Good Houston Service Dept???

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2001, 12:13 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good Houston Service Dept???

All,

Decided to take my 01 CL-S in for a 1000 mile checkup and to try to silence a few rattles that have developed over the last few weeks.

Have to say that the experience reminded me a little too much of how your typical GM dealer treats a customer. The whining noise I've been hearing from 3rd gear to 4th gear *lately* is "normal." The increased engine noise/harshness I've been experiencing and the sporadic abrupt shifting in auto mode are "normal." Rattles are "normal" with "this much plastic on such a large dashboard." After all, the Type S has "less sound deadening material." The booming sound from the open sunroof is "normal."

Leaving the issues above aside, I ended up waiting about 2.5 hours for a tech to apply a thin layer of foam tape around the edges of my passenger side airbag cover which doesn't appear to have resolved the rattling issue.

Even better, while I'm sitting what someone must have though was just outside earshot, I hear the tech that had been working on my car mention something about buildup around the plugs to the service manager. Never mentioned this to me while I was subjected to a taped broadcast of middle aged women engaging in PBS Yoga Exercise for the first hour or so I was stuck in the waiting room.

In the end, the only thing I really got out of this aggravation was a free car wash, on a rainy day...

With all of the above in mind, which Houston Acura service department has provided the least unpleasant encounter so far? Are there any standouts or are they all vying for the Mr. Goodwrench award?

Appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Thanks...

QuickSilver

2001 CL Type S (No Mods)

While I enjoyed reading the last four back issues of Ward's Automotive Review, since none of the problems appear to be resolved I'm at a loss as to why I bothered in the first place.

Old 02-22-2001, 12:33 AM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by QuickSilver:
All,

Decided to take my 01 CL-S in for a 1000 mile checkup and to try to silence a few rattles that have developed over the last few weeks.

Have to say that the experience reminded me a little too much of how your typical GM dealer treats a customer. The whining noise I've been hearing from 3rd gear to 4th gear *lately* is "normal." The increased engine noise/harshness I've been experiencing and the sporadic abrupt shifting in auto mode are "normal." Rattles are "normal" with "this much plastic on such a large dashboard." After all, the Type S has "less sound deadening material." The booming sound from the open sunroof is "normal."

Leaving the issues above aside, I ended up waiting about 2.5 hours for a tech to apply a thin layer of foam tape around the edges of my passenger side airbag cover which doesn't appear to have resolved the rattling issue.

Even better, while I'm sitting what someone must have though was just outside earshot, I hear the tech that had been working on my car mention something about buildup around the plugs to the service manager. Never mentioned this to me while I was subjected to a taped broadcast of middle aged women engaging in PBS Yoga Exercise for the first hour or so I was stuck in the waiting room.

In the end, the only thing I really got out of this aggravation was a free car wash, on a rainy day...

With all of the above in mind, which Houston Acura service department has provided the least unpleasant encounter so far? Are there any standouts or are they all vying for the Mr. Goodwrench award?

Appreciate any feedback you can provide.

Thanks...

QuickSilver

2001 CL Type S (No Mods)

While I enjoyed reading the last four back issues of Ward's Automotive Review, since none of the problems appear to be resolved I'm at a loss as to why I bothered in the first place.

</font>
Call Acura SouthWest, from what I have seen myself and heard from others, they are the best.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Comptech Springs
Custom AEM CAI
Old 02-22-2001, 02:05 AM
Who's Your Daddy

Acura Southwest are the best....I bought my last 3 Acura's there and their service is excellent and very helpful...I get all my maintenance and handle all my problems there but for performance mods, I prefer John Eagle Acura off of Hwy 6 between Westheimer and I-10

------------------
01' Type-S
Acura loyalty
retired a 2000 TL and a 94' Acura Legend Coupe
Comptech Springs
Comptech axle-back exhaust
yellow bumper (fog lights) bulbs
Old 02-22-2001, 11:57 AM
6 speed...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by QuickSilver:
With all of the above in mind, which Houston Acura service department has provided the least unpleasant encounter so far?
</font>
1. which dealership did you go to?

2. I agree with the others, acura southwest (now known as sterling mccall acura) has been good to me.
Old 02-22-2001, 09:34 PM
Advanced

All,

The mystery dealership was Gillman Acura over on Rankin Rd.

Will look into Acura Southwest at 3750.

Appreciate the advice...

Thanks....

QuickSilver
2001 CL Type S (No Mods)