Going to court tomorrow

Search this Thread

Old 11-28-2001, 06:32 PM
aka davo-tsx

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Going to court tomorrow

First time I've gone to court for speeding. I usually pay the fine, but I don't want to blemish my good record now. I haven't had a ticket in over 6 years. Everyone is telling me to plead guilty and the judge will send me to traffic school to watch a video. The ticket will be torn up and dismissed. I just hope I'm not first and the judge wants to set an example.
Old 11-28-2001, 07:44 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Re: Going to court tomorrow

Originally posted by davo-cls
First time I've gone to court for speeding. I usually pay the fine, but I don't want to blemish my good record now. I haven't had a ticket in over 6 years. Everyone is telling me to plead guilty and the judge will send me to traffic school to watch a video. The ticket will be torn up and dismissed. I just hope I'm not first and the judge wants to set an example.
Been to traffic court many times. Whatever you do, don't leave the courtroom without really talking to the judge if things don't seem to be going your way. IOW, don't fail to ask the judge if he could dismiss the ticket or reduce it or ensure that it does not go on your record. Do not fail to ask the judge if he can send you to traffic court instead. If you are not quite sure what is happening or what is going to happen or what has just happened, "...excuse me your Honor, could you please...". Don't let whatever go unmentioned because you will later feel as though you missed the opportunity....