Ghetto looking CL I saw at a local Car Show

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2005, 12:48 PM
Zoom Zoom

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by VeeralS05
look @ those side mirrors

It took me a long time to figure out why in the 1st pic it was so huge, but the wax job is really good and the paint on the mirrors matches the windows. Really great job on the car
Old 03-21-2005, 01:00 PM
Blazin with your Moms in

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[QUOTE=goldmemberer]WTF d00d y wud u spen so much on da whells n cober haf ob it in da bak?????// an no stickars???

I've said before and I'll say it again. I despise the chromed out huge rimmed low rider rap culture influence on cars... and I still fucking love your car. That's how tastefully it's done. Keep that shit up.

QUOTE]

That is funny.. didnt know that hip-hop dictated what is hot! Stop blaming hip hop for people having ideas and being NON mainstream!

Remember, its not against the law to go against the grain!
Old 03-21-2005, 01:34 PM
givin the business

the draulics look real clean...it makes me want to juice mine...i hope my setup can be half as clean as yours
Old 03-21-2005, 03:18 PM
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Congrats Aaron, car looks good. Did you win anything?

My Uncle won 7 awards with his 37 Ford Cabriolet. It's bright orange on air with 18" wheels
Old 03-21-2005, 04:51 PM
Honkey

Originally Posted by joedokes28
Congrats Aaron, car looks good. Did you win anything?

My Uncle won 7 awards with his 37 Ford Cabriolet. It's bright orange on air with 18" wheels

I took best Import Tuner Honda and some other import plaque....not sure what that was for. I actually wasn't there for trophies. Anyhow, your Uncle's Ford was awesome. That's what you need to build next.
Old 03-21-2005, 07:37 PM
Drifting

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
the stuff behind the rear bumper is your flamethrower/mine dropper defense system right?

straight outta james bond, yo. hahaha

anyways i hope no one takes me seriously........looks crazy. nice job
Old 03-21-2005, 08:53 PM
Doin' da crack shuffle

Nice.

I love that suspension setup.
Old 03-21-2005, 09:50 PM
Crabcakes and Football!!!

Received 12 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Hay112
yeah i saw your post on offtopic too
me too
Old 03-21-2005, 10:30 PM
Girls luv me Guys hate me

Originally Posted by special e. dition
That is funny.. didnt know that hip-hop dictated what is hot! Stop blaming hip hop for people having ideas and being NON mainstream!

Remember, its not against the law to go against the grain!
WOW... Don't get mad because "Duran Duran" isn't dictating what is hot anymore. I'm sure the guy was being sarcastic anyways. EASE UP ON DA BROTHA HOMIE! LOL, JK
Old 03-22-2005, 01:47 PM
FWD tuna boat

Originally Posted by jz-97-c7
the draulics look real clean...it makes me want to juice mine...i hope my setup can be half as clean as yours

i would not install hydraulics on a daily driver...too bumpy and many problems. go with air suspension.

IMO, hydraulics on a 'show car' is a must.

Old 03-22-2005, 08:17 PM
Honkey

Originally Posted by andre
i would not install hydraulics on a daily driver...too bumpy and many problems. go with air suspension.

IMO, hydraulics on a 'show car' is a must.

You are so wrong. My car has never....I'll repeat...NEVER.... leaked a drop of oil. Not to mention with the introduction of accumulators the car rides absolutley smooth...MUCH better than air cylinders. THere are a ton of hydraulics installs out there that leak and break down all the time. MOst of the time it's install error, or using cheap parts. If it's done right, and you use quality parts, it can be completely reliable. Hydraulics are used every day on machinery with no problems...don't let some bad installs lead you to believe that it can't be done well. I had hydraulics on my old 1997 Accord...installed back in 1997 and they're still on that car today with over 150k miles on it. Very few problems at all...and most of the problems were installation error that I've learned from.

-Aaron
Old 03-22-2005, 08:32 PM
Advanced

Stop Hating! I think it looks good.
Old 03-22-2005, 08:49 PM
givin the business

Originally Posted by 4pumpedCL
You are so wrong. My car has never....I'll repeat...NEVER.... leaked a drop of oil. Not to mention with the introduction of accumulators the car rides absolutley smooth...MUCH better than air cylinders. THere are a ton of hydraulics installs out there that leak and break down all the time. MOst of the time it's install error, or using cheap parts. If it's done right, and you use quality parts, it can be completely reliable. Hydraulics are used every day on machinery with no problems...don't let some bad installs lead you to believe that it can't be done well. I had hydraulics on my old 1997 Accord...installed back in 1997 and they're still on that car today with over 150k miles on it. Very few problems at all...and most of the problems were installation error that I've learned from.

-Aaron

thanks for jumping in for me dude. i don't hang out in the second gen side that often, so i miss things. nontheless, when i do juice mine i'll be using red's components and accumulators are a must. i'm not bad with suspension so i'll be doing it myself (with a couple friends of course) but i'm not afraid to take my time to do it right. the only thing i'm not going to be great at is all the hardlining, i'll just get the hoses made at a shop so the connections won't leak. but like i said before, i love your car. i've seen it a few times around the net
Old 03-23-2005, 08:49 AM
FWD tuna boat

Originally Posted by 4pumpedCL

-Aaron

well, i've had switches in the past, 4pumps...8batteries, all work done at Red's Miami, and still had issues that had NOTHING to do with installation or quality of parts (solenoids, seals, bushings, ruptured gas line, etc.) ...but i probably abused them a bit (hopping, dancing, shaking, etc.) on an 85 regal. my friends with switches all had MORE problems than i did because they maxed the voltage (blown motor, hoses, bent pistons, ball joint, driveshaft).

on the contrary, i know 3 people that have air suspension and have not had a single problem, but then again, they dont hop or do anything crazy because you cant.

if you just use it for shows, or really baby the hydraulics, you shouldnt have problems. when you start hopping and really moving, that's when problems happen. and imports are horrible for hydraulics...you need a strong chassis. my friend's honda civic buckled...and another's rear wheel fell completely off. i would do it again ONLY IF it were on a show car.

My boy's 4pumped Accord:
Old 03-23-2005, 02:34 PM
Honkey

Well it looks like you've already set your opinion of hydraulics in stone. I have 40k miles on my juice in the acura. 4 pumps all running and 48 volts with zero problems. I have half a dozen friends with cars that are driven every day with no problems. We don't dance the cars, don't hop them, don't abuse then....so we don't break anything. Again, installation and quality parts are what make or break an install...but then again, abusing them will break them as well. I know plenty of reputable shops that still do lousy installs and use inadequate parts to save costs. We all use prohopper pumps and competition triple seal cylinders, Parker 1/2" check valves, Parker 21ci accumulators, all Stainless Steel hardline with matched flares to fittings. Prestolite solenoids blocks but gut the cheap solenoids and replace them with HD ford starter solenoids. We use proper guage wiring, run all the switches at 24v and never run the pumps over 60v. This combination has proved to be extremely reliable, ride like a Caddy, and leak free. A honda chassis works really well with hydraulics as long as you're not abusive....
Old 03-23-2005, 02:52 PM
FWD tuna boat

my opinion is only because i've been through it...had switches for 3 years and got really tired of them. i told myself that if i'd go with adjustable suspension, i'd do air, but to each his own.

i would love to have switches again, preferrably on an 80s Cadi coupe, but only for a show car.

nice to hear of a good story with hydraulics for a change.

why didnt you just 2pump? i chose 4pump for dancing, 3wheel, etc...