did anyone have problems with their aftermarket window module

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2004, 09:31 AM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
did anyone have problems with their aftermarket window module

im bringin my car in for a remote start/alarm combo and i asked at least 3 different places about installing the window up module and all 3 places i called said they dont do it.

so being curious i asked why, 1 place said they dont wanna risk messing anything up on my car, and the 2 other places said they used to install these, but due to past problems the dont anymore.

the one place said when installing the module, you would have to tap into some wires that deal with the windshield wipers and other little accessories within the car.

is this true? can this be done without problems, or is it not worth the hassle.

crazysellout-"marks sound" was one of them.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:46 AM
Sold but not Forgotten...

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was asking for this module with my after market alarm which I am planning to install. Two places I know will install it but after said they will warranty only for one year because problems have risen up before on some car makes.
Old 07-05-2004, 09:48 AM
who got the best deal?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i;ve had mine for a month or so havent had a problem with it. they probably jus lazy
Old 07-05-2004, 09:53 AM
Burning Brakes

i had mine done over a year ago they did have a diificult time installing it they said but my driver window comes down about 2 inches every time i use the auto feature to put it up but other than that it works fine
Old 07-05-2004, 12:05 PM
Honkey

I installed one in my car and it was a pain, but definately possible. It wired in just like any other car would. Running all the wiring through our thin boot from the door to the inside of the car was a pain too. Also, to do the passenger side, you can't just tap off the wires that control the passenger side from the driver's door. You actually have to run wires all the way over to the passenger side. My module eventually broke after about 6 months, so I pulled it out. I also had the same problem as mr Niz. When you roll the windows up, they rolled up fine, but to roll them down I had to keep hitting the button in 2 inch increments. I assumed I just didn't have the setting set right because I lost the directions after I wired it. Anyhow, sounds like your stereo place is just lazy or not knowledgable. Either that or they're just afraid to mess up such a beautiful vehicle due to their lack of experience.

-Aaron
Old 07-05-2004, 02:46 PM
Above n Beyond

Received 132 Likes on 50 Posts
well 2 of these places have been around for a long time, and 1 of them i know some chicago guys recommended, and if they say theirs problem after problem, then its not worth it.

that would be really annoying to me to roll the windows down 2 inches at a time. seems like more trouble then its worth
Old 07-06-2004, 09:54 AM
Racer

Originally Posted by 4pumpedCL
I installed one in my car and it was a pain, but definately possible. It wired in just like any other car would. Running all the wiring through our thin boot from the door to the inside of the car was a pain too. Also, to do the passenger side, you can't just tap off the wires that control the passenger side from the driver's door. You actually have to run wires all the way over to the passenger side. My module eventually broke after about 6 months, so I pulled it out. I also had the same problem as mr Niz. When you roll the windows up, they rolled up fine, but to roll them down I had to keep hitting the button in 2 inch increments. I assumed I just didn't have the setting set right because I lost the directions after I wired it. Anyhow, sounds like your stereo place is just lazy or not knowledgable. Either that or they're just afraid to mess up such a beautiful vehicle due to their lack of experience.

-Aaron

I have a responder with the window roll-up/roll-down setup installed for over a year now. Works GREAT. When you hit the buttons to roll-down the windows you are not holding down the button. Hit the buttons to roll-down the windows and hold them for a few seconds, then the windows will go all the way down.
Old 07-06-2004, 10:46 AM
Honkey

Originally Posted by PimpD@ddy
I have a responder with the window roll-up/roll-down setup installed for over a year now. Works GREAT. When you hit the buttons to roll-down the windows you are not holding down the button. Hit the buttons to roll-down the windows and hold them for a few seconds, then the windows will go all the way down.

I think with a DEI product that'll work fine....however I have compustar and they like to set their own rules which kinda messes things up. Nonetheless, I still have the remote start. That's the only feature I was really excited about.

-Aaron
Old 07-06-2004, 11:22 AM
Rod
Drifting

For a few seconds? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of auto-down?
Old 07-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Honkey

Now that I think about, my auto down did work well for a while. Eventually it stopped working and I had to roll them down in 2" increments. It also gave me one touch down on the passenger side from within the car too....this was great until it broke and I couldn't roll my windows up.

-Aaron
Old 07-06-2004, 12:58 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Rod
For a few seconds? Doesn't that defeat the purpose of auto-down?
Oh Sorry, I was referring to the buttons on the DEI remote. The buttons in the car just need to be pressed once and they go Auto-Up and Auto-Down.
Old 07-06-2004, 02:29 PM
Rod
Drifting

Oh Sorry, I was referring to the buttons on the DEI remote. The buttons in the car just need to be pressed once and they go Auto-Up and Auto-Down.