Drove down the shore, Got a ticket on the way back

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2001, 04:00 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Drove down the shore, Got a ticket on the way back

I left for Ocean City NJ after work around 5:30. I got there with little traffic and stayed till about 1am. On my way home i got on I-95 and i saw a cop car next to me. so he is doing about 80 and its 1:30am, there is no one on the road. So i decide to keep pace with him. BAD move. I was in the other lane and a car length behind him the whole time. I was following him for maybe 5 miles. I didn't think he cared and the whole time i was thinking about what he might do if i caught up to him and maybe got ahead of him but i didn't have the balls to do it. So about 2 blocks before my exit he slams on his brakes, gets behind me and throws his lights on. He said he clocked me 4 times. the highest being 77. The speed limit is 55. I got a $148 ticket and a court date. I tried coming up with a good explanation but he didn't wanna hear anything. Atleast i tried and now i know not to do it again. Just thought id share my story.

------------------
'01' Satin Silver CL-S
5% tint all around & 18" Konig Caffiene's.
SOON - SYSTEM
Old 06-09-2001, 04:07 PM
has Gloryhole Girls in

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that blows....sorry to hear that!
Old 06-09-2001, 05:20 PM
Ambidextrous Masturbator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Marc S:
I left for Ocean City NJ after work around 5:30. I got there with little traffic and stayed till about 1am. On my way home i got on I-95 and i saw a cop car next to me. so he is doing about 80 and its 1:30am, there is no one on the road. So i decide to keep pace with him. BAD move. I was in the other lane and a car length behind him the whole time. I was following him for maybe 5 miles. I didn't think he cared and the whole time i was thinking about what he might do if i caught up to him and maybe got ahead of him but i didn't have the balls to do it. So about 2 blocks before my exit he slams on his brakes, gets behind me and throws his lights on. He said he clocked me 4 times. the highest being 77. The speed limit is 55. I got a $148 ticket and a court date. I tried coming up with a good explanation but he didn't wanna hear anything. Atleast i tried and now i know not to do it again. Just thought id share my story.

</font>
What a dick! It is common sense not to pass a cop unless they are going under the speed limit without any lights on, but this cop was a real dick! What did he expect you to do? Go 55mph in a CL-S? I call bullshit. The CL-S is only happy when cruising at 80mph or higher. Whatever! It's a bummer about the ticket. Maybe you can fight it in court. Might be worth a shot.

------------------
SidVicious
2001 CL Type S w/ NAV in Silver | Wheel Locks | Front Plate (Mounted in the Trunk) | Mobil 1 | Polarg M6 | K&N Filter (Mounted in the Trunk til the old one wears out) | Comptech Sways (on the way) | Sungard Tint (35%,20%) on 6/9/01

1992 Ford Ranger XLT in Silver | F-150 Springs | 3" Body Lift | K&N Filter | Flowmaster Exhaust |

{insert "Green Box 4 Mod!" gif here}

[This message has been edited by SidVicious (edited 06-09-2001).]
Old 06-09-2001, 06:42 PM
Stage 1 Audi S5

Received 1,182 Likes on 690 Posts
I would fight it in court. Cops arent allowed to speed just because they are cops unless they are heading to an accident or whatever with their lights on. Granted they're not going to do anything to him for speeding you can try to use that in court. Well good luck with it. Why would you try and keep up with the cop in the first place? Just curious doesnt seem like the best idea to me

------------------
No more scratches thanks to the dumbass who walked on my car and had to pay to have it repainted.
Old 06-09-2001, 06:53 PM
Old timer

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
"Your honor, I didn't realize I was going so fast because the officer was just driving along without sirens or lights and I figured he must be doing the speed limit, after all he is an officer of the law, and I figured as long as I was behind him and going slightly slower than him I MUST be ok.

(Look all sorry when you say it.)

-J

------------------
2001 CL-S Aegean Blue/black interior spoiler, wheel locks, no-navi
Stock for now.
50% tint sides, 35% back.
Old 06-09-2001, 07:41 PM
Kill the Chicken heads

tickets are a bummer

------------------
Nick
01' Cl-S Silver/ Black W/ Navi and Spoiler
V-1 Radar Hard Wired, Limo Tint all around
Comptech Headers, Sways, Springs, and AEM CAI
I've got one of the CLS's from the fast batch.
Lead Foot!
Old 06-09-2001, 08:30 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 1StGenCL:
I would fight it in court. Cops arent allowed to speed just because they are cops unless they are heading to an accident or whatever with their lights on. Granted they're not going to do anything to him for speeding you can try to use that in court. Well good luck with it. Why would you try and keep up with the cop in the first place? Just curious doesnt seem like the best idea to me

</font>

------------------
'01' Satin Silver CL-S
SOON - SYSTEM
Old 06-09-2001, 08:33 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 1StGenCL:

</font>
I Don't exactly know why i did it. It was almost 2 in the morning, no one on the road and i was just trying to get home. I figured he wouldn't care. He didn't seem to for the first 4 miles. Its not like i was tailgating him, i was a car length or two behind him at all times. But he says he clocked me when I was behind him. I didn't know they could do this. While he was driving, he was clocking me. He was laughin a little, i guess he found it somewhat funny, i thought i was getting off the hook but of course i didn't.

------------------
'01' Satin Silver CL-S
SOON - SYSTEM
Old 06-09-2001, 08:37 PM
Ambidextrous Masturbator

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Marc S:
I Don't exactly know why i did it. It was almost 2 in the morning, no one on the road and i was just trying to get home. I figured he wouldn't care. He didn't seem to for the first 4 miles. Its not like i was tailgating him, i was a car length or two behind him at all times. But he says he clocked me when I was behind him. I didn't know they could do this. While he was driving, he was clocking me. He was laughin a little, i guess he found it somewhat funny, i thought i was getting off the hook but of course i didn't.

</font>
I guess you should consider yourself lucky you didn't get a ticket for your tint on top of the speeding ticket.

------------------
SidVicious
2001 CL Type S w/ NAV in Silver | Wheel Locks | Front Plate (Mounted in the Trunk) | Mobil 1 | Polarg M6 | K&N Filter (Mounted in the Trunk til the old one wears out) | Comptech Sways (on the way) | Sungard Tint (35%,20%) on 6/9/01

1992 Ford Ranger XLT in Silver | F-150 Springs | 3" Body Lift | K&N Filter | Flowmaster Exhaust |

{insert "Green Box 4 Mod!" gif here}
Old 06-09-2001, 09:09 PM
Race Director

Unfortunately the cop can clock you with the speedometer or vascar or radar from behind. If he did so by speedometer, it will be an easy ticket to beat if he doesn't show up in court with [recent] speedometer calibration papers.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *