A few runs...

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2004, 10:04 AM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
A few runs...

Wow, what a difference this car and my old riced out (it wasn't me) Civic make!

I drive a lot to Michigan so there will probably be quite a few more races.

I was cruising down I94 at about 80-85mph and I saw this Jaguar S type closing onto me pretty quickly. I didn't see if it was the V8 or V6, but I know it wasn't the 2004 one, so by juding the race, I guess it was a 2002ish V8.

I slowed down to 75 and moved over to the right. As he was trying to pass me, I sped up a little and he got the hint. He stomped it and so did I. He got a little headstart but I made that up pretty quickly. From about 90 to 140mph we were dead even, and I slowed down because there was traffic.

Wow, I would have never gone THAT fast if I had known that I was going that fast. I was looking the RPMS and as I looked over it said 140 so I slowed down. That was the fastest I had ever gone with any car.

The guy kept on speeding, but I slowed back down to 80.

Then this new Mazda 3 hatchback was speeding up behind me just like the Jaguar did at first. I let him pass me and as he was passing me at about 100mph, I stayed right on him. He moved to the right and I passed him and he got behind me. I stomped it and he did too, I slowly moved away from him.

I was REALLY impressed with that Mazda. Those little 2.3L 4 cylinder engines make really nice power.

And lastly, I was going to dinner with my girlfriend yesterday. The light in front of me was turning red and there was a car in the right lane and I saw a Camaro with a custom hood behind me. I sped up and passed the guy in the right lane and moved over. I stopped way before the line to see what it was and I saw the SS. Looked at my girlfriend and said "that guy would rape me" and turned the VSA off. I eased off the line and slowly accelerated as did he. I was a car length ahead of him going about 40 when all of the sudden I hear his loud ass engine and a little chirp. As he's passing me I gun it. He's about a car lenght in front of me and we stay like this til about 70 and I slow down because there was a red light in front of us. As I'm making my stop the light turns green and he nails it. I slowly ease off the lane and slowly accelerate to 45 as he's making a fool of himself. (I know my limits, and I wasn't gonna race this guy in front of my girlfriend from a stop) I can could see that guy going "wtf is that thing doing keeping up with me" when we had that little run. I bet he thought he'd whoop my ass.

I came to the conclusion that this car woluld be a riot with some mods.

People just seem to want to race me.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:14 PM
Drifting

Received 15 Likes on 15 Posts
nice runs. Take it easy with the 140 runs though. I had a nice, brief run on sat night. came up to a stop light next to a blue civic si (older body style). He was revving his engine pretty loud, so when the light turned green, i took off easy for about 10 ft, then nailed it and shot by him. He took off when the light turned green, but i caught him right away. the best part was i passed him right as i was at the top of 2nd gear, so i know my car was nice and loud when i shot by.
Old 07-26-2004, 03:30 PM
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Believe me, if I would have known that I was going 140, I would have backed off a long time before that. It just felt so smooth, I would have never guessed it was going 140! It felt like going 50 with my old Civic.

Nice run against the SI. I forgot to say that this blue SI with a muffler was revving on me on the way back from the dealership. That street always seems to be full of cops though so I didn't wanna run him.