Fluids

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 10:24 PM
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Fluids

Dear members;

I have a quick question, actually two ..hhmmm

1. "Lucas" for automatic transmission, I dont think it will harm it, but it should work well since it will make the oil thicker.......what do you think?

2. How do I know if I should change my coolant fluid?, maybe after awhile it wont cool the engine as it should....

3. Is it safe to put "Lucas" ........this time, for the engine......so, it will stop klik klik klik ....like all Hondas do
Old 03-22-2007, 10:45 PM
Uses turn signals in my

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
1. if your car is still under 109k miles, I would not add anything to the transmission except honda ATF, because if your tranny goes, it is said that they check the tranny fluid to see if there was any non honda fluids in there and might void your free tranny replacement if there are.

3. My friend put lucas in his integra and he was satisfied with the results. I'd recommend SeaFoam as well, I've used it on many of my friends/families vehicles with positive results and many users on this forum swear by it. Not sure which klik klik kilk your talking about though.
Old 03-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Intermediate

Fluids

Thanx for your reply AMIGO

Well my car does not fall under the warranty, because of particular VINs ...Acura does not qualify. Even that the car has only 104 k, too bad.

Anyways, thank you again for your respond
Old 03-23-2007, 04:35 PM
666 Speed

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by arkadiusz
Thanx for your reply AMIGO

Well my car does not fall under the warranty, because of particular VINs ...Acura does not qualify. Even that the car has only 104 k, too bad.

Anyways, thank you again for your respond

If it goes before 109, I think that you still might be able to get it replaced. If i remember correctly, a few members said that the dealer did it under good will when they were not covered...
Old 03-23-2007, 05:18 PM
Advanced

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
the click click click moght be the purge control solenoid. how is your gas milage?? i read a few posts about it and it is a cheap fix and it will elimnate the clicking from the engine.
Old 03-23-2007, 11:18 PM
Blown is Best

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
In regards to your coolant question:

If you've got 109K miles, have you ever replaced your timing belt? It's recommened that you change it at 105K miles. At the time you do your timing belt, you should change your water pump which will get your coolant replaced at that time.

I don't remember the coolant inverval change but it's in your owners manual and is a drain and refill.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:47 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by TCM 01 CL-S
1. if your car is still under 109k miles, I would not add anything to the transmission except honda ATF, because if your tranny goes, it is said that they check the tranny fluid to see if there was any non honda fluids in there and might void your free tranny replacement if there are.

I don't know for sure, but unless it was really obvious that the wrong fluid was in the tranny (like motor oil vs tranny fluid) I doubt they could tell the difference. You'd need a gas-spectrometer to tell the difference between honda fluid and Dex III Merc; and I bet picking out and determining the type of additive (and proving it isn't just impurities or dirt in the fluid) would probably be even tougher.

However, if anybody has actually had a dealer deny a claim for using other than Honda fluid (or additives) I'd love to know. I'm on my first tranny (60K miles) and have been unable to get it repaired since I'm outside the US. I had to add a little Dex III Merc to my honda fluid to keep the fluid level in the green. If they deny my warrantee for 8oz of Dex III Merc - I may drive it through the showroom window, hand them the keys, and tell them to keep it!
Old 03-26-2007, 01:13 PM
Intermediate

Thanx to all replies

Well well well, its nice to see people responding to different questions....cause who else will help us if not us helping eachother....thanx
Old 03-26-2007, 01:16 PM
Intermediate

Could you explain how?

Originally Posted by jacked18
the click click click moght be the purge control solenoid. how is your gas milage?? i read a few posts about it and it is a cheap fix and it will elimnate the clicking from the engine.
Well my mechanic told me that a thicker oil will do ......should eliminate the sound

Thanx Chief.....
Old 03-26-2007, 02:18 PM
Racer

I add the "lucas trans fix" after each trans fluid change. Plus I get the trans flushed by acura so they can't say anything if the trans goes out. I 've done it twice now since my first trans replacement at 54,000. If it helps or not we shall see. I do drive aggressively and take my car to the dragstrip once in awhile so I thought I would try to help protect it. Lucas makes great products that they test under severe conditions so it must help something. I do notice that the shifts are alittle more postive and crisp. I also use their synthetic oil additive in the summer oil changes.
Old 03-26-2007, 03:56 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Originally Posted by arkadiusz
Well my mechanic told me that a thicker oil will do ......should eliminate the sound

Thanx Chief.....
The ticking you hear may not be motor related and may be the purge control solenoid. Thickening up the oil wont do any thing for that, nor for ticking valves if thats what it actually is. What weight oil are you using? You may want to try running seafoam thru the engine and crankcase
Old 03-26-2007, 09:27 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by fsttyms1
The ticking you hear may not be motor related and may be the purge control solenoid. Thickening up the oil wont do any thing for that, nor for ticking valves if thats what it actually is. What weight oil are you using? You may want to try running seafoam thru the engine and crankcase

That is what I will be going to do ..Thanx ,

respectfully
Old 03-26-2007, 09:39 PM
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Louie11
I add the "lucas trans fix" after each trans fluid change. Plus I get the trans flushed by acura so they can't say anything if the trans goes out. I 've done it twice now since my first trans replacement at 54,000. If it helps or not we shall see. I do drive aggressively and take my car to the dragstrip once in awhile so I thought I would try to help protect it. Lucas makes great products that they test under severe conditions so it must help something. I do notice that the shifts are alittle more postive and crisp. I also use their synthetic oil additive in the summer oil changes.
thanx for your input........

I used Lucas on other cars and for sure the trany runs much smoother.....