Old 04-26-2004, 10:52 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts
er error1 in cd player

wont play wont eject...any fix?
Old 04-26-2004, 11:08 AM
DC Cruiser

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
I got an "error 1" message after loading a burned music CD w/ adhesive label. The CD jammed, and I had to have my CD player replaced-

No fix that I know of-
Old 04-26-2004, 11:21 AM
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thats happened to me like 3 or 4 times. Its always the adhesive label from a burnt cd. Easy fix - get a pair of needle noise pliers - select the cd that is jammed and slowly pull it out. Its just an error - its not broken.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:23 AM
Advanced

ahaha, sorry - needle nose pliers ....
Old 04-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Senior Moderator

Originally posted by DCnativeTS6
Thats happened to me like 3 or 4 times. Its always the adhesive label from a burnt cd. Easy fix - get a pair of needle noise pliers - select the cd that is jammed and slowly pull it out. Its just an error - its not broken.
i did that once with a cd that didnt eject all the way but i dont see a cd this time to pull out...
Old 04-26-2004, 11:40 AM
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't know about just pulling it out, but usually when I get a CD stuck in there if you just push on it (I usually use my keys) it'll come right out. Probably better to try that first rather than pulling.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
I had that happen to me. Nothing short of opeing the player up would get them out. They were jammed. I had to have it replaced. Then wait 4 months to get my CD's back.
Old 04-26-2004, 11:53 AM
Advanced

Originally posted by typeR
i did that once with a cd that didnt eject all the way but i dont see a cd this time to pull out...
I had that happen the second time I got one stuck. When you hit the cd number - the 'door' slides open - then you get the error code - then it proceeds to the next cd. When it does do that - hit the error cd number again until eventually itll grab the cd somewhat so you can see it. I think I had to do this like 5 or 6 times. And when I say pull it out, I mean gently slide it out - once it gets half way it comes right out anyway. I was sketched out the first time I did it but it is ok to do. Ive never had it jam so badly that the cd wouldnt budge. If youll have to replace the whole unit this definitely worth a try considering I know from experience that the cd player will work fine once( and if ) you get it out.
Old 04-26-2004, 12:00 PM
Senior Moderator

the door doesnt open and it doesnt seem to skip to other cds just sits there then goes error
Old 04-26-2004, 12:09 PM
Advanced

damn man, I dont know then. You may be in same boat as greyjhu. I know if that were the case with me Id try every single instance of ejecting the cd. Like switch from fm to cd with/or without the error cd chosen, then proceed or try releasing all cds at once starting with the cd that is after the error cd .. sucks bro. If you gotta replace it and the door wont open mostly likely its right behind the door so maybe try 'helping' the door open at the point you know it should open. Do you hearing any clicking when the error code reads out? Can you switch to other cds? ( these are things I encountered ) ...
Old 04-26-2004, 12:44 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 223 Likes on 184 Posts
Originally posted by typeR
the door doesnt open and it doesnt seem to skip to other cds just sits there then goes error
Thats how mine was. At that point there's not much you can do
Old 04-26-2004, 10:53 PM
Pro

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
try this-disconnect the battery. This causes the cd player to cycle through each disk location. When you connect the battery have your code ready, put it in as fast as you can. The player will keep cycling through each disk location, select the one that is stuck and quickly push eject. If it is stuck you litterally have to bang on the radio or the sides of the center column pretty hard to help it slide out.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:35 AM
eh

thanks for the info Flint

typeR, I have the exact same problem. Just happened a couple of days ago.

The crap part of it is, the cd that stuck is a live recording of a concert I went too that I ordered directly the record label (Pearl Jam if you're wondering).

I was gonna just about to take it in to Acura but I don't really think I want to wait 4 months to get my discs back. I'll be trying a little harder to see if I can fix it myself - I'll post again if I get anywhere.

Also, since I'm posting....I just heard from a buddy of mine that works in the Car Audio department of A&B Sound (stereo/music chain in Western Canada) that they've now got mounting kits in stock for 2001-2003 CLs. Think its time for a new deck.
Old 04-27-2004, 04:45 AM
eh

not suprising that there's been LOTS of posts on this already....try the search and check out the AV section.

This post seemed to be the most useful...

http://www.acura-cl.com/forums/showt...t=stuck+player

now I'm off to try to get that damn disk out one more time
Old 04-27-2004, 05:39 AM
eh

Success

Ok, I'll give a quick rundown on my exact problem and my fix.

Thanks to everyone that posted about this previously (and I just wanna say - this forum rocks).

My car - 03 CL Type S

So, I bought 2 discs with full color labels on the top side. I put the first one in, listened to it, ejected it, put in the second disk and it stuck. Went in part way in and that was it. I had this problem previously with a couple of CDRs, and all I did was just press em in a bit with another disc and they worked fine.

This time, when I pressed this disc in, the player would try to eject it, and then stop. I pushed it in about 5 times till the Bose finally stopped trying and gave me the Er-E1 message. At this point the disc was in the player and the black plastic flap was closed.

The disc indicators still worked except the location of the stuck disc showed empty (3rd disc). Holding eject, selecting other discs, etc didn't do anything. The CD player motor didn't even make a sound. The radio of course still worked.

I tried lifting the flap and pushing the disc in, didn't work.

I also tried unhooking the battery, after entering the code: it just went back to Er-E1.

So finally, I grabbed a couple of credit cards and a flashlight. I used one card to hold open the flap (pressing gently at the top of the CD opening will raise the flap, then just put something underneath.

Now with a good flashlight I could see how the disks were held in place, the stuck disc "looked" like it was in properly. On my deck, you can see light grey plastic pieces holding the discs in place above and below each disc.

From here, I carefully put a credit card beneath the bottom light grey piece and effectively lifted the disc. Now I could see the next disc, I kept moving the "stack" up till it wouldn't move anymore.

I put the key in, turned on the radio and boom, 1st disc ejected.

Now of course, the problem disc in slot 3 still didn't want to come out, I tried ejecting it and again the player stuck but the disc came out slightly. I just sandwiched it between two credit cards, squeezed and pulled. It took me 3 tries but I got it out.

In the end I got my disc back and the player seems to still work just fine. I'm still replacing the POS next week (I hate this deck). Hopefully this helps out someone.

Also, from my experience, the Bose likes the ultra cheap CDRs with no labels. I.e., the top is basically just silver.
Old 04-27-2004, 06:17 AM
Diamonds are forever...

Originally posted by craigyg69
I don't know about just pulling it out, but usually when I get a CD stuck in there if you just push on it (I usually use my keys) it'll come right out. Probably better to try that first rather than pulling.
thats what I do also, except I use another CD to push it in.