F#$king hit and run!

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2004, 05:27 PM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
F#$king hit and run!

Well not my CL thank god but my wife's Paseo. Why the fuk do some people fuk other people's property up and just take off. Damn, i swear some people shouldn't be driving or at least have some decency. I think I may take off work one day just to wait and see if I find the car that hit my wife's ride. I'm pretty sure they have to pass through this street. Sucks tho, my wife called me crying that someone hit her car. This is exactly why I refuse to let her drive the CL and sucks they don't even have employee parking!!? Her car is gonna look fuked when they fix it cuz the paint is kinda fading already and I'm sure when they fix the whole drivers side and repaint, that side will look new and the rest of the car will look like shit.Anyway, just had to rant. What would you guys do if you hit a car and no one was around? Do you run or do you at least leave a note?
Old 06-09-2004, 05:35 PM
registered pw

Received 354 Likes on 252 Posts
leave a note. i would get pissed at someone who didnt leave one
Old 06-09-2004, 06:17 PM
G
Bitten.

Originally Posted by dallison
leave a note. i would get pissed at someone who didnt leave one
even if I was a witness, I would leave a note saying so-and-so hit your car.
Old 06-09-2004, 09:39 PM
Health's Angels

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
yeah, leave a note, but with someone's name and address you want to get even with
Old 06-09-2004, 09:52 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Sorry to hear that.

Yeah, like everyone else, I would leave a note, even if I was a witness.

This kind of reminds me of a funny sotry though. My dad has a fire alarm/security company so hes got techs on the road all the time. One morning one of the guys is in Newark, NJ picking up some equipment and it was raining out. The tech is making a left so he's slightly in the intersection when a guy runs a red light and hits the van, spinning him. He caught him in the rear quarter panel as he tried to go foward to avoid getting hit but didn't. SO he gets out the van to check the damage and he sees the guys plate laying on the ground near the rear wheel. The front plate fell off the car!! Needless to say they picked the guy up a little later and sue enough he was drunk and barely knew what happened. Sorry to hijack your thread. :o Hopefully everything works out for your wifes car. You may be able to get the whole car painted for just a little bit more as most of the mcost is prep work, which they already have to do anyways.
Old 06-09-2004, 10:00 PM
Be Strong AND Courageous!

Received 43 Likes on 34 Posts
Hope everything works out ok...hopefully they can paint the whole car....
Old 06-10-2004, 01:29 AM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

thanks guys, I'll prob stop by the shop tomorrow to see the damage myself. I guess I'd rather dish out the $$$ for them to repaint the whole car rather than having it look like shit. Too bad too cuz this car was in great shape and we were already looking to sell it to buy our family car. Hope the accident doesn't affect resale too bad.
Old 06-10-2004, 02:15 AM
Instructor

TypeS_boi - chill out baby ... whenever crap like this happens... think of your own and your family's health first... - if no harm - thank GOD... relax and assess the situation... You're a man - so you know... it's 'only money' ... Once my wife's x5 got hit by a small shitmobile.. but the hit was direct into the front axle... OUCH... When I exhaled that wifey was ok... I came out to meet her and low & behold... there was a bimmer.. with the dangling front wheel [when the same happened to my CLs - seeing it - is like someone ripping your heart out... - thos body shop guys are MIRACLES in the making ..], so my wife was standing near her bimmer with the front bumper all in tact... but detahced.. and she was holding it.. like you do a big catch/fish... ... I wish I'd have a cell camera phone... I almost shit my pants... ..
Re. your fading paint... perhaps it's time to reward your wifey with something... with a 'newer' paint.... tisk tisk... ....
Old 06-10-2004, 08:33 AM
CL-S retired 10.17.06

sorry guys, i forgot to mention that she wasn't in the car! Patek007...i almost felt heartless for a sec! Yea of course family comes first. The car was just sitting out in the street when it happened. Sorry to here about your x5, yeamost shops do excellent work, just not sure of the place she took it to. I was kinda upset cuz she told me after she had already talked to AAA, adjuster and shop and left me out of the picture. I would have preferred to knwo sooner so I could have taken it to another shop where I know they would have painted the whole car w/o the extra $$$ charge. I understand what you're saying...its just a car.
Old 06-10-2004, 08:37 AM
Moderator Alumnus

i hate people sometimes...
Old 06-10-2004, 11:25 AM
Dragging knees in

Received 32 Likes on 21 Posts
My car got hit last Friday while parked on the street. The girl hit it really good, then proceeded to run off. Luckily for me, my buddy was backing out of the driveway and saw the whole thing.

$1003.63 preliminary estimate, and she got a ticket from the police. Even the cop was ticked off. He was like, "My dad just bought a Chevy 2500, and someone hit it on the side and ran off. I do not feel bad at all writing out tickets for hit and run."

Either way, if I hit a car, I would definitely leave a note. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I just ran off.
Old 06-10-2004, 11:42 AM
Team Owner

Originally Posted by YuppieCL
i hate people sometimes...
Moses, are you sure your old girlfriend wasn’t in the bay area when this happened ???