all set. You insurance company SHOULDN'T count this kind of claim against you either when they calculate your next premium.

Good Luck!
Old 07-12-2002, 12:19 PM
Find beauty in dissonance

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by chatapuggy1
I hate to be a dick, but if I come out, and see a door ding (I do check every time) does not matter if the car next to me did it or not, its gonna pay ...... One time I came out, got a fat ding from an Expedition, man, she payed greatly, I left a huge foot cave in on her door.
I hope you are more discriminating before kicking in someone's door.