dfreder...I missed you at the dealership by an hour!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2003, 05:01 PM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
dfreder...I missed you at the dealership by an hour!!!!!

I went to Woodfield Acura to get my spoiler replaced today and Alex said the a guy came in with factory dark chrome wheels...I knew he was talking about you....Alex said the wheels look AWESOME!
Old 04-18-2003, 05:38 PM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicky: They do and thank you! Smitty hopefully will post 3 more pics after I got them on the car. Huge interest! The wheels mounted no damage, not even a scratch or nick. Tire Zone at Rand and Dundee, unmounted, removed the weights and cut off the valve stems. After coating, they remounted, rebalanced and provided new stems, all for $40! Kudos to them, the manager is Gus. If you get work there, tell them Dave Fredericksen sent you. I will be powder coating some headers with high temp powder paint for the guy who mounted my tires for no charge.

I took the tires home, one at a time from there, so it took four trips using Dads 99 TL which he loaned me for two weeks. On the second and the fourth return I had two different people ask me where they could have their wheels done, so I told them. I went back to Acura, and Chris Eugenis saw them and asked too! He xeroxed the article out of powder coating magazine.

Mark my words, Nicky. Sometime soon that finish will be on a new Acura in the show room, and it will be a $1,500 add on.

Nick, my car will be at 1108 Francis Drive in A.H. tomorrow from about eight am until about noon or so. I may not be around because both my parents are 85, and their hobby is going to garage sales with their two poodle pups, and I drive them. Feel free to see them in person. I may not have the center caps done by that time, but I got some tricks up my sleeve, they will look good, I promise. We really should meet sometime.

Mom and Dad are just to the northeast of the golf driving range off of Kirchoff. Get to there, go north on Dwyer, turn right at your first opportunity, third house on the left. White ranch with the pretty brick driveway. I will check back here in about an hour to see if you have any intentions. One other thing, there are two threads going on about this finish (I will go there now to satisfy the masses), but have you noticed how OVERWHELMINGLY POSITIVE the comments have been? Wow! Dave. (posted at 5:40 p.m.)
Old 04-19-2003, 06:43 AM
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nicky: the wheel center problem is SOLVED! Please bring the digicam
and post some pics! I will be at 1108 west francis from 8:30 to 9:30 today, in fact, you might catch me guleing the center caps on. Looking forward to meeting you. Dave.