Good, Bad, Ugly Dealerships List

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2001, 01:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
acura of valley stream
sales=so-so, did not ask 4 sales mgr steve verga, will buy next car from him directly
service= good, did sunroof and rear shelf rattle with no problem.
did 2 services and got loaner cars(it or tl)no problem.

------------------
01 BLK/BLK CL-S, FACTORY SPOILER, K/N DROP IN V-1
dom 11/00, g-tech
98 INFINITI I30T(auto)
99 MAXIMA SE(auto)
lazy shifter
Old 06-27-2001, 01:28 PM
Racer

Gunn Acura, San Antonio TX

Sales- Good (people a little stuck up)
Service- Good (in and out)

Knowledge base- Kinda weak... I knew more than the dealer did

------------------
The future is uncertain and the end is always near
Nighthawk Black CL-S stock
Old 06-27-2001, 01:44 PM
Instructor

Spitzer Autoworld Acura division

Sales = not bad...some say this place is racist???

Service = really good, quick, know what their doing, no problems afterwards, and free carwashes everytime!!!

Overall = pretty good

------------------
good to have a CLS...sux to be in pittsburgh
Old 06-27-2001, 03:38 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BBsAcuraRacing:
Suburban Acura Farmington Hills MI

Overall Rating 9.5 out of 10

Sales Department:
Professional, well educated sales and finance staff. This is my second CL in 3 years. My original salesperson has been promoted to the finance manager of a different division of the company(owner of dealership has many diverse brands in the Metro Detroit area along with internet new and used sales--leftlane.com--). He went the EXTRA MILE in doing everything in his power to get me into a new vehicle. Showroom and service facilties are first class operation. For several years Acura was crammed into an Infinity Dealer, but now have a very large Honda AND Acura Dealer next to each other. I overpaid for my car, but it was my fault, I was impatient and wanted it right then. I am working on negotiating a bird-dog fee with my salesman today, I have several referrals for RSX's on Monday...

Parts Department:
Staff is knowledgable about parts and accessories for my vehicles, being high performance auto enthusiasts sure helps.

Service Department:
Again a first class operation. Over the past 4 years there are 3 stellar S.A.'s, Tom, Ash and Karen. There has been a few people who have had the GM, Ford, Chrysler mentality about customer service and have been short lived in their career at Acura. Apparently their attitude was recognized by customers and management, and mysteriously, they are no longer employed there. Cheers to the management.
I had a tranny problem in my 1998 CL and it was replaced in 48 hours!!!!
My 2001 CL-S had the actuator problem. This also was replced and my vehicle back in less than 19 hours from the minute it was dropped off to back in the street (Parts needed to be ordered)

Acura client services:
They took 7 days to call be back with a resolution on a small problem with one prompting phone call from me at 4 days. This department could use a little better follow-up. I didnt demand overnight service, but better followup on a trivial problem would have been appreciated.

SUBURBAN ACURA DEFINITELY gets a 5 STAR rating in my book.

PS Being in high end car audio customer service for 10 years in Metro Detroit area, I learned a great deal about how you want to be treated. Simply put, be cool with your S.A.'s. Nothing irks me more than people who come in with a pre-meditated attitude to argue or expecting confrontation or demand warranty coverage on clearly menial or non-warranty work. I always used to tell my hot-headed customers."we'll do whatever it takes to get the problem taken care of, but first of all, YOU need to GET ALONG with someone here FIRST" These assholes need to get a life or try to find happiness in their own life instead of taking out their MISERABLISM on others.
</font>
hehe Suburban offered me their Sales Manager's CL-S with 3,000 miles on it. For a little more money than the one I bought from Acura of Troy.

------------------
- The sum of the intelligence on the planet is a constant, the population is growing.

01 Type-S
Satin Silver/Ebony
Dunlop SP5000 215/50/17
Navigation-Spoiler-Muds-Wheel locks-35% Tint-PIAA wedges-V1 and remote
DOM 10/2000
Hoping the next "wrecked" CL, is Xephyr's
Old 06-27-2001, 07:47 PM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by superdds:
oakland acura

sales : bad
service : good, look for service manager daryl chan...he's great!

superdds
</font>

I agree....Daryl is excellent. He did my Comptech mods and is going to do my Eibach springs soon. They also fixed some warrenty issues like brakes with no hassle.

He even called to make sure I was happy with the quality of service.

I also agree that Sales sucks. I had some new guy who took FOREVER!!!

Old 06-27-2001, 09:15 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
mfnlaw:

Steve Dorfman was my salesman. He's been really great too.

I just got my first oil change done today - service manager Tim was on top of things and got to meet a couple of the techs who seemed aight too.

So far Rosenthal's been great.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
50% tint sides, 35% back.
J&J custom CAI
Comptech drop-in filter.
I smell Comptech springs and sways in the near future! w00t!
Old 06-27-2001, 09:23 PM
Burning Brakes

Yes, I have the Sales Manager's car for about 70.00 less/month than a new one from Jeffrey, A2 and Troy
Old 06-28-2001, 12:31 AM
Burning Brakes

Brunswick Acura: Hard negotiations but got a great deal (previous integra). Service ok, only had oil changes.

Montclair Acura: Great sales, excellent price, easy negotiations. Service ok, only had free oil change done there.

Bridgewater/Somerville Acura: Bad sales, way too high priced, low trade-in, wouldn't move much. Service good, had some integra work done (blower motor & ac work), many oil changes. Kind of high priced for maintenance work.

Park Ave Acura: Great service, worth the long drive. Play area for children, nice nsx puzzles, treated great. Would purchase next acura from there.

Precision/Princeton Acura: Good sales but didn't purchase(didn't have integra I wanted). Good service, friendly, knowledgable, had oil change there.

Princeton Lexus: Fantastic sales, good price, treated very well. Service looked very good. (almost bought an rx300)

------------------
2001 Satin Silver CL Type S.
No Navi, PIAA 19169, Comptech Sways, Century Childseat, SplashGuards, K&N 33-2178.

[This message has been edited by fast_daddy_car (edited 06-27-2001).]
Old 06-28-2001, 04:27 AM
nItIn

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by fast_daddy_car:
Brunswick Acura: Hard negotiations but got a great deal (previous integra). Service ok, only had oil changes.

Montclair Acura: Great sales, excellent price, easy negotiations. Service ok, only had free oil change done there.

Bridgewater/Somerville Acura: Bad sales, way too high priced, low trade-in, wouldn't move much. Service good, had some integra work done (blower motor & ac work), many oil changes. Kind of high priced for maintenance work.

Park Ave Acura: Great service, worth the long drive. Play area for children, nice nsx puzzles, treated great. Would purchase next acura from there.

Precision/Princeton Acura: Good sales but didn't purchase(didn't have integra I wanted). Good service, friendly, knowledgable, had oil change there.

Princeton Lexus: Fantastic sales, good price, treated very well. Service looked very good. (almost bought an rx300)

</font>
Its ok that u mentioned a Lexus dealership, but I'm curious ... did you get your Acura Serviced there? did you buy a used Acura off their lot? or is this from a Lexus ownership/shopping experience?

------------------
I'm Back - Wiser, Stronger, and more experienced than ever! Thank you guys for your support!

2001 CL-P - Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Burlwood trim, Wheel Locks, Spoiler, Trunk Net, Polarg M6 Road Lamps, Polarg M4 Door Lamps, Polarg M4 Map Lights, Polarg M12 Turn, Polarg M13 Reverse Lamps, Polarg M16 Dome Light. Burlwood '02 TL-S Steering, Burlwood Vent Trims, Burlwood Shifter, 35% all around Madico Tint

My Albums
Old 06-28-2001, 01:24 PM
Racer

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Marine1:
Place: JOHN EAGLE ACURA, Houston, Texas

I did not have the best sales experience there, but their service is excellent.

Service Adviser: Roman Blandino (He's the BEST) He goes above and beyond ensure that you are satisfied. They do it right the first time.

Excellent body shop. (Jackie Tidmore)

They also sell and install Comptech parts. They are a little pricey on their installs.

</font>
Oh yeah, I forgot to mention that they have CLS loaner cars!!!

------------------
CL-S
White/Parchment
Gold Emblems
Mud Guards / Wheel Locks
Spoiler
Winter Floor Mats
DOM 2/00
Old 06-28-2001, 02:04 PM
Cruisin'

Dealership: Zimbrick Acura
Sales: Dave Asplin was my Sales person, and he was great!! Very curteous and helpful! Aaron Perkins is the Sales Manager and I also dealt with him - he too is excellent!
Service: Shane Marez is my Service Manager and he has gone the extra mile to make sure all service-related aspects of my CL are taken care of! - There have been a few goofy issues with my CL, but he's always been able to fix them to my satisfaction!

I'm about 1.5 hours away from Zimbrick, but I think it's worth the drive!!!

------------------
2001 CL-S Non-Navi
Satin Silver/Ebony
Old 06-29-2001, 12:30 PM
TL-S "Auto" Pilot

Leith Acura
Cary, NC

Sales (Good): My salesman, Mike Mitchell made a good impression on me. He is not pushy. In fact, it took him 2 years to sell me my TL-S. Can't say enough good about him.

Parts (Good) & Service (Not so good): The car has been in twice for recalls. Both times I had to take it back because they messed something else up. Although their service record is bad, their professionalism in dealing with my irritation was good.

Performance Acura
Chapel Hill, NC

Sales (Bad): Most of their staff has no clue.

Parts (Good): Always helpful and open on saturdays!

Service: No experience

------------------
2002 Acura TL Type S
- Bone Stock -
Old 07-23-2001, 05:32 PM
nItIn

here ya go RobOnLI

^^ bump ^^
Old 07-23-2001, 08:00 PM
Meat Popsicle

I second The kudos for Continental Acura in Lisle IL for its service department. The parts guys are pretty cool as well. The sales department is a bunch of nobs however.

I bought from McGrath Acura in Countryside IL ( Soon to be moving to Lombard or Oakbrook ) because they beat the best offer from Continental by more than $1000.
McGraths service department wasn't as good as Continentals.
Continental did let me drive an RSX at a "by invitation event" couple of weeks back. The sales dude wanted to ride along, but didn't when I asked him not to. I didn't want to flogg it, I just can't enjoy it when some salesman is babbling on about the wonders of Acura resale.

That tape of the guy who works on your car can be pretty funny too.
Old 07-23-2001, 08:01 PM
Advanced

Brunswick Acura, NJ
Delt with the Sales Manager and purchased my car there. Didn't have any problems.

Springfield Acura, NJ
High pressure sales and bad attitudes. I would never buy a car there.

My car is still new, so I haven't had any service yet.
Old 07-23-2001, 08:50 PM
www.drippinwet.com

motorworld automotive group www.motorworldgroup.com
(yes i work there...but)
sales great, live up to promises, technicians more than happy to come out from the shop, roadtest, explain repairs along with the advisor, provide loaners, complementry car wash and vacuum, (these are the things i see in acura and also do for the mercedes customers)
we have a customer follow up division and manager and drew in acura service has had high csi awards like forever

Motorworld Acura
Wilkes-Barre PA
Sales: good
Service: good

[ 08-09-2001: Message edited by: acura_service ]
Old 07-23-2001, 08:54 PM
I'm out of HELL!!!!

Thanks Nabster...

Bay Shore Acura (Hillside Acura - Long Island)
BAD!
Won't give loaner car if you didn't purchase your car from them.

Smithtown Acura
Not great.
Sale wasn't great - they wouldn't budge.
Service is decent - but very high priced and I get the feeling their technicians are not the brightest.

Maybe I'll be bringing my car to NJ for service (Park Ave Acura or Precision in Lawrenceville) since I go to NJ so much.

-Rob M.
Long Island, NY
Old 07-23-2001, 09:01 PM
Pro

Dealer: Baranco Acura
Rating: Sales: Worst
Service: Okay at best

Comments : horrible sales staff. Very uninformed about their product line. Service is okay , but dont challenge them with something complex.
Old 07-23-2001, 09:29 PM
Retired Post Whore

Acura of Bridgewater

Sales- Gave me a great price on the CL-S when it came out.

Service- The service people are very nice and friendly and they tell you everything about what is wrong with your car. Only bad thing is they don't have COMPTECH items on stock only special orders. Very respectable place.

Park Ave Acura

Sales= Didnt buy from them because they are too far from me.

Service- The guys are amazing over there, they had comtech items available and ready to install. Im getting my headers installed from them on Wednesday. Wayne is the man over there! Will recommend to everybody!
Old 07-23-2001, 09:47 PM
Oh...Behave!

Dealership: South Coast Acura
Rating: Bad & Ugly
They dented my roof when repairing the sunroof vibration, then denied it, yet there were still smudged fingerprints all over!
They refused to replace my actuator, even after showing them it operated on a new car on their lot!
They also add $1000 to $1500 to new models when they first come out. ($1500 add to sticker on the CL-S when I was shopping)

Dealership: Tustin Acura
Rating: Great!
Very nice, professional operation. They gave me the "red carpet" treatment re: actuator!
Old 07-23-2001, 10:38 PM
nItIn

Ed Martin, IN
service = clueless -- hadnt heard of comptech, pronounced it Compton .. I said how about AEM?, the service manager said AEM who? .. very sarcastic. Slow too! Last time I took my car in there it took them 4 days and then they said the rattle in my rear was due to stuff in my trunk, I was like kiss my a$$. peeled the vent trims off've my car and then said, oh that was loose and it was sitting on the floor when we got it! I was like yeah right! one word -- HORRIBLE
Old 07-24-2001, 03:19 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
dealership: sunnyvale acura, ca
service: very good
pricing: good, decent, doesn't like like steven's creek
comments: good place, ask for vu, he'll help you out even after you get your car, ask him if he still remembers me, steven if you ever go there.
Old 07-24-2001, 12:25 PM
*Hella* isn't a word.

Dealership: Acura of Pasadena, Pasadena, CA
Pricing: Very good, cheaper than competitors but depends on which salesperson u get.
Service: A+ in my book.
Comments: In the world of forced accessories and bad service, this dealership only sells you what you want and not what they want!

Dealership: Sierra Acura, Alhambra, CA
Pricing: VERY BAD. Wanted to sell me $1200+ dollars of accessories that I didn't want and wouldn't budge. Gave me such excuses as "If we remove the mudguards, your car will have holes in it" and "If I take off the guards, locks and trunk tray off, who will want them?" which yieled "Put them on the next CL you get" from me.
Service: Is there a rating lower than F-??
Comments: In the world of forced accessories and bad service, Sierra Acura is right at home. Don't waste you time or money there and don't tell me I didn't tell you so. If you frequent this delaership by mistake, drive over to Acura of Pasadena which is only 15 minutes away. Put it simply, I cannot describe Sierra Acura w/o cursing at them......
Old 07-24-2001, 02:30 PM
Racer

Pohanka Acura (Chantilly, VA)

Taking the emotion of of my response, I would rate them "acceptable." The sales staff seems to be very nice and concerned with more than the bottom line. They seem to know a lot about the cars and actually show their entusiasm for the product instead of the dollar.

I question the service department but they did come through, when pushed, with the brakes. I'm still debating taking the car there for future service and I don't know if I'd buy another car there or not.
Old 07-24-2001, 06:03 PM
Instructor

Originally posted by Ogolden1:
<STRONG>Dealership: South Coast Acura
Rating: Bad & Ugly
They dented my roof when repairing the sunroof vibration, then denied it, yet there were still smudged fingerprints all over!
They refused to replace my actuator, even after showing them it operated on a new car on their lot!
They also add $1000 to $1500 to new models when they first come out. ($1500 add to sticker on the CL-S when I was shopping)

Dealership: Tustin Acura
Rating: Great!
Very nice, professional operation. They gave me the "red carpet" treatment re: actuator!</STRONG>

My experience with both have been different. I bought both of my Acuras (01 CL-P and 02 TL-S) from South Coast Acura. Treated me very well. At Tustin Acura, delt with a gal named Renee, I think. She could not explain why their lease payment were $50.00 a month higher that South Coast with the exact same terms. Both of the Emerald Green CL-P's they had were badly scrathed.
Old 08-09-2001, 12:40 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
I'm bumping this up in preparation for it going into the FAQ. Could you PLEASE do the following, editing your prior post if you made one?

1) Please put what state the dealer you mentioned is in
2) Please put a GOOD/BAD/UGLY for service and sales separately. I've suddenly realized some people have been saying Good sales and bad service or vice/versa.
3) I really don't care about BAD/UGLY because i'm only putting good places in the FAQ, not bad ones.

Thank you!!!

[ 08-08-2001: Message edited by: ChodTheWacko ]
Old 08-09-2001, 01:23 AM
Drifting

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Big_Pimp's_Type_S:
[QB]Sussman Acura
Jenkitown PA
UGLY

4 times to fix the sunroof
3 times (so far) to fix the auto-down window not working, still not fixed.

I DEFINATELY agree with this one. I also got my car from Sussman Acura. I had a good experience in sales with a guy named Howard Leopald. But the service is just a pain in the ass. It seems to me like they do whatever possible to avoid fixing my car.

marc
Old 08-09-2001, 04:03 AM
Suzuka Master

Tire Dealer: Washington Tire and Wheel

Good news – big smiles when taking money. (I may be lucky they are not trying to fix anything&#8230
Bad news – abusive and offensive behavior when resolving even minor customer problems. I also gave them an initial recommendation based on the price I got on Toyo tires (had I only known) – apologies to one and all.

Can you believe that these people had the nerve to tell me I was a nice guy, and then tell me to fuck-off....

They refused to help me and let out a litany of verbal abuse over a problem I am having with SSR Competition Wheel caps falling off the front wheels when hot. (Tire Rack have been great and I’m getting some help from the distributors.)

I heard a similar story from a friend of mine. Today I can now add a fellow CLS member.

Don't deal with these people (unless you are a masochist).

If you have a problem, they will use the "best defense is a good offense" and swear and make degrading comments about you the customer. They yelled at me and told me they appreciated all the business I brought them and was a super nice guy, but that I was "too much trouble and they didn’t have the time for me… fuck-off". BTW -- too much trouble == means spending about 10 minutes to an hour looking at my wheels.

Don't deal with these people -- ever!
Old 08-09-2001, 04:26 AM
God
GOD Of ACURA-CL.COM

Dealership - McDaniels Acura

Location - Columbia , S.C.

Basically I hate that dealership and i doubt i'll ever purchase a car ever from them again .

#1 The manager there doesn't care about potential customers he treated my parents like %$#@

#2 I order the wing the day I get my car ....i go up there thursday to get it put on they ordered the wrong one ( they got the TL wing instead ) So I'm like ok thats cool i'll come back up here monday to get it installed ....No wing it hasnt come in yet ....i'm a little annoyed when they tell me it will be there it's not . Delay once again It will be here Thursday so i'm like ok I call to make sure it's there and it is but they can't install it till mon or tuesday . I'm BEYOND pissed I demanded to speak to the manager and he get's it done friday . I was told it would take an HR to get the job done ...but it takes 2hrs so i get charged an extra 70 bucks for labor b/c they i asked them to check out my balance . Which they didnt even really check ...they checked it by looking at the steering wheel or some _ _ _ _ .

#3 There's suppose to be parts for my door b/c somehow someone at acura decided to take a screw driver or some sharp object and pry at the power windows panel . The once again ORDERED THE WRONG PARTS .

#4 My family has bought cars from Honda and nissan and never have we've been treated so BAD .

I will avoid at all cost to go back to that service/car dealership again . If I need something fixed I'll just go to my local honda dealership and see if they can get the damn job done right b/c Mc Daniels acura sure as hell can't !
Old 08-09-2001, 12:03 PM
Adrienne

Originally posted by sundance_gold:
<STRONG>Pohanka Acura (Chantilly, VA)

Taking the emotion of of my response, I would rate them "acceptable." The sales staff seems to be very nice and concerned with more than the bottom line. They seem to know a lot about the cars and actually show their entusiasm for the product instead of the dollar.

I question the service department but they did come through, when pushed, with the brakes. I'm still debating taking the car there for future service and I don't know if I'd buy another car there or not.</STRONG>
You came all the way from Bristow to buy your car at Pohanka?!?!?

I've had great experience with Pohanka, the sales department is really friendly and helpful, and my salesman is keeping my info in a file in his desk for when I finally get around to buying my Type S (and I know he is because I dropped in unexpectedly one day and he reached down and pulled it out immediately)... Service has ALWAYS been at least an hour faster than they project, I have always been offered a loaner car, and my car comes back spotless inside and out. SO....

Dealership: Pohanka Acura
Rating: Good
Old 08-09-2001, 12:28 PM
Masshole

Clair Acura--Norwood/Walpole, MA.
Spectacular sales and service. I've bought 3 of my 4 Acuras there and I'm very impressed. Good loaners, quick service, thorough job on all work done.
Old 08-09-2001, 06:45 PM
Instructor

Keyes Acura - Van Nuys, CA

Sales: Horrible. I shouldn't have even bought my car there. The sales manager was more concerned about the customer satisfaction surveys and tried to get me to buy the CL-P.

Service: No experience with them.

Tustin Acura - Tustin, CA

Sales: Seems okay. I've test driven a TL and RSX there. They seemed to be pretty helpful with little to no pressure.

Service: Service is pretty good. Matt, my service advisor is pretty cool. However, there was a time one of the techs scratched some of the paneling around the stereo while looking for rattles.