Good, Bad, Ugly Dealerships List

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2001, 01:20 PM
nItIn

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good, Bad, Ugly Dealerships List

I'd like to compile a list of dealerships across the country and based on user feedback rate them as <font color=red>Good, Bad, </font>or<font color=red> Ugly</font> ..

To start with :
Dealership: Ed Napelton Acura, Porsche
Comment: Continous management change. Steven the service manager will do everything to avoid working on your car. They do work with a good body shop - "International Body"

Dealership: Bob Rohrman Fort Wayne Acura
Comment: Make big promises, but havent been treated well once since I purchased the car.

[This message has been edited by nabster (edited 03-27-2001).]
Old 03-25-2001, 01:44 PM
Instructor

Dealership: Northeast Acura
Comment: Some of the sales staff leave a lot to be desired. I recommend Mark Verdile. Have had no service problems to speak of. They use a great body shop "Kaisers" for all body work.
Old 03-25-2001, 01:54 PM
O.G.

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Dealership: Montclair Acura
Comment: Ask for Anthony. He is really nice and actually cares about the customer. Their new autobody store "Clairemont Autobody shop" is really good.
Old 03-25-2001, 03:26 PM
Banned

Lehigh Valley Avura. Ask for Frank Capola (Not the movie director...). My mother will probably get a '00 TL from him in the forseeable future. She doesn't like the Impala.

------------------
http://albums.photopoint.com/j/Album...698&a=11616550
Red 3.2 CL-S.
"Life is too short not to be Italian." -Paul Sorvino
"How do you expect your date to turn over if your engine doesn't?" -Original
"Too many news programs have become public relations friendly" -Bill Oreilly
People spend too much time finding other people to blame, too much energy finding excuses for not being what they are capable of being, and not enough energy putting themselves on the line, growing out of the past, and getting on with their lives. -
J. Michael Straczynski
Old 03-25-2001, 03:34 PM
Cruisin'

Acura of Concord
Concord CA
BAD
More interested and sweaty about survey results than in the delight of the customer.

Old 03-25-2001, 04:55 PM
do it yourself, !

Dealership: Montclair Acura Location: Verona, NJ Feedback: Good Comment: My uncles work there. Stanley Bao (cant speak english that well) and Thomas Wang--he's the Sales manager. Great sales..gotta say the Service department sucks..

------------------
2001 Acura CL Type-S
Black - Ebony Interior - Spoiler - 20% Tint - Cleared Headlights

2000 Mercedes Benz E320
Black - Black Interior - Nav - Chrome AMG Rims
Old 03-25-2001, 06:13 PM
Intermediate

I have gone to three dealerships so far with my 2000 TL and my 2001 CL-S and I got to admit Park Avenue Acura has been the most knowledgable dealership I have been to so far! It is a treat when the guy who services your car talks to you and says that your car is ok and that if you have any questions he can answer them now. I know that I bought my car at Acura of Ocean and I also have had my car serviced there and I trust them with it, especially John and Erik in service dept. they are great!!! But overall when I went to Park Avenue Acura, I was greeted like I just bought the car there and like I was family!!!!!! You guys should really think about these two dealerships especially Park Avenue when you want your Comptech Aftermarket Products installed!! Jens knows his shit and Wayne has the best prices for the parts and install!! Hats Off to the team at Park Avenue!!!!

P.S. No I do not work for either dealership and if you ask Wanye he will tell you that I drive 2 Hours to get my service done!!!

------------------
Acura CL-S 01, Tafetta White/Ebony, Navi, Polished BBS RK wheels with 225/45/17 P7000SS, Custom Dyed Wood Peices, Black Wood/Leather Steering Wheel, Black Wood Vents, Cool New Style Remote, Comptech Springs and Sways.
Old 03-25-2001, 08:12 PM
Instructor

Bloomington Acura Bloomington, MN.
Bad.
Brought my car in for oil change and to fix dent they broke my rear taillight. Dealership has you wait 2 weeks to get a oil change. Looking for new dealership currently.

------------------
01 3.2 CLS Non-Navi
San Marino Red
Tinted 35% all the way
Winter Rubber mats
Piaa High Beam lights (Not worth it)
Old 03-25-2001, 08:13 PM
Suzuka Master

Not to be a pain but I think this survey was already conducted a while back. try searching.

------------------
CL-S
White/Ebony/Navi/Spoiler/Visor/Full Bra/Mud Guards/Cargo Net/Acura Car Cover/Tint 20%,35%,5% on Sun Roof, Rockford 250a2 Amp w/JL10w6 / K&N Drop in Filter. Comptech Springs. Polarg m-6.
Comptech Headers, Comptech Sways, Eurolite Xenon Crystal high beams.
AEM CAI once they decide to make the dame thing.
235/40/17's or 225/45/17's once I found out which one works for me.

gtech 0-60 6.03 w/ 438 pound load. preheader.
Old 03-25-2001, 08:20 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Park Avenue Acura - Great
Ramsey Acura - Poor
Wayne Acura - Yuck

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Old 03-26-2001, 01:44 PM
What, me worry?

Location: Carrollton, tx. land of heaving pavement & revenue generating pigs.
McDavid in Plano= good. They gave me a decent trade in and treated me very well.
Goodson in Irving= Bad. Offered $5000. less on my trade in than McDavid and told me to go to Carmax to see if they would offer more. Plus the old bag there was using her worksheet starting out with $29k even though I previously told her their internet site said they had a special of $26,500. Needless to say I didn't buy from them.

------------------
CL-P,Monterey blue,35psi in my tires and constantly surfing radio stations with my steering wheel switch.
Old 03-26-2001, 02:05 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 719 Likes on 201 Posts
Helllllz no! Ed Napleton sux big time! I live like 5 minutes from the place and that's where I purchased my CL. They dont know what they're talking about half the time and like to Bullshit to compensate. An example of this was when I went for my 7500 mile service they took like 5 hrs to get done with my car! They said it would only take an 1hr 1/2. Then they told me some lame ass story about some CL recall.. "We had to call headquarters to check on it....that's why it took so long...blah..blah" Bullshit! No documentation on this whatsoever! But I didnt argue because I was in a hurry. Then they are notorious for drilling holes in your bumper! Dont get me started on that! I also love it when they give me a freakin chevy metro as a loaner! My preference is:

Dealership: Continental Acura/Lisle IL
Comment: Dope dealership! It's out of my way, but these guys know what they are doing. They are also a "preferred comptech installer" Gave me a brand new TL as a loaner! My receipt included an audio tape of what they did when I brought my car in for service! Can you beat that?!!/ Here is a pic of the receipt:

[This message has been edited by synth19 (edited 03-26-2001).]
Old 03-26-2001, 02:23 PM
nItIn

Like I said .. they have gone through some significant management change. Last March when I had to get my '01 CL serviced, the management team there (Gary and co.) rocked. The guy had worked there 17 years and was so curteous, that it blew my socks off .. I knew I was getting service for a luxury car. But as of late, synth19 I have to agree with you .. their management has been kinda sucky, hopefully things will change. I kinda had a change of heart for them when they agreed to installl a TL-S wood steering for 450, but I just got off the phone with them and they are re-negging .. more details in the appropriate thread.

I am gonna switch to either Continental or McGrath in Chicago...

Also, I will be tallying up the scores and publishing a first draft at the end of day today ..

------------------
2001 CL - purchased March 2000. Nighthawk Black ext: Ebony int; Coming soon: '02 TL-S Wood Steering; Tints; Aftermarket Wood Trim
Old 03-26-2001, 04:04 PM
Cruisin'

Acura of Portland-okay at best
I originally purchased my first cl-s on Labor day weekend. black with parch. I took it home car was dirty. to give them some credit it was raining that day but the interior wasnt like you'd expect. Washed my car and noticed black dots down one side of the car perfectly centered down the middle. It was overspray from undercoating another car. went to dealership numerous times to attempt to fix. noticed after first time in service that the factory paint sucked. there was all kinds of dirt and particles in the clear coat. was referred by dealership to an acura rep to look the car over. Dave Hunter was the rep from Acura and was awesome he listened to me bitch about this and after more attempts to fix finally swapped the car for the satin silver. for this I will say Acura is awesome but the dealership kept dropping the ball. to swap the car I had to wait forever the general manager would give me a run around and on top of all that I just now received my free cruise they were offering on Labor day weekend. only 6 months later. sorry post is so long but I would not purchase another vechicle from them they care about the sale but after is something less than desirable. sorry so long
Old 03-27-2001, 01:49 AM
Fight On SC!

oakland acura

sales : bad
service : good, look for service manager daryl chan...he's great!

superdds
Old 03-27-2001, 01:52 AM
Kill the Chicken heads

Acura of mission Veijo, Ca. They can suck my balls, they dont know shit about acuras, i know more then they do. i cant talk enough shit on this place. they never fix anything right. I hate them. so i rate them BAD!

------------------
Nick
01' Cl-S Silver/ Black W/ Navi and Spoiler
V-1 Radar Hard Wired, Limo Tint all around
Comptech Headers, Sways, and AEM CAI
I've got one of the CLS's from the fast batch.
Lead Foot!
Old 03-27-2001, 02:01 AM
Fight On SC!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Type S Smokes All:
Acura of mission Veijo, Ca. They can suck my balls, they dont know shit about acuras, i know more then they do. i cant talk enough shit on this place. they never fix anything right. I hate them. so i rate them BAD!

</font>
my fiance bought her tl there. i'll couldn't agree with you more. down with mission viejo.

superdds

Old 03-27-2001, 02:26 AM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Thomas Acura in West Covina, California.
???? Don't know anymore! Have been going there since 1990 when my wife got her Integra GS. The last few months they seem to be playing musical chairs in the service department; never the same people working there. Told me I needed a new oil pan gasket on my wife's Integra because it was leaking; 7,500 miles between oil changes and I have NEVER seen a drop of oil under her car. Charged me $87.00 for transmission oil change on my CL-S until I pointed out that last year they only charged $42.00 for the same service. Did not follow TYPE WRITTEN instructions for installation of Comptech sway bars. Anyone else in the Covina/West Covina area have any current thoughts on this dealer?

------------------
You can never have too much horsepower!

[This message has been edited by Dan (edited 03-27-2001).]
Old 03-27-2001, 04:11 AM
Wow only on my 2nd tranny

DOWNEY ACURA
Sales = Evil
Service = not so hot
Overall = waste of time

SANTA MONICA ACURA
Sales = Evil
Service = Evil
Overall = Dishonest & Incompetent jerks

PEYTON CRAMER ACURA (TORRANCE)
Sales = not evil, but not inspired
Service = uneven, not geniuses, but not jerks
Overall= not bad - considering other dealers.

ACURA 101 WEST (CALABASAS)
Sales = no walk in the park, but not jerks
Service = competent, no complaints but no bargain
Overall: A good experience, straightforward.
Old 03-27-2001, 03:41 PM
on bin laden

You gotta know the right people at Bloomington Acura ... ask for Christos to work on your car, go back and talk to him, tell him you know me, he will take car of you ...

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by MNCLS:
Bloomington Acura Bloomington, MN.
Bad.
Brought my car in for oil change and to fix dent they broke my rear taillight. Dealership has you wait 2 weeks to get a oil change. Looking for new dealership currently.

</font>

------------------
Black 2001 Type S
*Eibach Pro-Kit (Waiting to be installed)
*Xephyr Cold Air Intake
*PIAA 19169 Road Lamps
*Acura Winter Mats
*Mudguards
*Mobile 1 Synthetic
*Rockford 500a2 [FOR SALE]
*Pioneer 12" @ 400w (x2) [FOR SALE]
*77237-SOK-A02 (Holder Assembly)
---Still 2 rims not scratched---
Old 03-27-2001, 04:03 PM
Drifting

Dealership:
Suburban Acura - VERY Good
Resonable pricing ($25 oil change), honest service managers, willing to go extra mile to make you feel comfortable
Ann Arbor Acura - Ugly
Caught Service Manager lying about brake pad replacement and turning rotors (I am engineer in brake manu. facility). Asked him to explain why. Call him out on it and he ended up getting angry and defensive. Broke turn signal assembly and tried to hide it by rigging it. "Replaced" seat motor and still had same exact problems.
Acura of Troy - Poor
Never had my car serviced at this dealership, but salewoman lied to me about invoice pricing and tried to sell me 2.3 not a 3.0 because she "was not sure if I could afford it." Second salesman told me that going from a Civic to a CL was "quite a big step-up" and showed me an Integra.
Jeffrey Acura - Poor
Never had my car serviced there but Salesman had to do a credit check on me (immediately) due to my young age (23). He then made me fill out two forms. The first was a credit check info form and the second was a purchase order with the price of the car written in at the top. I told him I would not sign it and I told him that a PO was a legal agreement to buy the car at that price. He told me he did not have to sell me the car. I told him "ok" and I walked out.

Do I sound bitter?
By the way, check out my cars.....
http://www.flwsoutheast.com/images/s...ter%2698cl.jpg
I TURN 25 TOMORROW!!!!!

------------------
-Phin
www.generationinformation.com
CHECK IT OUT!!

[This message has been edited by phinthesky (edited 03-27-2001).]
Old 03-27-2001, 04:12 PM
nItIn

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by phinthesky:
Dealership:
Suburban Acura - VERY Good
Resonable pricing ($25 oil change), honest service managers, willing to go extra mile to make you feel comfortable
Ann Arbor Acura - Ugly
Caught Service Manager lying about brake pad replacement and turning rotors (I am engineer in brake manu. facility). Asked him to explain why. Call him out on it and he ended up getting angry and defensive. Broke turn signal assembly and tried to hide it by rigging it. "Replaced" seat motor and still had same exact problems.
Acura of Troy - Poor
Never had my car serviced at this dealership, but salewoman lied to me about invoice pricing and tried to sell me 2.3 not a 3.0 because she "was not sure if I could afford it." Second salesman told me that going from a Civic to a CL was "quite a big step-up" and showed me an Integra.
Jeffrey Acura - Poor
Never had my car serviced there but Salesman had to do a credit check on me (immediately) due to my young age (23). He then made me fill out two forms. The first was a credit check info form and the second was a purchase order with the price of the car written in at the top. I told him I would not sign it and I told him that a PO was a legal agreement to buy the car at that price. He told me he did not have to sell me the car. I told him "ok" and I walked out.

Do I sound bitter?
By the way, check out my cars.....
http://www.flwsoutheast.com/images/s...ter%2698cl.jpg
I TURN 25 TOMORROW!!!!!

</font>
ya, I bought my CL from Bob Rorman (sp?) Acura in Fort Wayne when I was 22. The sales guy kept offering to show me another car after every 2 questions I asked about the CL.

Anyone have a good experience with a south chicago/Indiana area/South west Michigan area Acura dealership that they can refer me to ... I'm sick of the two dealerships that I've been to.

------------------
2001 CL - purchased March 2000. Nighthawk Black ext: Ebony int; Coming soon: '02 TL-S Wood Steering; Tints; Aftermarket Wood Trim
Old 03-27-2001, 08:34 PM
Instructor

Mike Harvey Acura:
Overall I'd rate them Ok.
Sales people there are good, at least those with whom I talked. But sales manager makes too many promises that afterwords cannot be fullfilled.
Service on the car ... bad. Droped my car off friday morning and was promised to have it done by 3 pm. Picked up car on Monday...

------------------
'01 CL type-S.
Stats on all-stock with 1/2 tank:
0-60 in 5.85
Why drink and drive, when you can smoke and fly?
Old 06-25-2001, 05:58 PM
Suzuka Master

Dealership: Keyes Acura
Comment on Sales: Promised Navi upgrades and goodies -- denied
Comment on Service: Sales Advisor is nice guy. The mechanics who worked on my car did the following:

1. Dinged the hood of my perfect car (I had to go to ding wizards and pay $$$)
2. Left the hardware loose on a swaybar install. (after leaving a we road tested your car note in the car!)
3. Forgot to use hose clamps on the AEM CAI install...
4. Mangled the nuts on the Comptech headers (can you say metric vice grips for tool set)
5. Oil change was ok...

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (50 lbs less than stock)
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 12 coats of Zaino magic
  • NEUSPEED Upper Strut Tie Bar ordered
  • Stainless Brake lines coming (Brembos?)
  • V1 planned
Old 06-25-2001, 06:02 PM
Safety Car

Sussman Acura
Jenkitown PA
UGLY

4 times to fix the sunroof
3 times (so far) to fix the auto-down window not working, still not fixed.

------------------
<A HREF="http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumIndex?u=1603513&a=12224080" TARGET=_blank>
Tinted Silver CLS</A>
Bad ideas catch on quickly
Old 06-25-2001, 06:12 PM
Smack My B*tch Up

Dealership: Suburban Acura

Gave be bad priceing, were very unhelpful, lied to me and did the same for a friend of mine. I live 4 miles away from it and I go to Acura of Tory(12 miles): better pricing nice people.

Dealership: Acura of Troy

They even gave me an Acura T-shirt.

------------------
Black 2001 Acura CL-S W/Nav 20%,35% Tint, Polarg M6 lamps

Live To Drive!
Old 06-25-2001, 07:14 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Sales: Got fucked and dumped harder than a one night stand.
Service: They don't like Comptech so they can suck my ass and watch Wayne G at Park Ave get more business.
Comments: Bought 2 cars from these fucks and got more attention from Park Ave Acura after simply getting my 15K checkup. Springfield Acura is a POS dealership which has absolutely NO intention of preserving customers. I could go on but someone would have to ask me to.........

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
Comptech Springs
CompTech Exhaust
Park Ave Acura CAI
SilverKnight Mesh Grill
Custom BASS by <A HREF="http://www.Streeteffectz.com

01'Acura" TARGET=_blank>www.Streeteffectz.com

01'Acura</A> Integra GSR
No Mods yet but just wait......
Old 06-25-2001, 08:56 PM
nItIn

Ive posted my thoughts on these in separate threads

Dealershit: Suburban Acura
Comment: Refused to accomodate my situation/circumstances. I drove out of my way during a business trip there, they made me wait, and refused to get me a rental or a loaner. Even though when I set up the appointment, their service person had agreed to.

Dealership: Ed Martin Acura
Comment: Kept my car for 2 days to fix the rattle in rear deck. Returned it to me saying it was items in my trunk that caused the rattle. BULL SHIT

Dealership: Continental Acura
Comment: Kept my car longer than estimated, but got the problem fixed. Also worked with my insurance people to identify problem caused by faulty repair on previous insurance claim.

------------------
2001 CL-P - Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Burlwood trim, Wheel Locks, Spoiler, Trunk Net, Polarg M6 Road Lamps, Polarg M4 Door Lamps, Polarg M4 Map Lights, Polarg M12 Turn, Polarg M13 Reverse Lamps, Polarg M16 Dome Light. Burlwood '02 TL-S Steering, Burlwood Vent Trims, Burlwood Shifter, 35% all around Madico Tint

My Albums
Old 06-25-2001, 08:59 PM
nItIn

Either myself or ChodTheWacko .. (since he so nicely volunteered in another thread ) will compile these results in a more readable format for your easy reference.

------------------
2001 CL-P - Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Burlwood trim, Wheel Locks, Spoiler, Trunk Net, Polarg M6 Road Lamps, Polarg M4 Door Lamps, Polarg M4 Map Lights, Polarg M12 Turn, Polarg M13 Reverse Lamps, Polarg M16 Dome Light. Burlwood '02 TL-S Steering, Burlwood Vent Trims, Burlwood Shifter, 35% all around Madico Tint

My Albums
Old 06-25-2001, 09:05 PM
Advanced

Lehigh Valley Acura
Whitehall, PA
sales - BAD BAD BAD Talk about assholes. My salesman very poorly explained my financing, so when I can to buy my payments ended up being $30 more a month than we had discussed.
Service - so far so good. Took it in for my first oil change with no problem. I had some questions about some things on the car which they got answers for me on quickly. Nothing major yet, and hopefully won't have a major problem, but they've done good so far compared to other cars I've owned.
Old 06-25-2001, 09:07 PM
Instructor

Could not agree more about SANTA MONICA ACURA. This dealer could be the worst of the worst of all the dealers I've ever dealt with in my life for sales and service, and I've had several cars.
You would not believe the stories I have from this place.

A "must avoid" dealer.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Water Rabbit:
DOWNEY ACURA
Sales = Evil
Service = not so hot
Overall = waste of time

SANTA MONICA ACURA
Sales = Evil
Service = Evil
Overall = Dishonest & Incompetent jerks

PEYTON CRAMER ACURA (TORRANCE)
Sales = not evil, but not inspired
Service = uneven, not geniuses, but not jerks
Overall= not bad - considering other dealers.

ACURA 101 WEST (CALABASAS)
Sales = no walk in the park, but not jerks
Service = competent, no complaints but no bargain
Overall: A good experience, straightforward.
</font>
------------------
2001 Silver CL-S

[This message has been edited by Beach-CL (edited 06-25-2001).]
Old 06-25-2001, 10:49 PM
Old timer

Acura West
Ellicott City, Maryland

*Had no interest in selling me a car.
*Salesman lacked knowledge of what cars were on the lot, color availability, etc.
*Salesman too carefree in demeanor - didn't seem interested in helping customers.
*Wouldn't bargain on the price.

I bought my car at Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, Maryland, and so far everything's been excellent. Then again, I go in for my first oil change on Wednesday. We'll see how that goes.

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
50% tint sides, 35% back.
J&J custom CAI
Comptech drop-in filter.
Old 06-25-2001, 11:17 PM
Advanced

Precision Acura/Porsche of Princeton, Lawrenceville, NJ

Sales: Excellent - dealt with Scott Steele. Easy to deal with, laid back and no high pressure tactics. Willing to deal and very fair. Financing guy (don't remember his name) was also good - didn't push all the extras like they sometimes do.
Service: Don't know yet, but soon - they are close to my work - so they're convenient. If any problems then I'm going to go out of the way and head to Park Ave!

Brunswick Acura, East Brunswick, NJ

Sales - Poor. went shopping there first b/c they are closer to home but unless you are willing to buy that that day they are not interested.

Service - Okay. When I was living in Maine, the Honda dealer could not a minor warrant repair on my Integra, and I took it in to Brunswick when I was visiting NJ...Decent service but too slow for replacing a minor part.

Miami Acura, Miami, Fla

Sales - Good. Bought my Integra there in '96. Decent staff, friendly, but tough to negotiate with.

Service - Good. Went there for about 1 1/2 years before leaving Fla. Thourough and relatively speedy, decent staff.

------------------
2001 Eternal Blue Pearl Cl-P
Old 06-26-2001, 03:13 AM
Subie Dubie

Dealer: Niello Acura

Sales : Good, very knowledgeable sales people and most were car nuts like me and drove the CL-S with mods !!

Service : So far Good. Again, very knowledgeable and performance oriented. Doesn't hurt that they are just down the road from Comptech. My work was done with no problems, they fixed the rattling sunroof and listened to me with patience, and the Copmptech installs operate perfectly .

------------------
San Marino Red
Spoiler
Comptech Headers
Comptech Sways
Toyo Proxes T1-S
Valentine One
Old 06-26-2001, 03:15 AM
Instructor

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by JRock:
Acura West
Ellicott City, Maryland

*Had no interest in selling me a car.
*Salesman lacked knowledge of what cars were on the lot, color availability, etc.
*Salesman too carefree in demeanor - didn't seem interested in helping customers.
*Wouldn't bargain on the price.

I bought my car at Rosenthal Acura in Gaithersburg, Maryland, and so far everything's been excellent. Then again, I go in for my first oil change on Wednesday. We'll see how that goes.

-J

</font>
I bought mine at Rosenthal and so far they haven't been bad.

Sales: Wonderful. Steve Shager, whom I HIGHLY recommend, was patient and explained everything to me. He was knowledgeable about the car, and was up front about the financing/leasing. Still checks in with me once every 3-4 weeks to make sure everything's OK. And they gave me a fabulous price.

Service: The one time I've dealt with them so far--not bad. They forgot to install my mud guards initially, and I didn't notice for 2 days. I took it back without an appointment and they did it in 15 minutes. I'm taking the car in for some work next Monday--the rubber around the windshield is lifting and I'm getting various rattles and squeaks checked out, including the sunroof. I get a loaner because I'm dropping it off after work and won't be able to pick it up til the next day. I'll let you know how it goes next week.

JRock--who was your salesman? (Just curious.)

------------------
2001 Satin Silver 3.2 CL (no S because of the lead foot)

[This message has been edited by mfnlaw (edited 06-26-2001).]
Old 06-26-2001, 03:20 AM
Retired. Not available.

Price: I think I paid a little more than some ppl but I'm still happy.
Service: Nice. They sell and install Comptech performance parts. (Talk to Eric Younger-Service Consultant).

------------------
'01 Silver CL-S
Silver Mud Guard
Silver Aluminum Sport Pedals
Customed self-installed sound system with 5-channel Kenwood Amp and 10in. Pioneer sub. in Customized box.
(modified) CAI.
Meshed grill.
My Pride
DOM 01/2001 #31432
Old 06-26-2001, 04:11 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Dealership: Lehigh Valley Acura
Feedback (sales): BAD BAD BAD BAD
(service): Good
Comment: The sales people treated me like king until all the paperwork was done; had a coupon for $100 rebate which I was going to use to buy some accessories which they said I could use, but fucked with me for 2 months and ended up saying "We gave you a good deal, there's no way in hell we're going to give you $100!"

Also screwed me on the navi updates.

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Lehigh Valley Avura. Ask for Frank Capola (Not the movie director...). My mother will probably get a '00 TL from him in the forseeable future. She doesn't like the Impala.</font>
Don't ask for Frank Copola, he's the ass that lied to me and told me I get 2 free updates, and he's the ass that told me that the cl has exxon headlights and the strut tower bar was to prevent the engine from entering the cabin during a crash!
Old 06-27-2001, 07:05 AM
MP Video Extraordinaire

If I were Corporate Acura, I'd love to read this thread!!!

------------------
01 CL-S San Marino Red/Black, K&N drop in, no nav, rear wing, otherwise stock thus far, has an appetite for Bavarian cars.
Old 06-27-2001, 09:44 AM
Racer

Place: JOHN EAGLE ACURA, Houston, Texas

I did not have the best sales experience there, but their service is excellent.

Service Adviser: Roman Blandino (He's the BEST) He goes above and beyond ensure that you are satisfied. They do it right the first time.

Excellent body shop. (Jackie Tidmore)

They also sell and install Comptech parts. They are a little pricey on their installs.

------------------
CL-S
White/Parchment
Gold Emblems
Mud Guards / Wheel Locks
Spoiler
Winter Floor Mats
DOM 2/00
Old 06-27-2001, 10:02 AM
Burning Brakes

Suburban Acura Farmington Hills MI

Overall Rating 9.5 out of 10

Sales Department:
Professional, well educated sales and finance staff. This is my second CL in 3 years. My original salesperson has been promoted to the finance manager of a different division of the company(owner of dealership has many diverse brands in the Metro Detroit area along with internet new and used sales--leftlane.com--). He went the EXTRA MILE in doing everything in his power to get me into a new vehicle. Showroom and service facilties are first class operation. For several years Acura was crammed into an Infinity Dealer, but now have a very large Honda AND Acura Dealer next to each other. I overpaid for my car, but it was my fault, I was impatient and wanted it right then. I am working on negotiating a bird-dog fee with my salesman today, I have several referrals for RSX's on Monday...

Parts Department:
Staff is knowledgable about parts and accessories for my vehicles, being high performance auto enthusiasts sure helps.

Service Department:
Again a first class operation. Over the past 4 years there are 3 stellar S.A.'s, Tom, Ash and Karen. There has been a few people who have had the GM, Ford, Chrysler mentality about customer service and have been short lived in their career at Acura. Apparently their attitude was recognized by customers and management, and mysteriously, they are no longer employed there. Cheers to the management.
I had a tranny problem in my 1998 CL and it was replaced in 48 hours!!!!
My 2001 CL-S had the actuator problem. This also was replced and my vehicle back in less than 19 hours from the minute it was dropped off to back in the street (Parts needed to be ordered)

Acura client services:
They took 7 days to call be back with a resolution on a small problem with one prompting phone call from me at 4 days. This department could use a little better follow-up. I didnt demand overnight service, but better followup on a trivial problem would have been appreciated.

SUBURBAN ACURA DEFINITELY gets a 5 STAR rating in my book.

PS Being in high end car audio customer service for 10 years in Metro Detroit area, I learned a great deal about how you want to be treated. Simply put, be cool with your S.A.'s. Nothing irks me more than people who come in with a pre-meditated attitude to argue or expecting confrontation or demand warranty coverage on clearly menial or non-warranty work. I always used to tell my hot-headed customers."we'll do whatever it takes to get the problem taken care of, but first of all, YOU need to GET ALONG with someone here FIRST" These assholes need to get a life or try to find happiness in their own life instead of taking out their MISERABLISM on others.

Quick Reply: Good, Bad, Ugly Dealerships List