DriveSoft opinions/experience? not 56k friendly...

Search this Thread

Old 11-29-2006, 11:14 AM
Registered Member

Received 131 Likes on 106 Posts
DriveSoft opinions/experience? not 56k friendly...

Anyone here have any experience with the DriveSoft system? I just received the email below promoting the next release and offering over 40% off list price for pre-orders. I'm really tempted to move on this. any feedback is appreciated. (and yes i did a search first...)

===

The Double Din Drivesoft In- Dash PC Includes the following Hardware Components...

WVGA LCD 800x600 Touch Screen, Pentium P4 CPU, 512MB, 40gb Hard Drive, GPS Receiver with Antenna, 44x4ch High Powered Audio Outputs (5.1 Ready), High Definition Audio Codec, USB 2.0 x 3 Ports (1 Front, 2 Rear) AM/FM Tuner, T-DMB, Internal DVD Drive, Remote Control and a Lighted USB Keyboard.

The Double Din Drivesoft In- Dash PC Includes the following Software...

Drivesoft Driver Friendly Software (DFS Pre-Loaded), which will include at least the following players and User Interfaces... XM, FM, AM, CD, MP3, DVD, VCD, Navigation (GPS), Car-Cam Ready, Picture Viewer, CD Burner, Mobile Office, Media Organizer, Vehicle Maintenance Screen, Email/Internet Ready, Windows XP and more. Drivesoft will also provide free software updates for 1 year from your purchase date.

Optional Hardware and Software

Optional Drivesoft Digital I/O Module for $139

Used for controlling external devices… neon lights, amplifiers, Actuators, Airbags, etc….

This system will retail for $2799 when release to the public, but can be purchased below dealer cost if you pre-order now…

2007 Model Price of $1499.00

Complete System with everything included

You as a consumer will save $1300.00 off of the retail pricing if you decide to pre-order now. You will receive the newest Drivesoft System, which contains the six-year proven Driver Friendly Software that lives up to its name. The DFS user interfaces, players and tuners are easy to use and are built into a flawless and finely tuned Windows XP OS image that has been solid for many years… no other company can guarantee their software product like Drivesoft and no other company can say they have been in the car pc business for as long as we have been. This Drivesoft System offers and will continue to offer more than other brands, such as Alpine, Pioneer, Kenwood, etc… and today we are offering you a price that is less than the dealer’s cost for these other brand names. Do not limit yourself with a common, non-updateable, virtually non-repairable product that is outdated in less than a year such as those offered by Alpine, Pioneer or Kenwood… choose a Drivesoft System and never own an outdated system.

Note to all dealers and potential dealers. Drivesoft is still a protected product. Upon release of new products we release some units to the public to get immediate response from consumers who have Drivesoft products or familiar with our products already and do not have a dealer near them. Only the first 200 orders will be accepted. Any orders after will need to be purchased from an authorized dealer

Note: This Drivesoft system is our newest model added to the Drivesoft Product Line. This is a true plug and play unit, which can be installed by most consumers with some audio installation knowledge. However, Drivesoft recommends that you seek the services of a local mobile audio shop to ensure a professional installation with the benefits of an installation warranty. Note: Reply to this email or use the sales link above to respond and do not change the subject line.

Orders will require a 35% prepayment by credit card. The balance can be paid prior to shipment by credit card or during delivery COD. Personal checks will not be accepted, COD payments should be paid with money order or cashiers check.

Your order should arrive within 45 days from the actual sale closing date. 12/25/06 The prices above do not include shipping costs.

As with prior promotions, we expect that we will receive many responses to this email, put your order in soon to avoid processing and delivery delays.

The new Drivesoft unit is only available to existing owners of Drivesoft product or consumers who previously inquired about Drivesoft product. After this initial release new units will not be offered directly to the public again. ONLY Authorized Drivesoft Dealers.

We look forward to your pre-order inquiries... The Drivesoft Sales Team!!

Below are just a few screen shots of Drivesoft DFS (Driver Friendly Software).

Old 11-29-2006, 11:24 AM
I'm here in spirit...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cliff notes?
Old 11-29-2006, 11:26 AM
Registered Member

it is a pc for your car
Old 11-29-2006, 12:58 PM
Former Sponsor

Received 129 Likes on 101 Posts
hah, I really need to get away from the computer at my desk. thats why I drive sometimes, to get away. But sounds like a cool gizmo.
Old 11-29-2006, 01:30 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

That's pretty bitchen. Any pictures of the unit itself?
Old 11-29-2006, 01:48 PM
Registered Member

Originally Posted by All Mine
That's pretty bitchen. Any pictures of the unit itself?
Here you go:

I'm hoping it will be easy to remove my current NAV system/Stereo and drop this into the same spot without too much changes from my stock setup. I need to determine the measurements
Old 11-29-2006, 03:02 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
This should probably go into the A/V forum... but I can't move it, and I'm too lazy to close it here:

https://acurazine.com/forums/audio-video-electronics-navigation-22/
Old 11-29-2006, 04:21 PM
proffesion...axle breaker

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
if i had the Dow...id rock it no doubt
Old 11-29-2006, 04:47 PM
I'm a Vagiterian.

I'd say keep your factory navi unit, and replace yoru stock radio with it. Would look pretty cool having 2 screens in there. Plus you could play a movie, and have dedicated navi.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:02 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by All Mine
I'd say keep your factory navi unit, and replace yoru stock radio with it. Would look pretty cool having 2 screens in there. Plus you could play a movie, and have dedicated navi.
That's what NiteQwill has. I think it looks really nice that way.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:04 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
If money wasn't an issue I'd get one of those things.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:12 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by GreenMachine
If money wasn't an issue I'd get one of those things.
I keep pondering the idea of a laptop mount in the XJ for offroading trips but that thing is so small inside as it is. I mainly want it so I can throw a cheap $100 laptop in it that I can use for storing downloaded trail information, as well as a DVD player for those dreary, rainy camping trips. If this were cheaper I could totally see it although it wouldn't benefit me quite the way the full laptop would if I were to use it as a DVD player the way I'd like to.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:18 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
I keep pondering the idea of a laptop mount in the XJ for offroading trips but that thing is so small inside as it is. I mainly want it so I can throw a cheap $100 laptop in it that I can use for storing downloaded trail information, as well as a DVD player for those dreary, rainy camping trips. If this were cheaper I could totally see it although it wouldn't benefit me quite the way the full laptop would if I were to use it as a DVD player the way I'd like to.
You should build a mounting bracket for the laptop then
Old 11-29-2006, 05:20 PM
I'm here in spirit...

Originally Posted by GreenMachine
You should build a mounting bracket for the laptop then
Saw a guy do that with an old sat. dish braket but the thing was rediculously huge. I need to learn how to weld.
Old 11-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Originally Posted by Lord Helmet
Saw a guy do that with an old sat. dish braket but the thing was rediculously huge. I need to learn how to weld.
It's not that hard...go buy yourself an arch welder from home depot for 400 dollars. Consider it a X-mas gift from santa...you can learn from that for cheap!