EVERYONE: Ridiculousness #2

Search this Thread

Old 09-14-2002, 06:00 PM
Resident DJ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am definitely not buying another Honda/Acura Product unless things change significantly. I like my CL a lot, but I just expected it to stay "new" feeling for a little longer. I'm probably gonna go with MB on my next vehicle.

It's going to be interesting to see how the various car companies evolve over the next decade. With Chrysler hooking up with Mercedes (they are building that new chrysler Roadster in Germany you know!), CHryslers might be looking to change their image. Stranger things have happened. Look at how Japanese cars were back in the 1970's. Total Crap through and through. Now they are the "most reliable" (supposedly). Who knows how it's going to be 10, 20, even 30 years from now.

Ramble finished.
Old 09-16-2002, 09:11 PM
Addicted to Honda

what dealer services ur car?
suburban treats me just fine.
Old 09-17-2002, 06:03 AM
Registered Member

I have a CAI and i was gonna bring in my car soon because of high noise comming from the glove compartment when the AC is on...but after reading this nonsense $hit, i did some research...and there is one good arguement i found.

"On the subject of durability, performance modifications that have been engineered to meet emission standards and used prudently should not effect the overall durability of your vehicle. To clarify this, an engine that was designed to make 300 horsepower is not likely to live as long at 400, but how often is the 400 horsepower actually utilized over, let's say, 100,000 miles? This,
however, is driver related.

Common sense would dictate that the addition of a performance exhaust system should not void the factory warranty on an air conditioning unit, but when it comes to the dealer's understanding of the law, common sense might not carry the day.
"

If the CAI only does add around 8 HP PEAK GAIN...how often do you use the entire 260+8 = 268 HP which is at 6500 RPM...Driving on the freeway for 30 min at 80 MPH at 2250 RPM in 5th gear and having ur tranny die is no worse than driving on the freeway for 30 min at 80 MPH at 5000 RPM in 3rd gear.

It's funny how the service dept will void our warrenty for having a CAI when i walk into their parts department and they sell a CAI for the older intergras. I'm not willing to pay you 600 for a CAI which i can get for 200.

If they do void your warrenty....get it in writing...tell them to write down the problem and how they think the aftermarket part caused the problem...under the MM law u can sue them, and if you do lose the case, they may have to pay for ur court/attorney fees.

The MM law doesn't only apply to cars, it applys to anything that cost more than $10, washer , dryer, speaker...whatever has a warrenty. What i also read is those cheaper non-oem refill/generic inkjet cartriages work the same way at 1/8 of the cost..they can't void ur warrenty unless the in cartriagde itself is the problem.
Old 09-17-2002, 08:27 AM
Banned

Wow, i really really am at a loss for words here. as i was reading the transcript of the conversation, my stress level started to go up and my blood pressure started to rise....its just so sad how they are trying to cover up this tranny issue. In spite of the fact that my tranny has yet to fail (ive only got 8000 miles on my ride) i am 100% behind everyone who has had a tranny failure and would be happy to contribute to any effort to curb this rediculous behavior on the part of Honda/Acura. I think the best idea ive heard yet is getting a list of EVERY SINGLE TRANNY FAILURE from the CL boards, the TL boards, **********, AccordV6, all of them..with names, car type, mileage of failure.....then not only send it to acuras president BUT SEND IT TO SOME OF THE MAJOR NEWS ORGINAZATIONS AS WELL TO SHOW THE ABSOLUTE DISREGARD FOR CUSTOMERS!!! this is insane, its getting truely out of hand. Another milwaukee area CL driver i know (Roell on this message board) had his tranny fail a few weeks ago and hes got headers, intake, and AEM pullies....well, i was nervous that he would be given a hard time by the dealer but thankfully and luckily, they replaced it with no questioning of the mods. so i feel relatively safe that if my tranny dies, i wont be dealing with this lunacy that RockDog is suffering. But i really feel for all you guys that get a hard time about these issues, its sad sad sad.
Old 09-17-2002, 10:03 AM
Honkey

Mr RockDog,

I am so shocked to hear you've been treated like this. When my transmission went out I called Acura Client Services and they treated me like a king. I explained to them that my car was a highly modified show vehicle and actually received special treatment because of that. The guy told me that since I did such a positive job of promoting the CL in car shows and magazines, they considered me one of their most valued customers. They bumped me ahead of 15 other people waiting for transmissions, they reimbursed me for 2 months car payments and insurance, and they called me at least once a week to make sure I was happy with everything. I will do my best to come up with the name of the guy I talked with and refer you to him. Good luck.

-Aaron
Old 09-17-2002, 01:16 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

Keep up the pressure "Doggie"
Old 09-17-2002, 02:55 PM
Instructor

any 1st gen with tranny problems?
i got my car from carmax with 4year/70k warranty and they told me that CAI/exhaust..etc will void my warranty....im all paranoid now..

dp
Old 09-17-2002, 03:21 PM
FvCK KNvCKLE

Originally posted by adfeek28
what dealer services ur car?
suburban treats me just fine.
Up until this issue. Troy has treated me very good as well. I have had all service performed there. And was always treated with the utmost respect and kindness.

footnote: There recently was a "changing of the guard" if you will. In the Troy service department. A long time, very knowledgable and helpful service advisor Debbie, is no longer there. Since she left (or ask to leave) I have witnessed a drop in customer service. Things like doing away with scheduled oil changes. The new guy thinks Acura customer would rather drive in and wait 60-90 minutes for an oil change, rather than scheduling an appointment and being out of there in less than 30.

What a maroon! -Bugs Bunny