DO NOT patronize LOS GATOS ACURA...Crappy Customer Service!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 10:06 PM
03' CL-S 6 speed w/ Nav

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Since the first day I walked into that establishment, I've experienced POOR customer service. The only reason I ended up buying my car there was the fact that they had the only brand new 03' 6spd in the area. I have been pretty busy so I haven't had the chance to post anything about my experience there, however, I have plenty of time this Thanksgiving weekend.

1) Jill Pryor, my sales lady, even after all the problems I had with picking up my car, TOLD me to give her all "5's" on the customer survey....LOL....when they called, I gave ALL "1's".

2) Michael Z., the finance manager, tried to package a $2000 windshield and tire protection plan into my monthly payments. When I brought it to his attention, he straight up lied to my face and told me quote "Honda Finance Corp. approved your lease on the condition that you purchased this protection plan to protect "their" vehicle." I was like "is that so?" So I called Honda Finance right there, sitting in Michael's office.....before I was able to talk to anybody there, Michael just ripped up the contract and started preparing a new one MINUS the $2000 protection plan. I mean, how sleazy can a guy get? I know he makes commission off of those bullshit warranties, but geez....u dun need to LIE to customers to get sales. I think that was bullshit.

3) Tom, the sales manager, was the biggest jerk off. After I took possesion of the vehicle, after ALL the prior drama, when I got home, I popped out the nav DVD..... I called Sunnyvale Acura and asked them what version of the disc I should have because I had a feeling that Los Gatos gave me an old, used disc. Anyways, my assumption was correct. I called up my sales person, Jill, she said she would call me back .... I waited a week. No call, so I called her up again.....she transfered me to Tom, the sales manager. His exact words were quote " I am under NO obligation to give you the new disc." I asked him why. He answered quote " there is no DUE BILL , which means we don't owe you anything." I was like fine...I'll just call customer service and let them deal with you.

4) Derrick, the district manager, contacted me about a week after I left a message at Acura's customer service center. He told me that there was nothing he could do to make Los Gatos Acura give me the correct disc. So I asked for his supervisor or boss's name...he refused to give me that information.

so bottom line is this: As long as ONE member of this forum sees this post and stays away from LOS GATOS ACURA, I have done my job. Stay away from that shit hole. I highly recommed Sunnyvale Acura , as they have given me a disc out of a used 03' CL NO questions asked....and I didn't even buy my car from them. Because of this, I am going to look at the new RL 2morrow at Sunnyvale Acura, and maybe trade my CL in for the RL.

LOS GATOS ACURA SUCKS A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-27-2004, 10:27 PM

power to you sir! i will stay away from them! LosGatosAcura
Old 11-27-2004, 11:31 PM
Racer

Sounds like the experience I had when I bought my wife's 2002 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited! Vito, the finance manager tried to sell me life insurance as well - said there was a "law" that made it mandatory!

Thanks for the heads up - buyer beware!

2003 CLS six speed
Icebox
Old 11-28-2004, 12:04 AM
EVO IX MR

Holy cow.......good heads up for all you California peeps.
Old 11-28-2004, 12:12 AM
Three Wheelin'

thanks for the info.
Old 11-28-2004, 03:15 AM
10th Gear

Originally Posted by Dave
Vito, the finance manager tried to sell me life insurance as well - said there was a "law" that made it mandatory!
Are you kidding me? You should've asked to see his license. If he wasn't licensed to sell life insurance you should've gotten him into massive trouble!
Old 11-28-2004, 08:09 AM
My Member is Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I would have returned the car and walked the F*** out of there. Screw that.
Old 11-28-2004, 08:24 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
99% of all dealerships suck
Old 11-28-2004, 10:48 AM
But I just got here

Received 53 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by SG81
99% of all dealerships suck

The other 1% blow.
Old 11-28-2004, 10:54 PM
Team Owner

Not that I’m forgiving the other shit the dealer pulled, but the NAVI DVD might not have been a switch by them.
If the car has been sitting on the dealer lot for more then 8-10 months it may be the one that was put in at the factory.
Most (if not all) of the CL’s didn’t come with the newest version.
The CL’s been discontinued for a while now and the latest version of the DVD came out in November of 2003.
Old 11-28-2004, 11:17 PM
Dan
Safety Car

Received 220 Likes on 127 Posts
Originally Posted by clsal
2) Michael Z., the finance manager, tried to package a $2000 windshield and tire protection plan into my monthly payments. When I brought it to his attention, he straight up lied to my face and told me quote "Honda Finance Corp. approved your lease on the condition that you purchased this protection plan to protect "their" vehicle." I was like "is that so?" So I called Honda Finance right there, sitting in Michael's office.....before I was able to talk to anybody there, Michael just ripped up the contract and started preparing a new one MINUS the $2000 protection plan. I mean, how sleazy can a guy get? I know he makes commission off of those bullshit warranties, but geez....u dun need to LIE to customers to get sales. I think that was bullshit.
CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT TIME!!!!
Time to find a attorney and make some waves. If they did it to you, they are doing it to everyone. Take a look at Gunderson Chevrolet.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...awsuit&spell=1
Old 11-29-2004, 12:27 AM
Instructor

I can relate

Ah, Los Gatos Acura. Crappy sales department; superb service department. Since I bought my CLS6 there and had great customer service at that time, I thought, "Why not go back?" WRONG! Found out the guy who sold me my CLS6 was transferred to Canada. Damn. Ended up talking to some fool named Rob. Told him I was looking for a TSX 6MT, but since the 05s haven't come out back in August, Rob tracked down a 6MT somewhere in Northern CA. I came back the next day to talk numbers and waited for the car to be delivered.

MFs shipped the WRONG CAR! They brought in a silver/black 5AT, not a 6MT! I WAS PISSED!! They thought I was joking. Right. $25,500 for a joke? Please. Anyway, Rob again did some looking around and found that Sunnyvale Acura had the last silver/black 6MT in NorCal. I didn't tell them that I was planning to lower my asking price due to this mixup since I had to miss work and drive 1 hr. back and forth from where I live to get to this place. I wanted to stump them when the car arrived. To make a long story short, I ended up pissing off that a$$h*le Tom when I asked to have the price lowered from $25,500 to $25,200. So I stormed out and said, "Forget it! Call up Sunnyvale to come pick up the car so I can do business with them!" Tom didn't say a word but that dweeb Rob goes, "You can't do that! That's not allowed! It won't happen!" Leave it to that fool to add those ridiculous comments as I walked out the door. So I say, "Oh yeah, watch me!"

Next day, I get a call from their customer service rep. Figures they'd call back to kiss a$$ since I'm sure Tom got chewed out by his GM for losing a deal and a repeat customer. Anyway, to make a long story short, they agreed to give me the car for $25,200. I said, "On the condition that I deal with a whole new set of people and not those idiots from the night before!" They said OK. Enough said. But in the future, I'm going elsewhere if I decide on another Acura. On the other hand, the TSX 6MT is sweeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeet!
Old 11-29-2004, 05:04 AM
GEEZER

Received 2,214 Likes on 1,418 Posts
I feel lucky...Never any probs at Crown Acura here in Clearwater, Florida.
Old 11-29-2004, 10:58 AM
Senior Moderator

Received 1,080 Likes on 661 Posts
Originally Posted by Dan
CLASS ACTION LAW SUIT TIME!!!!
Time to find a attorney and make some waves. If they did it to you, they are doing it to everyone. Take a look at Gunderson Chevrolet.

http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&c...awsuit&spell=1

Oh the drama.

The trouble with your logic is he has no basis to sue. Remember he declined the package.
Old 11-29-2004, 01:54 PM
boosted is best

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by clsal
LOS GATOS ACURA SUCKS A$$!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOS GATOS ACURA Paint shop is even worse.

Although I didn't buy a car through them, I did bring an '01 CLS into them for a service a couple of years ago. I had originally purchased my CLS from SunnyVale Acura but was very disgusted with their poor service so I looked for another dealership for servicing my car. Los Gatos Acura at that time was rated by Acura as a "Precision Team" dealership so brought it into them for a 15k service.

Here's a summary of the horror story I experienced from Los Gatos Acura:
1) Went to pick up car after the 15k service and was told that the tech who worked on my car dropped a screwdriver and put a 2 inch scratch to bare metal on the left-hand 1/4 panel behind the driver's door. They offered to touch up the paint where the scratch was. Obviously I declined and insisted that they repaint the 1/4 panel.

1a) I should mention, they didn't fix half of my warranty issues even though they said they did.

2) So I left my car at their paint shop. After a week, I went to pick up car from Bill S. in the service dept. He seemed anxious to hand the car over to me. While I was looking at the re-paint job, the detailer walked up to me and pointed out ridges in the paint where they had removed the masking tap. The detailer also said he mentioned this fatal flaw in workmanship to Bill S. in the service dept. However, Bill S. never mentioned it to me and wanted me to sign off on the work order. Bill S. denied knowing anything about the bad paint job.

3) So I left my car with Bill S. to have my car re-painted a second time. After a week and a half, went to pick my car up from the paint shop (that's Los Gatos Acura Paint Shop) and noticed a penny size white primer spot showing through the black base coat - from 50 feet away. In addition, there were a number of drips and runs in the paint. I talked to the manager of the paint shop and insisted that they repaint the car a third time.

4) After another week and a half went to pick up car after 3rd repaint and noticed another run in the paint about two inches long. However, since it was only visible from certain angles and I was tire of waiting and afraid to let them work on my car any longer, I got my car the hell away from these guys.

In summary, between the flaky and clumsy techs, dishonest service rep and horrible workmanship from their paint shop, I warn everyone to stay away from Los Gatos Acura. However, there have been a few people who say they were more than satisfied with their service. But I've heard mostly bad about this dealership.

In contrast, after trading my '01 CLS in for a new '03 CLS 6MT almost 2 years ago from Acura of Pleasanton, I haven't had a single problem or warranty issue that wasn't address properly by them. In fact, they have installed all my mods (CT i/sc/h/full-catback/springs/sways/strutbar, konis, brembos, etc...) and done it near perfect. The only problem I had was with the S/C where the ESM connections weren't soldered. But that wasn't really their fault but Comptech's for supplying funky crimp-on terminals.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:26 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Received 55 Likes on 41 Posts
Avoid "Acura of Concord". They have both horrible Sales and Service !
Fair warning !
Old 11-29-2004, 05:39 PM
Instructor

whats teh best acura in the lower bay area? im about to do my 60k service
Old 11-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Acura of Pleasanton at 925-463-4700. Ask for Ken Buller or Service Manager Brent Ward. Mention my name James Landry and I promise they will take care of your needs !
Old 11-29-2004, 05:43 PM
boosted is best

Originally Posted by dukmahsik
whats teh best acura in the lower bay area? im about to do my 60k service
I can't recommend any in the South Bay. But if you are willing to drive to Pleasanton, I believe Acura of Pleasanton is about the best dealer in N. CA.
Old 11-29-2004, 05:45 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

LIKE I said !

If your interested in buying an Acura ask for Neil Hanks and mention my name James Landry. You may be surpised !
Old 11-29-2004, 05:46 PM
boosted is best

Originally Posted by Fabvsix
Acura of Pleasanton at 925-463-4700. Ask for Ken Buller or Service Manager Brent Ward. Mention my name James Landry and I promise they will take care of your needs !
Or mention to Brent, that the guy with the S/C'd CLS 6MT with brembos recommended them.
Old 11-29-2004, 06:43 PM
Banned

I take mine to Mike Harvey Acura...no problems with them.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:10 AM
03' CL-S 6 speed w/ Nav

WOW! I didn't know that so many people in this forum have had such terrible experiences with LOS GATOS ACURA. It's amazing that they are still able to stay open w/ their crude ways. Anyways, I am going to forward this thread to Tom , just to piss him off a bit, since that bastard still owes me a current nav disc. I'll let you guys know if he replies to my e-mail.....lol.
Old 11-30-2004, 12:18 AM
Missing My CL-S

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts
someone send them the link to this thread, then maybe they'll stop their crap
Old 11-30-2004, 09:42 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Remind those cheesy turds at Los Gatos Acura the POWER OF THE INTERNET !

"Your reputation is everything" .......
Old 11-30-2004, 01:18 PM
Instructor

hey man thanks a lot for the tip
Old 11-30-2004, 01:24 PM
Revelation 3:15-17

Heads up to all you Cali peeps. Avoid Los Gatos Maricones!
Old 11-30-2004, 01:26 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Dukmashik:
Ask for Ken. If Ken's out then I use Brent as a back up. Let me know if they were to help you !
Old 12-20-2004, 11:14 AM
Instructor

Dukmashik:
Ask for Ken. If Ken's out then I use Brent as a back up. Let me know if they were to help you !
hey man, i talked to brent ward cuz ken's not there and he's helping me out great! 60k service for 399 and he's very helpful and courteous. thanks a lot man!
Old 12-20-2004, 11:31 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Dukmashik:
Glad he was able to help you ! Where is Ken Buller ?
Old 12-20-2004, 11:34 AM
Instructor

Dukmashik:
Glad he was able to help you ! Where is Ken Buller ?
ken isn't in til wednesday this week, he'll be helping me next week though when i come on in. i talked to brent for like 30mins on the phone chatting about brakes, to idle, etc... awesome guy. thanks a lot again. brent says nice things about you. he mentioned u have a CL website?
Old 12-20-2004, 11:59 AM
Cajun Gumbo Man

No I have NO CL web site. I BELONG to many Acura boards since their inception.......I had the following vehicles:
1998 Honda Accord EX-V6
2001 Acura CL Type S
2003 Acura MDX
2004 Acura RL Current
2005 Acura MDX current, both purchased from Acura of Pleasanton.....
Old 12-20-2004, 12:30 PM
Instructor

dang nice list of cars u had/have! how about trading in that 04 RL for a nice 05?
Old 12-20-2004, 12:50 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Nah.....the 04 RL is the last of a bullet proof "best kept secret of Acura's" 8 year production run vehicle ! It was built on the "Legend" technololgy from the 90's that happens to be "simple" but worthy technology ! The 04 RL was the "last of the goodies".....I promised myself I would STOP being Acura test mule with new production vehicles !
Old 12-21-2004, 12:24 PM
Instructor

any pics of both?
Old 12-21-2004, 12:31 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Dukma:
I've got pleanty of pictures, but this web site is the ONLY one I can't attach pictures to ! I don't want to go to another sponsor just to post pictures ! I'd be glad to send you pictures. Got an email address ?
Fabvsix
Old 12-21-2004, 01:14 PM
Instructor

yeah sure do... dukmahsik@gmail.com

thanks james
Old 12-21-2004, 02:40 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Duk:
you got mail....
Old 12-21-2004, 05:59 PM
2001 3.2 CL-S-TOTALLED

That's where I bought my 2001 CL-S

I bought it because they gave me an excellent price the car was in showroom condition and Mike hooked me up with the financing (Very Low).

He did try to add some extra warrentee's and the sales person (Barbara) would not go down on the price at all.

But it was mark below blue book so I took it.

Csilva
Old 12-21-2004, 06:17 PM
Cajun Gumbo Man

Csilva:
I wonder if you bought my traded CL Type S ? It was show room clean !

Quick Reply: DO NOT patronize LOS GATOS ACURA...Crappy Customer Service!!!!