DMD Acura in Austin SUCKS!

Search this Thread

Old 09-15-2003, 02:42 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
DMD Acura in Austin SUCKS!

*begin rant*

First time I go over there is last week on Wednesday. I come in and tell them my steering wheel is misaligned. I didn't know at the time that it was b/c it wasn't locked when they aligned my car at Firestone just a few days before. The service guy said they would take care of in under warranty. I get there on Friday and he says "oh that'll be $90 for a realignment." I continue to tell him how to fuck himself and he should have told me that earlier so I wouldn't have to drive back on friday when I could've just went to firestone and used my lifetime alignment to have them redo it.

So while I'm there I go ahead and have them fix the rattle in my sunroof and check out why my clutch is squeaking on cold start in the mornings at times.

The guy at the desk wouldn't straighten my steering wheel but I later talked to the mechanic and he said he'd take care of it for me free of charge.

A few months back I had to take my car in for the shitty brakes we have that get all warped. So I took it in and asked them to tighten my e-brake b/c it's loose and it doesn't catch anymore. They do it for free and under warranty.

Today when I brought my car in again (to have it there overnight so they can hear the clutch squeal in the morning and for them to fix my leather seats) I ask them to tighten the e-brake for me and he tells me "oh this is an adjustment, that'l be $24.00" I again tell him how to put his dick in his ass.

David McDavid in Acura are a bunch of bastards. I can't wait til our new Acura people open up down in South Austin. My David McDavid Dealership up in Dallas always takes care of me and is great on service.

DMD Austin = POS.

*end rant*
Old 09-15-2003, 11:10 PM
BC
nearsighted visionary

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks for letting me know about this dealer. I, for sure, will not be going there.
Old 09-16-2003, 07:38 AM
Got da Internet Goin Nutz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Two words for DMcD WRITTEN COMPLAINT! I wrote a couple of letters to them when I had bad service and they recouped completely with free 15K service and 30K service. Albeit the best folks I have used is the Gunn Dealership in San Antonio, I had to train them how to give me good service and unfortunately that particular lady isn't there anymore. I honestly don't see the need for 2 Acura dealerships in Austin so I have a feeling that DMcD will switch to something else after a year or so.
Old 09-16-2003, 10:13 AM
The Third Ball

Received 4,953 Likes on 2,637 Posts
This particular dealership gets complaints left and right on this board. Do you guys bother to call or write Honda? The more logged complaints they have on a dealership the more they can try and step in. I know all dealers are independent, but they still rely on the corporate hq.

Its always worth a try, cause doing nothing with result in nothing but more people griping about the dealer.

But at least you guys are getting new dealer there and hopefully theyll be much better.
Old 09-16-2003, 12:11 PM
yeah,yeah,uh,huh,wh,what

Yep, DMD of Austin sucks!
I thought about writing a letter to the GM, but said F it. I'm to busy with school work to be writing complaint letters.

OH, ditto, I can't wait for Sterling McCall to open down south.

And, yes, Austin does need two Acura dealership, as well as two BMW dealerships, Infiniti, Volvo, .....

Come to think of it, I don't believe we have two of any "high end" brand car dealerships in town.

The only thing we have two of is too much traffic
Old 09-16-2003, 12:19 PM
Fell off my Rocking-Chair

Write a complaint....

And dont go back even if they offer free this and free that. Its about time they realize!
Old 09-16-2003, 02:54 PM
yeah,yeah,uh,huh,wh,what

Three more weeks and Sterling McCall OWNZ David McDavid customers.
Old 09-16-2003, 03:47 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

I called Acura Customer Service today and complained. I'll file written later.
Old 09-16-2003, 04:40 PM
Beware of leakage

Originally posted by civic4982
I called Acura Customer Service today and complained.
Vinh, I called Acura customer service last friday about some things that I was not given when I bought my car from DMD in Austin. Which resulted in my being charged at my local Acura dealership here in Shreveport. I am supposed to be contacted by DMD by this friday, or I was told to call customer service back if I do not hear from them within a week.
Old 09-16-2003, 05:10 PM
SHIFT_over.so.I.can.see

good goin' chopper... if we all keep complaining eventually they'll get some grief... I don't want to get them in huge trouble, just enough so they start giving us better service.