Freaking Golf Balls!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2006, 04:30 PM
IM4Citadel

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freaking Golf Balls!

Here's what happened. I went to the local MUNI course with a bunch of guys from school and parked the car in the middle, dead middle, of the lot. When I came back from 18 holes I have a fucking huge welt and cracked rear windshield. Now obviously I can't go searching for the asshole who hit my car, but I am talking to some people and they have suggested to complain and ask the Golf course itself to pay. I went to the lot and could not find any signs that state "Park at your own risk" and if its there it is not very visible. Do you guys think that I should do this or does it seem like I'm being a petulant bitch?

PS - I'll get some nice pics soon
Old 06-06-2006, 04:37 PM
Burning Brakes

Ouch..that must hurt. Try to get the golf place to pay for the damage.
Old 06-06-2006, 05:01 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

Get dem bitches to pay!
Old 06-06-2006, 05:08 PM
I have Lucy tied up in

Years back, my father was playing golf only to come back and find a huge hole through the windshield of his brand new 1988 Jaguar XJ sedan and the golf ball came to rest on the driver's seat! Needless to say, he was a bit pissed when he came back home, driving the few miles back to the house with his head stuck out of the window like a dog, because that was the only way he could see anything!
Old 06-06-2006, 08:26 PM
Pro

Yea man you deffinitely gotta watch for that shit. Was the driving range somewhat pointed at the parking lot or was this a errant shot from the golf course?? I love golf and i always watch for that type of thing when I go to courses.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:16 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Damn, that sucks. Sorry to hear about this.
Old 06-06-2006, 10:38 PM
01 CLS

oh man, that really sucks! hope it works out for u
Old 06-07-2006, 12:03 AM
2002 CL Type S

Originally Posted by El Cid Acura
Here's what happened. I went to the local MUNI course with a bunch of guys from school and parked the car in the middle, dead middle, of the lot. When I came back from 18 holes I have a fucking huge welt and cracked rear windshield. Now obviously I can't go searching for the asshole who hit my car, but I am talking to some people and they have suggested to complain and ask the Golf course itself to pay. I went to the lot and could not find any signs that state "Park at your own risk" and if its there it is not very visible. Do you guys think that I should do this or does it seem like I'm being a petulant bitch?

PS - I'll get some nice pics soon
I would definatly report it..
My x was a golf-pro and I believe the course is responsible if something happens to cars if there isnt a sign! Besides.. I wouldnt be suprised if its happened before if the parking lot is where anyones car can get hit! Sucks but I hope things work out for u!
Old 06-07-2006, 12:55 AM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

had the same thing happen to my wifes 05 corolla 2 weeks ago except there wasn't a golf course or range anywhere! Just a random dumbass throwing golfballs smashed her back window and 3 other cars that were parked. Got it fixed but getting all the glass cleaned is your biggest challenge cuz no matter what, that shit will get into everything, even in the fabric of the backseat, speakers...etc. Unless your windows are tinted and it held in place than you're all good.
Old 06-07-2006, 08:52 AM
Solving Probs World Wide

That sucks man! The same thing happened to me years ago in S.F. by Harding Park. Someone hit a ball and it went over the fence and put a nice dent in the roof of my Honda Prelude. I called the golf course to complain and have them take care of it. They told me that they were not responsible and I needed to find the person that hit the ball. Needless to say I was mad and stuck with a dent in my car.

Good luck with the golf course. Hopefully you get them to pay!
Old 06-07-2006, 10:15 AM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
make that golf course pay for it since they didn't cover their asses with a warning sign. that'll show them. man up to do it then update soon...
Old 06-08-2006, 10:26 AM
IM4Citadel

Sooooo Pissed!!!

Well got back from the golf course where my car got violated and the word from the manager is that the course can not pay for the damages. They claim that it is a known fact that a golf course parking lot is always a risk area. I told him that my attorney maybe contacting him. I tried to be as reserved and calm as possible, but I was just so fired up. Even worse my boy at the tuning shop called me back with the price for the body work and glass. He saids that the body work they will just knock out for me, but the price of the rear windshield they can't do anything about $280 for the car to be where it was. Should I get an attorney?
Old 06-08-2006, 10:51 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
If you have a friend that's a lawyer, ask them. But from what I've read, there is a reasonable assumption of risk parking your car in a golf course parking lot.

If you could prove that the design of the course tended to cause errant shots to end up in the parking lot, that would help. But we're talking $$$$ for golf course design experts to prove the design is faulty.

Pay the bill and move on.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:08 AM
says "hello to my TLX".

Received 17 Likes on 15 Posts
double to that.^
at this point, i would just start finding the best rear glass quote. lotsa luck, bro.
Old 06-08-2006, 11:32 AM
Team Owner

The course won’t pay unless it is a PRIVATE course.
I had a windshield taken out of my Daytona Shelby back in the early 90’s when I was driving past a course.
Scared the SHEET out of me, I thought the car had been shot or something.
It didn’t cave in, but the entire windshield spidered out to the edges.
I pulled over and ran up and found the guy that hit the shot.
Got his name & info and his homeowners insurance paid to fix my car.
He tried to push it off on the course, but I called and they said since it was a public course every golfer was responsible for his shots.

I actually live across the street from a golf course now and I regularly find balls in the street and down by the garage.
That’s why if I have to park outside I pull all the way up by the house to minimize the chances of a hit.
Never got hit by one driving by the house, but I have seen them bounce on the road in front of me
Old 06-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
Originally Posted by Shawn S
The course won’t pay unless it is a PRIVATE course.
I had a windshield taken out of my Daytona Shelby back in the early 90’s when I was driving past a course.
Scared the SHEET out of me, I thought the car had been shot or something.
It didn’t cave in, but the entire windshield spidered out to the edges.
I pulled over and ran up and found the guy that hit the shot.
Got his name & info and his homeowners insurance paid to fix my car.
He tried to push it off on the course, but I called and they said since it was a public course every golfer was responsible for his shots.

I actually live across the street from a golf course now and I regularly find balls in the street and down by the garage.
That’s why if I have to park outside I pull all the way up by the house to minimize the chances of a hit.
Never got hit by one driving by the house, but I have seen them bounce on the road in front of me
WTF, that's just dangerous. What if kids are playing in the neighborhood and get hit by golf balls? Do they not have a net high enough to prevent this??