Do you have FAITH in your Acura dealership?

Search this Thread

Old 05-23-2001, 04:02 PM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Do you have FAITH in your Acura dealership?

I do not, at all.

So far, the problems I have had, they have denied all of them, untill i forced them to fix them...

Example:

Squeeky brakes at 6000miles on the car, "IT IS NORMAL, THEY ALL DO THAT" is what i got about the CL-S..it took me 4 visits to the dealership to get them to get rid of my squeeky brakes..

Then, the rattles which they said there is nothing they can do about, after LOTS of arguing, they finally said they will look at it again, and they fixed it.

AGAIN the sunroof, which i heard there was a fix for, they kept saying such a fix does not exist, untill, i asked to see for myself, and had to speak to the service manager..and FINALLY they admitted there was a fix.

Then there was a point, when the car would start then die out right a way with vibrations whenever i parked on an angle, THEY JUST TOLD ME OVER THE PHONE to use a lower grade gas, then i forced to look at it, and they said something with the cylinder head was broken...

Right now my CL-S:

Has a broken actuator,
the speakers keep going out when i go over bumps, the transmission is getting more and more confused, sometimes the car doesnt turn on, it is using LOTS more fuel than it used too, and weird fart-like noises come from the engine...

I have an appointment on the 28th for all this crap to get tested out, and see what they can fix, and i really dont have any more faith in my dealer...i feel like i am just gonna have to end up arguing with them, and involving this board like everytime so far..but i dont think this time they will listen..

Its Acura of North Toronto..

What the fuck do i do? I am stuck driving a car with soo many problems at 37000km..and i have a shitty dealer..

sorry for the life story, but i am pissed off.

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs
Old 05-23-2001, 04:04 PM
Someday pigs WILL fly!

The dealer that sold me the car? Absolutely not! Park Avenue Acura, who I found though this board? Absolutely! They are the best and they care. It shows.

------------------
01 CL-S NightHawk Black/Ebony Bowling Ball Interior
Xephyr CAI
Polarg M6
Solaris 9005
Cupholder Ver 2.0 Part#77237-SOK-A02

gto2050 - The voice of absolutely no reason whatsoever!
Old 05-23-2001, 04:05 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Park Ave Acura, no problems whatsover. Don't mean to rub it in your face.

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake
Really Cool Mesh Grill
Custom BASS by <A HREF="http://www.streeteffectz.com

01'Acura" TARGET=_blank>www.streeteffectz.com

01'Acura</A> Integra GSR
Old 05-23-2001, 04:07 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Find a new dealer...

Isn't there another one that wants the business.

I asked Soopa about a "Dealer Hall of Shame", but I guess it would cause too much trouble.

I would show you the nice ding Keyes put in the top of my fender, but I already removed it (thanks to Mike at Dent Wizards in Torrance).

They also left off the hose clamps on my AEM install.

They rounded off the locking-nuts on the headers -- looks like they used pliers or vice-grips.

Oh, and this is the best (how could I forget). I had this sticker that said the car had been test driven by "john doe". I go out to the street and the Comptech sways (they installed) were making so much racket, that I pulled right back in. They wanted to go for a test drive, but I could get them to hear the loose bolts on the sways from just going forward and back a few feet. So much for the test drive.

I'm going to Pasadena (per CLPower's suggestion) or to Acura 101 next time.

We (Acura owners) deserve better...

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines w/Brembos?
  • Comptech headers & sways
  • Silver AEM CAI
  • 10 coats of Zaino magic

[This message has been edited by EricL (edited 05-23-2001).]

[This message has been edited by EricL (edited 05-23-2001).]
Old 05-23-2001, 04:11 PM
Three Wheelin'

Stop by Park ave. at lunch time some day..... Or do ya need a TL-S for that

------------------
2001 Silver 3.2CLS
Muds, Spoiler, Hardwire 8500, Polarg M-6 lamps, K&N filter #33-2178,
Comptech Headers, Sways, mufflers
Planning: SSR 17X7.5 GT1 Wheels, Brembo Brakes.
Old 05-23-2001, 04:13 PM
Kill the Chicken heads

Nope, i hate mine. I know more than they do. I have to find some place better soon

------------------
Nick
01' Cl-S Silver/ Black W/ Navi and Spoiler
V-1 Radar Hard Wired, Limo Tint all around
Comptech Headers, Sways, Springs, and AEM CAI
I've got one of the CLS's from the fast batch.
Lead Foot!
Old 05-23-2001, 04:42 PM
Oh...Behave!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
1) Call Acura Customer Service
2) Request a meeting with the District Service Manager and the Service Manager at that, or ANOTHER dealership.

As most of you know, I had a terrible problem with South Coast Acura's [lack of] service regarding my actuator, plus they also dented my roof when fixing my sunroof vibration problem - then refused to admit reponsibility!
I then met with the DM at Tustin Acura, and was given the "Red Carpet" treatment!

IF YOU LIVE IN SO CAL. GO TO TUSTIN ACURA!
They have a very professional, efficient set-up in service. Eric is the Service Manager.

------------------
Red
Type S
So. Cal.
Dark Tint
18" Niche Bella 2-piece
forged aluminum wheels
235/40/18 Sumo HTRZ II's
Jet Performance PCM Mod
Ram-Air CAI w/ K&N Filter
Removed Pre-muffler
Liquid Glass Finish
G-tech 0-60 in 6.1 secs
...Looks Faster!!!
Old 05-23-2001, 04:47 PM
Kill the Chicken heads

Tustin Acura is where i was planing on taking it to for my next visit, i hate mission veijo.

------------------
Nick
01' Cl-S Silver/ Black W/ Navi and Spoiler
V-1 Radar Hard Wired, Limo Tint all around
Comptech Headers, Sways, Springs, and AEM CAI
I've got one of the CLS's from the fast batch.
Lead Foot!
Old 05-23-2001, 04:51 PM
Racer

Park Ave has supurb service. They're informative and do great work . Maybe Jens and Wayne should rent a semi and travel from town to town???? What da ya think guys?

------------------
Silver S
Black Xephyr Intake
Valentine 1 (Hard wired)
Old 05-23-2001, 04:54 PM
Fastdriver

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
Find a new dealer...

Isn't there another one that wants the business.

I asked Soopa about a "Dealer Hall of Shame", but I guess it would cause too much trouble.

</font>
I think there SHOULD be a dealers' Hall of Shame! If the people here are telling the truth, what can the dealer do to you? Sue you? For what? THE TRUTH? I say go for it!

As for me, I've only had my car since 3/28/01, so it's too early to report any problems with any dealer. I would like to know if anyone has had any problems with dealers in So. CT. There is only ONE of those award winning Acura dealers in CT and it's nowhere near me! Hope I never need ANY of them.

------------------
fastdriver
2001 San Marino Red w/parchment interior. [*]Mudguards[*]Bra[*]No nav.[*]No spoiler.[*]Lojack[*]Four coats of Zaino Z2/Z6 and three of Z5/Z6 so far! That red is gleaming![*] Number 34331.[*]Built 3/01.[*]Bought 3/28/01
fastdriver's CL without Zaino!
fastdriver's CL with 3 coats of Zaino and the last two with 4 coats of Z-2/Z-6
Click here if Yahoo photos don't work.
fastdriver's previous cars. The 300M has Zaino.
Bra pics 5/13/01.

Accept mediocrity and that's all you'll ever get!
Old 05-23-2001, 10:54 PM
Race Director

I wish we had a Park Ave type of place around here..

------------------
2001 CL-S
Black/Black
Moonroof Visor
35% Tint All Around
Black Wood Dash Kit
Sportswing spoiler
My Bitch
aka Deadly-CLs
Old 05-23-2001, 11:10 PM
Suzuka Master

hell no!

i have as much faith in my dealer as i have in the skin that peels off the bottom of my feet.

the service dept. i have some faith in, but they're related to the dealership, so i can't frequent them.

unfortunately, the next closest dealership (2 of them) are 30-45 min away...so for small things i'll go to the midas i've been going to for 5 years, and for big things, i'll go to clinton acura...they only deal with acuras.

when i bought a car cover, floor mats, and trunk tray from them, i told them what lehigh valley acura did to me concerning the $100 coupon and navi updates, they told me they'd pick up lehigh valley acura's telling me i get 2 free updates (and i got it in writing!)...how's that for service?
Old 05-23-2001, 11:26 PM
Race Director

Both Superior Acura in Kansas and Jay Wolfe in Missouri are fine. I would probably give the nod to Superior.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 05-23-2001, 11:38 PM
Team Owner

I’m the EXACT opposite of the comments above from Dean.
I have never had a problem with Lehigh Valley Acura.
They treat me well and I have never had a problem with their Sales or Service.

My CL-S is my third car purchased there.
The others were my 91 Legend Coupe & the wife’s 91 Integra LS.

The only complaint I can think of is they don’t install Comptech parts.

Shawn S

------------------
Make me an offer….It’s FOR SALE when the 6-Speed MANUAL comes out !!!

2001 CL Type S - NAV - San Marino RED / Parchment - Spoiler - 35% Tint - Roof Visor - PIAA Lamps
GOLD Emblems & Grill - V1 w/remote - KICKER AMP w/(2) 10" Alumapro Subs - Xephyr CAI - Shine by ZAINO
For Photos see: PAGE 1 PAGE 2 PAGE 3 PAGE 4 V1 & SUBS
Old 05-23-2001, 11:43 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
No complaints thus far. My dealer has taken very good care of me.

------------------
2001 Satin Silver Cl Type S.
Comptech:Headers, Springs & Sways
AEM CAI
Toyo T1S Proxys 235/45/17
SSR Competition wheels 17x8
35% Llumar metallic tint
My Car
Old 05-24-2001, 12:32 AM
B A N N E D

Location: The grande.. Riverdale NJ.. Hopefully moving to skyline village in Lincoln park NJ..yes dirty jersey
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Where i bought it Wayne Acura..NO
My new home (Park Ave Acura ) Yes..
Old 05-24-2001, 12:42 AM
Pro

Well, there's only one dealership where I live, but they have been excellent thus far. Took care of a clunking sound under the right driver side without question. They actually swapped my suspension with a brand new PDG CL-S. Installed my Sways and Springs, along with an alignment for a good price, the service manager has been very professional and courteous. Counting my blessings thus far

------------------
Frank
01-S White/Parchment
Comptech Sways & Springs
Old 05-24-2001, 02:22 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
I had nothing but problems with Acura of Concord California ! So I fired them ! I now go to Acura of Pleasanton and they are EXCELLENT ! They also sell/install/support Comptech ! Stay the hell out of Acura of Concord, just a bunch of "old Boys network rednecks" !

------------------
"We're spoiled rotten"
Waiting for 6 speed manual CLS !
2001 CL Type S Black/Ebony w/NAVI, PIAA bulbs, Tinted windows, JL Sub-woofer/Fosgate 250 watt amp, Comptech Sway Bars, otherwise pure stock
1998 Accord Coupe EX-V6
Black Currant Pearl, PIAA bulbs, tinted windows, Fosgate 500 watt amp, Eclipes 6X9's,JL Sub-woofer, otherwise PURE stock !
Old 05-24-2001, 02:33 AM
Instructor

I've had nothing but BAD experiences at Acura of Santa Monica, CA. Bad service reps. bad service manager, bad work done to my car, bad car washes, bad loaner cars and I can probably think of more.
I too need to find another dealer.

(not looking forward to the 15K checkup)

------------------
2001 Silver CL-S
Old 05-24-2001, 01:09 PM
pumpkin escobar

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Yeah, there should be a Dealer Hall of Shame! I hate Radley acura, their service guys are idiots, and their sales guys are liars. These fools kept my car for 2 days to fix an upholstry problem and guess what? the problem wasnt even fixed! I was furious, so I complained, then all they could tell me was "all the CL's are like that". Also, when I asked for a loaner on the phone, they said they didnt have any, since I live only 5mins away from Radley, I went up there and saw like 6 loaner cars! Bitch ass liars yo! I confronted the service guy about why he lied to me, he just gave me a dumb look.

then, wehn i bought the car, the sales guy promised me 2 free navi dvd upgrades. when i went there to get my new version 2.13 (i think) the sales guys totally denied promising me it and acted like he's never seen me before.

they claim they are precision team, i claim they are all bullshit. anyone know of a good acura dealership besides radley in NoVA area?? i heard pohanka is ok.
Old 05-24-2001, 03:25 PM
efx
Instructor

I just got my first oil change so I have not really had much experience with acura dealer service dept. Used keyes because that is where I bought the car and it is convenient.
Maybe we can make a list of dealers with good service depts. from the experience of the people on this board. It sure would help me to have a referral before trusting my car to a dealer that has given bad service to other people.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2CL Type-S
Wheel locks
Mud guards
Old 05-24-2001, 06:05 PM
Racer

Bridgewater Acura...hell NO!!
Park Ave. Acura....hell YEAH!!!

------------------
01 white/ebony CL-S
Pewter Xephyr CAI
PIAA's 19224
Old 05-24-2001, 06:24 PM
Banned

After reading all this, I guess I'm glad that I didn't get an CLS.

------------------
'98 Dakar Yellow ///M3
Surprise @ Forums atwww.BMWExperience.com
0-60 5.53 sec G-Tech
Picture here
Old 05-24-2001, 08:02 PM
Advanced

I bought my CL-P through Lehigh Valley Acura, but almost walked out and said screw it. The sales manager has to be the biggest, most arogant asshole I've ever run across. My salesperson was ok but annoying, but that Manager.....GGAAAAHHH!!!!
So far the service department is pretty decent. I've had some questions about various things mostly related to the audio/electrical system and they've provided me with answers for every one of them. I haven't had any real problems so I can't say how'd they handle them. Let's hope I don't ever need to find out. But so far so good. I just hate the sales staff.
Old 05-24-2001, 08:58 PM
Darth Chocolate

Probably not near any of you guys, but Louisville's Acura at Oxmoor has cool Parts and Service departments, but pretty annoying sales people. I really wish there were more places nearby that sold Acuras.

------------------
Sypher (www.sypher.com)
'01 Black CL Type-S
Valentine-1
Old 05-24-2001, 09:10 PM
Suzuka Master

Patryn,

you didn't have to deal with "BOB" did you?

"BOB" was the dude that told me (and i quote, see==> "We gave you a good deal. There's no way in hell you're getting $100 back!"

The service department i really did like though, but still ain't going back there.
Old 05-24-2001, 09:16 PM
Three Wheelin'

I live in South Florida where there are no less than *5* Acura dealers within a half an hour of my house. I bought my GS-R at Acura of South Florida. Their service and sales departments suck. The parts guy was very nice and knowledgeable, however. Never took the GS-R here for service.

For service I took the GS-R to Acura of Pompano Beach Never got anything but top shelf treatment from them.

I bought my TL at Rick Case Acura and have taken it back there exclusively for service. Again, top shelf.

I haven't been to either of the two Miami Acura dealers that I can think of off the top of my head because I haven't had to.

------------------
2000 WDP 3.2TL non-NAV
AEM CAI w/bypass, Comptech header
Old 05-24-2001, 10:02 PM
Rod
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by RAdams:
I live in South Florida where there are no less than *5* Acura dealers within a half an hour of my house. I bought my GS-R at Acura of South Florida. Their service and sales departments suck. The parts guy was very nice and knowledgeable, however. Never took the GS-R here for service.

For service I took the GS-R to Acura of Pompano Beach Never got anything but top shelf treatment from them.

I bought my TL at Rick Case Acura and have taken it back there exclusively for service. Again, top shelf.

I haven't been to either of the two Miami Acura dealers that I can think of off the top of my head because I haven't had to.

</font>
Well, first I went to Miami Acura and test drove an MDX, but price and other things made me go with the CL. They weren't too bad really, except when it came to negotiating price. They weren't pushy, but they were determined on the price, for both cars. They wanted more than MSRP for the MDX, that was when they were on backorder here, so I just laughed that off and I made them an offer for the CL, but they were determined to charge a high prememium for it and wouldn't negotiate. They just came up with BS excuses like most dealers do, about how Acuras are the best thing out there and all this crap.

Next was Esserman Acura, I don't even know why I went there since I know from friends' previous experiences that they suck. They had even more ridiculous BS excuses about price and are beyond pushy. I dealt with about 3 sales guys and the Sales Manager, all full of s***. At one point they wanted to charge me extra for the silver b/c they knew that's the color I wanted. By now I was bored of their hilarious BS so I walked out. I took my car there for an oil change and tire rotation recently and asked them about some little things I wanted taken care off, squeeks and uneven exhaust tips, but they just gave me the run around. I had made an appointment with them in advance so that I could I could get this done without being too late to work, but instead of being out of the dealer by 9 as promised, I ended up leaving close to 10. They gave me a free oil change, big deal. I didn't even insist with the squeeks and uneven tips b/c I was late enough and figured I'd take it where I bought it, Rick Case.

Negotiating with Rick Case was no hassle whatsoever, I was surprised since I'm used to dealing with the assholes in Miami. I did all the negotiating with them over the phone, in a matter of minutes probably, and then just picked up the car after work. They had it ready to go, with only 7 miles, and I was in and out in about 45 minutes since I had to wait a little for the finance guy to process my loan through my mom's credit union. I haven't been there for any service yet, but have talked to a couple people in the service dept. when I went to check out the 3.5 CL. Everyone seems real cool, especially when compared to dealers in Miami. I'm taking my car in soon to get the squeeks taken care off, the exhaust tips evened out, and Comptech springs installed, so I hope every things continues to go well.
Old 05-25-2001, 03:11 AM
I love my CL-S

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Type S Smokes All:
Nope, i hate mine. I know more than they do. I have to find some place better soon

</font>
exactly....just like my shitty dealer, they know nothing..

------------------
01 silver cl-s
AEM CAI red
K&N air filter (Out)
Piaa 19169
Cannon winter floor mats
35% tint all around
Old 05-25-2001, 04:44 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 121 Likes on 86 Posts
I'll tell ya, my salesman is the biggest punk at Smithtown Acura.

He keeps telling me he'll call me Tuesday/today/tomorrow, and then not calling.
After the 6th time in a row, I called his manager and really chewed his ear off. So the sales guy calls (when I'm at lunch), apologizes, and tells he he'll call tomorrow.

The dumb part is since they had to hunt around for the Blue Nav CL-S in the first place, he probably wouldn't have had information for a couple of weeks anyway, so he shoulda just shut up and told me to call back in 2 weeks. But.....

Anyway, supposedly they're building the car this week, so I'll be hounding him next week for a VIN. It's been incredibly frustrating. I'm hoping their service department is detached from their sales department and they're legit. Otherwise I'll probably make the 60 miles drive out to Park Ave. Acura!

Anyone happy with their dealer/service on Long Island?

------------------
'01 Aegean Blue CL S-Type w/ Nav(coming soon!)
CL FAQ (work in progress): www.wizardsworks.org/chod/acura
Old 06-10-2001, 09:49 PM
Cruisin'

Bought a CL in 98 off Smithtown Acura. Over the last three years have been very satisfied with them. But really have not had any major problems.

Picking up San Marino Red CLS on June 28. So I thought enough of them to buy a second car from them.

Peace, LTK
Old 06-10-2001, 11:31 PM
Advanced

There's only one Acura Dealer in my area, so I was worried about being satisfied with my purchase and service, however, so far I'm as satisfied as can be. They even install modicifactions and have a very knowledgable service tech involved in mods. First mod....sways!!

------------------
San Marino Red/Parachment Type-S w/navi and spoiler
No mods yet...