Got car back from body shop today.

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-2001 | 09:37 PM
Cruisin'

Got car back from body shop today.

Guess what? Keyed marks are all gone. But I had a surprise! A nice f'ing ding on the drivers side door! WTF!?

So, I asked them about it they claim it was there, etc. I didn't have time to argue with them, I need ammunition to fuel the fire. I left, headed on the 10W and dialed up the local insurance rep. Asked her "Do you take additional photos of the car for any other problems such as dings, scratches, etc". She agreed and asked me why. I told her that there is an additional ding on my drivers side door and it wasn't there beforehand.

I asked her to then check with the claims agent who took the pictures to see if there was anything else worth noting about my car -- nada was the answer. She calls them up, asks them to check their records when they checked in with my car and there is nothing at all wrong with my ride!

Now they call me back (Caliber Collisions on La Cienga) and apologize. Good! They'll come out and fix it, for free (duh!) with some paintless dent removal people. If that doesn't make me happy, they will fix the ding and repaint the car!

Unfortunately, I can't deal with it until two weeks from now when I get back from Japan. Oh well. At least it'll be fixed and I'll be happy. Anyone know of a place that I can report them to?

I'm thinking they didn't really do it, but someone else picking up their car did. If that's the case, its still their fault for letting my propery getting damaged on their lot. I'd sincerely doubt they'd do it on purpose for additional cash from me, but I have no idea.

Anyone else dealt with them?

vash

[ 10-03-2001: Message edited by: vash ]