Fan control module? Plz read I need ur assistance

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2015, 04:15 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Received 138 Likes on 124 Posts
Fan control module? Plz read I need ur assistance

So I have been having more than my fair share of issues.

The rad fan will come on high when the engine is warmed up if I turn the car off. It will only do this once the engine is at temp. I replaced the thermostat and all the coolant and bled system for half hour and fulled then reservoir to max level. So I now the car is not overheating.

I thought it may be a fan switch but because it only happens when the car warms up.

BUT I drove the car 2 hrs up north and when I got there I turned the car off and it did not do it! That night I drove to dinner about 6 hours later and the car was bone cold inside and out, motor warmed up as usual and after the 15 min drive I parked it and the rad fan went off again once I shut the car off. It does this even if the rad fan is not running before turning the car off.

So I drove home today another 2 hours and when I got home it once again did not come on. So.. I started the car back up and left it idling for 20 mins to see if it would overheat or get a fan switch to stay closed and keep the rad fan on.

Nope the rad fan stayed off as it always has the last 5 years I've driven the car.

The only thing I can relate to the symptom is the inside of the car was really warm. The only component relating to the fan timing/rad fan. Is the fan control module.

I am basically wondering if I should buy this module for 260 and see if that fixes the issue. Because everything else seems to be working normally.

When the car is on the rad fan comes on when it should and turns off, the condenser fan works as it should.

The car is giving me no code at all and I think it likely would if it was a sensor no?

So if you were me what would you do? Thanks for taking the time to read this fellas, I'm am all ears this time. Unlike the usual when I am stubborn and just do what I wanna do anyways.

So I appreciate the input... Thank you
Old 03-09-2015, 02:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 3,063 Likes on 2,119 Posts
Pull the 2 little supports that hold the top of the radiator to the upper radiator support and pull the radiator away from the condenser. Look between the 2 of them and see if its clogged with dirt/debris.
Old 03-09-2015, 09:56 PM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Now that it has warmed up the car is working normally.... Soo.. I guess I am going to keep an eye on her and if it acts up I will have to re investigate... Fingers are crossed... Maybe something will go my way with this car. Lol
Old 04-20-2015, 02:01 PM
Drifting

Received 481 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by fsttyms1
Pull the 2 little supports that hold the top of the radiator to the upper radiator support and pull the radiator away from the condenser. Look between the 2 of them and see if its clogged with dirt/debris.
Hi, That could be a coolant temperature sensor issue. I had similar symptoms over the winter. The fans would come on when I start the car, then turning on more than normal, as if it was summer time, and then stay on when I turn off the car (turning off at some point). Changed the coolant temperature sensor and now operates normal.
Old 04-21-2015, 06:31 AM
lowrd on tein CS biatch

Car has been perfect in that regard since i did a coolant flush, changed the thermostat and the weather got better..

My car is a moody woman I swear. If it does not get enough attention it acts up.

Lately it has gotten the attention so it's kept its shit in line. So I am going to drive it and then when it has another major issue. It's time to move on. This car is becoming a sink hole I hate to say it. With any luck my 15 issues will be all the fixes needed to keep her for 3 more years and then my next car can be the one I want. Which one that is... I have a few in mind so I don't know lol