Search this Thread

Old 08-18-2004, 05:24 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 388 Likes on 196 Posts
^ so what were you trying to say to me?
Old 08-18-2004, 05:35 PM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
I'm going to assume that your inability to understand my reference to the 'peanut gallery' in response to your stated 'opinion' is probably a generational thing ... I thought that making that statement would have been much less confrontational than what I was really thinking.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:46 PM
Senior Moderator

i figured it was a dig at me but i wanted to make sure. i thought that maybe you were playing off my use of the word 'nuts'.

i still stand behind my above stated and deserved opinion.
Old 08-18-2004, 05:49 PM
an adult perspective

and you are entitled to state any opinion you desire .... and like assholes, everybody has one
Old 08-18-2004, 05:53 PM
Senior Moderator

thanks for your 'adult perspective'
Old 08-18-2004, 07:59 PM
an adult perspective

Let's try to put this into perspective ...

You ever go out of your way to go to a favorite fishing hole? Maybe pass 4, 5 or 6 rivers/lakes/reservoirs just to go to a given spot ... a known quantity? Ever go to the other side of town - or pass thru 3, 4, 5 towns - just to frequent some bar - even though you passed 20 or 30 other bars on the way - just because you think the beer is colder, the women are friendlier, or you have some mis-guided notion that the really hot waitress wants your bod above all others?

Last March/April, I started inquiring about the cost to install the sways/ICEBOX I just received from Dean. My local dealership - based on COMPTECHs recommended install times of 2-3 hours for each sway bar - quoted me a price of $320 + to install the sways. Thats Three-Two-Zero big ones. Now, I was also involved in the group install of Zapata's ICEBOX last April at the Philly meet ... an install that took the better part of 2-3 hours ... and I still don't think we got it completely right. So, after reading about all the raves that the upper mid-Atlantic, Tri-state area CL (and TL) owners had to say about PAA and Jens in particular, I decided to give them a try. For the grand total of $25 more in labor charges than my local dealer wanted for just the sways, PAA/Jens installed the sways, the ICEBOX, the front COMPTECH springs, and performed a 4-wheel alignment. Again, all this for $25 more than my local dealer wanted for just the sways install. Now ... there is no doubt that there are some Acura dealerships that are mod friendly ... there are some that flat out won't touch the mods, and some that even go so far as to claim that the installation of mods would void your warranty. Like many things on this site, a lot of items are purchased via word of mouth ... a lot of reps are based/earned on the basis of one, two or more people ... and for the most part - because we all share a common appreciation (I think love is too strong of a word) for the CL - we tend to believe one another because we have a common belief that nobody on this site is intentionally out to fuck over another member by recommending anything that they don't believe in. PAA offers to install mods, and back their installation because they are an authorized COMPTECH ACURA dealership. Jens was also a participant on this forum. Not only is he a mechanic, but he is an enthusiast ... a combination that if you are lucky enough to find, you try to latch on to it. Based on all of the above, you're damn right I drove the 200 miles (that's 400 round trip incase your not too good with math) to have the work done, and I would do it again, if for no other reason than on top of the fact that the price far and away surpassed what my local dealer quoted ... the ENTIRE job was completed in under 2 1/2 hours. Complete. If, in your "... stated and deserved opinion" this makes me nuts, then I submit to you that I am not alone in being "nuts" per your opinion. My only real problem with your comment is that it was totally based on having no real appreciation for the facts ... facts which I believe others who have had work done at PAA by Jens would state without equivocation that if they lived further away from PAA, they still would make the trip to have the work done.

THAT is my adult perspective. Any more Mega Mod opinions?
Old 08-18-2004, 09:31 PM
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Y2K3CL-S
...He answered this am (5:45) from home and said he tried to reply to my email from work but it's apparently not working....
that's the same exact excuse I got last year when I had problems with my 30k service!!!