FYI On Fumoto Valve for Acura CL-S

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2002, 03:42 PM
Banned

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
FYI On Fumoto Valve for Acura CL-S

The Drain Plug & Adapter that they Sent WILL NOT WORK. Adapter is couple thread turns too Short; it hits the notched lip of the OIL PAIN.

For those that say they've gotten it on their car; i'm wandering which Adapter you got.

http://www.fumotovalve.com/
Old 07-20-2002, 06:21 PM
Banned

Re: FYI On Fumoto Valve for Acura CL-S

You'll NEED the #ADL106 Adaptor for our car, which is 3/8"

FUMOTO is sending one Right out !

Fast Response.
Old 07-20-2002, 09:42 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats a neat product. I saw a Fram commercial featuring a valve and hose and was wondering if such a thing existed for our cars, and I guess this is it.
Old 07-20-2002, 09:52 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I'm assuming that you need a new crush washer when you install this...am I right?
Old 07-20-2002, 11:14 PM
Banned

NO

It comes with everything you need, Washers included. This should make it so I don't even have to Jack up my Car to Change the Oil. I can reach my oil filter, with Turning my Wheel. This NIFFTY Little Device, just makes life easier--if you like to change your own oil.

Remember: you'll need: #ADL106 Adaptor

Originally posted by Slimey
I'm assuming that you need a new crush washer when you install this...am I right?
Old 07-21-2002, 04:35 AM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Re: FYI On Fumoto Valve for Acura CL-S

Originally posted by caddy
The Drain Plug & Adapter that they Sent WILL NOT WORK. Adapter is couple thread turns too Short; it hits the notched lip of the OIL PAIN.

For those that say they've gotten it on their car; i'm wandering which Adapter you got.

http://www.fumotovalve.com/
NICE!!!!
If I changed my own oil, I'd get one!!!!
But I am a lazy bastard!!!!
Old 07-21-2002, 05:03 AM
Registered Member

I have a TLS, probably use the same part number. But i was wondering since our cars our lowered, are we at risk of breaking these off while driving?
Old 07-21-2002, 08:58 AM
Banned

It's NOT Likely: the Valve Just extends toward the rear of the car, but I would imagine there is a WORSE case scenerio however.

Originally posted by AcuraTLSFan
I have a TLS, probably use the same part number. But i was wondering since our cars our lowered, are we at risk of breaking these off while driving?
Old 07-21-2002, 09:33 AM
Where is my super sauce?

The web site said to not get the valve with the external nipple if your car is lowered.
Old 07-21-2002, 10:11 AM
Registered Member

I'm just talking about the one without the nipple. I know i take out the underside of my car when i go over speed bumps...

WORSE case scenerio:
U driving down the street at 45MPH, ohh crap...a speed bump or a dip, slam on brakes, takes a 15mph hit....*valve broke, oil leaking*...you in the car, thank god u didn't break anything. U have the music on, talking to ur friends....oil pressure lights goes on, temp gauge goes up...u too busy talking to friends to notice...even if you did notice the oil pressure light. *oil all gone now* you probably think it's nothing major, you probably won't look at it til you get home..you get home find out ur valve is missing, you pray oil is still there...but it isn't...ur engine cracks...you take to dealer, but they have no sympathy for u. you talk to futmotovalue....they won't take responsibiblty because u lowered ur car. Now ur stuck with a 10,000 tab. just because u wanted to change ur oil faster and cleaner, and u just had bad luck with the speed bump or dip
Old 07-21-2002, 03:05 PM
The Screeching Toyo's

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by AcuraTLSFan
I'm just talking about the one without the nipple. I know i take out the underside of my car when i go over speed bumps...

WORSE case scenerio:
U driving down the street at 45MPH, ohh crap...a speed bump or a dip, slam on brakes, takes a 15mph hit....*valve broke, oil leaking*...you in the car, thank god u didn't break anything. U have the music on, talking to ur friends....oil pressure lights goes on, temp gauge goes up...u too busy talking to friends to notice...even if you did notice the oil pressure light. *oil all gone now* you probably think it's nothing major, you probably won't look at it til you get home..you get home find out ur valve is missing, you pray oil is still there...but it isn't...ur engine cracks...you take to dealer, but they have no sympathy for u. you talk to futmotovalue....they won't take responsibiblty because u lowered ur car. Now ur stuck with a 10,000 tab. just because u wanted to change ur oil faster and cleaner, and u just had bad luck with the speed bump or dip
DAYUM DOOOD!!!! I CRINGED when I read that!!!! That is one of those HORROR stories you tell late at night around a camp fire while camping!!! SCARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 07-21-2002, 04:17 PM
Banned

Yea

I'd say that about covers the "WORSE CASE SCENERIO" Thing.

Visualize if you will the Bolt on your Oil Pan. The Drain Plug, just because it "STICKs OUT", unlike the DRAIN PLUG, makes it more vulnerable, but if you hit something like what your describing, I think even if you didn't have this Drain PLUG, you'd be pulling over to the side of the road and trying to get under the car to see what you hit.

If you got the radio too load to feel vibration of that sort: your screwed from the start anyhow now aren't you ?
Old 07-21-2002, 06:52 PM
Where is my super sauce?

I agree with Caddy, your worst case scenario is scary, but would be just as scary with a bolt instead of a valve. If your oil pan is already scraping cement, you already have a dangerous situation.