Dealer service...And its consequences...

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2001, 01:32 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer service...And its consequences...

I took my car to a dealer today because I got the feeling that something is wrong with the brakes. They are making a sound as if the pads are touching the rotor at some point. So I take it there, and while the guy looks at the car (I have a CL-S) I ask him if this is common for this car. His reply almost made me cry. He said no the problem is only common on the CL and since this is not a CL you are fine... How fucked up is that!!! So I asked him what did he mean my a CL, and after 20 minutes of him describing, I finally figured it out when an integra pulled into the gate. The guy did not know the difference between an integra and CL-S. I am majorly upset right now, plus he could not find what the hell is wrong with my brakes. Any suggestions on what should I do?

------------------
-
2001 Silver CL-S w/o NAVI

...Get-in, sit down, shut up, HOLD ON....
Old 04-24-2001, 01:34 PM
Drifting

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Arik:
I took my car to a dealer today because I got the feeling that something is wrong with the brakes. They are making a sound as if the pads are touching the rotor at some point. So I take it there, and while the guy looks at the car (I have a CL-S) I ask him if this is common for this car. His reply almost made me cry. He said no the problem is only common on the CL and since this is not a CL you are fine... How fucked up is that!!! So I asked him what did he mean my a CL, and after 20 minutes of him describing, I finally figured it out when an integra pulled into the gate. The guy did not know the difference between an integra and CL-S. I am majorly upset right now, plus he could not find what the hell is wrong with my brakes. Any suggestions on what should I do?

</font>
Take it to a different dealer and stay far away from them.

------------------
2001 Acura 3.2 CL Type-S
Comptech Springs
Comptech Exhaust
Denso Spark Plugs
Apexi V-AFC
AEM CAI
Old 04-24-2001, 03:02 PM
Burning Brakes

I painted a rusted wheelbarrel once. Shouldn't be much of a difference painting a car. Anyone want a custom color? I have experience

------------------
2001 Satin Silver CL Type S.
No Navi, PIAA 19169, Comptech Sways, Century Childseat, Mudguards.
Old 04-24-2001, 03:32 PM
Learn to swim

I took my car in yesterday for 15k service and an alignment. While I was there I wanted a few warranty things fixed that have service bulletins out on them.
1. While trying to do the alignment 3 mechanics are standing around trying to figure out how to adjust my camber. I had to inform them there was no way to adjust it w/o a kit.
2. I also had to inform them about the winshield washer fliud bulletin. He looks at me with deer in the headlights look. He tells me he thinks I'm pulling his chain. I tell him to look it up. Ditto with the sunroof.

I do love my Acura, but I will never buy another one just because of their service dept's.

------------------
01 CL-S Black/Tan
Comptech Springs, V1
Polarg M-4's driving lights, maps, and doors.
Old 04-24-2001, 04:22 PM
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
OUCH !!!

------------------
Wayne Gruen
Service Manager
Park Ave Acura
Old 04-24-2001, 08:30 PM
Racer

</font>
i agree i would try a new dealer, what dealership was this at? if you are close enough why not go to park ave acura-give wayne and jens a chance to work on your car
Old 04-24-2001, 08:54 PM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by tuleman:
I took my car in yesterday for 15k service and an alignment. While I was there I wanted a few warranty things fixed that have service bulletins out on them.
1. While trying to do the alignment 3 mechanics are standing around trying to figure out how to adjust my camber. I had to inform them there was no way to adjust it w/o a kit.
2. I also had to inform them about the winshield washer fliud bulletin. He looks at me with deer in the headlights look. He tells me he thinks I'm pulling his chain. I tell him to look it up. Ditto with the sunroof.

I do love my Acura, but I will never buy another one just because of their service dept's.

</font>
If you come down to my place, I can adjust your camber with a BLSH. BTW -- Maybe the service guys were wondering if they needed a few beers in them before they could "fill-up" your windshield fluid (with secret sauce).

BLSH == "Big Lead Sledge Hammer"

Can we please have a "Stupid Car Dealers" page.... please, PRETTY-PLEASE?

------------------
Silver 2001 CL-S with NAVI
  • Mud guards
  • Wheel locks
  • Toyo T1S 235/45ZR17-97W* Proxies on 17x8" SSR Competition wheels (48lbs less than stock)
  • Kevlar/SS Brake lines ordered
  • Comptech headers & sways ready
  • Silver AEM CAI ready
  • 8 coats of Zaino magic
Old 04-24-2001, 09:00 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by wayneg:
OUCH !!!

</font>
LOL Wayne same thing I thought!

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake
Founding Member of the NO SCRATCHED RIMS CLUB

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 04-24-2001, 09:09 PM
nItIn

</font>
WOW ! thats even worse than the service at Ed Napelton!

------------------
2001 CL-P - Nighthawk Black/Ebony/Burlwood trim, Wheel Locks, Spoiler, Trunk Net, Polarg M6 Road Lamps, Polarg M4 Door Lamps, Polarg M4 Map Lights, Polarg M12 Turn, Polarg M13 Reverse Lamps, Polarg M16 Dome Light

Coming soon: '02 TL-S Burlwood Steering, Burlwood Vent Trims, Burlwood Shifter

http://albums.photopoint.com/j/AlbumList?u=1626022
Old 04-24-2001, 09:17 PM
Burning Brakes

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by EricL:
If you come down to my place, I can adjust your camber with a BLSH. BTW -- Maybe the service guys were wondering if they needed a few beers in them before they could "fill-up" your windshield fluid (with secret sauce).

BLSH == "Big Lead Sledge Hammer"

</font>
Yes, did you read that article in the latest Car&Driver. About rims and the BLSH?
Made me cry with laughter.

------------------
"01" CL Type-S
White\Black
Comptech Springs
Comptech Sways
Navigation System
Burlwood Shifter
Guards+Fenderwell Trim
PIAA16969
Smokers Package
My Car
Old 04-24-2001, 09:20 PM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Al Uminum:
Yes, did you read that article in the latest Car&Driver. About rims and the BLSH?
Made me cry with laughter.

</font>
In Sport Compact Car, they call it a BFH

BIG F&*#^$& HAMMER

------------------
01' Acura CL Type-S
Piaa 19169 Bulbs
Valentine1 Pig Detector
CompTech Exhaust
Xephyr Cold Air Intake
Founding Member of the NO SCRATCHED RIMS CLUB

01'Acura Integra GSR
Old 04-25-2001, 01:06 AM
retired

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Yikes that sounds pretty bad.I think I have heard large hammers also referred to as"gravity press" "swing press" "radio adjustment tool" "talk to the car when it's not listening tool" and a few othere that would not be fit to print here.Jens

------------------
1992 mazda Miata lowered with Eibach springs KYB AGX adjustable struts Sparco racing buckets 4 point safety harnesses Momo steering wheel lo profile headlite system with PIAA superwhite bulbs Custom audio system Custom gauges Jackson racing supercharger with header and Greddy cat back exhaust and a ton of other stuff 2000 Honda Civic on APEX coilovers Full Alpine Audio system factory fogs with Piaa bulbs Catz ZETA high beam headlamp system H.I.D. Xenon low beam tinted, custom taillites and on and on
Old 04-25-2001, 01:32 AM
Race Director

This is not uncommon. Everyone in the automobile industry cannot possibly know everything there is to know about a car. People slip thru the cracks all the time. Are you surprised when:

1.The bank teller didn't know that the money orders are free to bank members?
2.The dry cleaning person didn't know that the wool suit shouldn't be washed?
3.The cable guy didn't know that they actually get all those channels via satellite?
4.The cellular phone salesperson didn't know that the digital phone was actually strong enough to pick up a signal when many, many miles away from home? Yeah!
5.Or, the computer expert didn't know that the laptop computer could play dvds.

You just happen to run into the wrong person, unluckily. He'll probably be working at Sears next week, selling television (so called Expert). Nothing surprises me these days.

------------------
* 2001 Acura CL Type S * Blk/Blk * Navigator * Spoiler * Moonroof Visor * V1 *
* Since 3/31/2000 *
* Road Warrior *
Old 04-25-2001, 08:54 PM
Racer

i agree some people do slip through the cracks and it sounds like this guy did, i personally would start going to another dealer because i want the best working on my car. i guess thats why i go to wayne and jens at park ave acura