Dealer drilled holes in bumped- MAD

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2002, 10:13 PM
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dealer drilled holes in bumped- MAD

Hey, i just took off my front plate for the first time and saw they drilled holes into my bumper In-addition to the bottom ones that would have just been fine. I have heard stories of members demanding ne bumpers when rasing hell. What do you guys think; IdeaS?? Also if the dealer won't fix it, what can i do to make it look better in an inexpensive way. Plugs or screws i can put in. Thanks
Old 10-26-2002, 10:18 PM
Subie Dubie

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Tell them you didn't order a car with holes in the bumper and ask to get satisfaction.
Old 10-26-2002, 10:31 PM
Safety Car

Originally posted by Red Rider
Tell them you didn't order a car with holes in the bumper and ask to get satisfaction.
Old 10-27-2002, 05:05 AM
TRELOS

Originally posted by Red Rider
FK Yea Damm RIGHT!!!

Go to them, STERN, and demand that they replace the bumper with a new, NOT REFURBISHED one.

Juker008
Old 10-27-2002, 09:37 AM
Instructor

Thanks for the support. When i go into the dealer i want to have some proof that they can only drill holes under the bumper and that the ones in the front of bumper are not need. DOes anyone know how i can get a copy of a service instructions or something like that. Thanks
Old 10-27-2002, 10:14 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by PeterY
Thanks for the support. When i go into the dealer i want to have some proof that they can only drill holes under the bumper and that the ones in the front of bumper are not need. DOes anyone know how i can get a copy of a service instructions or something like that. Thanks
I don't think "they" drill the holes under the bumper, the car comes that way from the factory..
Old 10-27-2002, 10:19 AM
Fuct in the hed!

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
The bracket should srcew in from the bottom....there should not be any holes in the front of the bumper!
Old 10-27-2002, 10:24 AM
Safety Car

Originally posted by PeterY
When you confront the dealer about it, they will prob. give you BS about "this is a two plate state and law requires a plate in front anyhow so we made it easy for ya," or some crap like that.

Just tell 'em that they are looking at a Madman who also knows how to properly use a drill if he doesn't get his way!!! :angry:
Old 10-27-2002, 03:09 PM
Old timer

Originally posted by CO-CL-S
I don't think "they" drill the holes under the bumper, the car comes that way from the factory..
Then how come some members requested the dealer not drill the licenseplate into their cars and theirs are the way they wanted it?
Old 10-27-2002, 06:14 PM
Lone Star Rider

It all depends what state you are in.
They might of drilled two "extra" holes on your bumper for a good secured license plate bracket. Most dealers do not drill the "extra"
holes, due to the fact the customer will soon find out there are
holes on their bumpers and will get :angry:
So there was no real reason for those extra holes!
Old 10-28-2002, 08:01 AM
TRELOS

WOA WOA WOA Where does it say that the front licence plate needs to be bolted to the front bumper?

If I were in a predicament where I needed to move to a state that required my car to have a front licence plate, I sure a hell would not drill holes in my bumper. There is a reason why there is adhesive. Or u could just duct-tape the thing to the front bumper.

Juker008
Old 10-28-2002, 08:14 AM
Drifting

Originally posted by JRock
Then how come some members requested the dealer not drill the licenseplate into their cars and theirs are the way they wanted it?
Because some dealers don't know the bumper is already set up to accept the front license plate holder that is found in the spare tire compartment?
Old 10-28-2002, 11:12 AM
Advanced

Because some dealers don't know the bumper is already set up to accept the front license plate holder that is found in the spare tire compartment?
If they are that stupid and don't know their business, they deserve to pay for their mistakes & make your car the same as it was before they defaced it. Any BS from the dealer and you should call Acura Customer Relations and they will have it taken care of.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:14 AM
Advanced

If they are that stupid and don't know their business, they deserve to pay for their mistakes & make your car the same as it was before they defaced it. Any BS from the dealer and you should call Acura Customer Relations and they will have it taken care of.
Old 10-28-2002, 11:44 AM
Lone Star Rider

The license bracket should only be installed by using only two bolts on the bumper right above the airdam.
Old 10-28-2002, 04:59 PM
Instructor

UPDATE

UPDATE, hey guys so i called and talked to the service manager. He was nice but pretty much told me that he didn't beleive THEY would drill holes in a 30K car and said that they suspect i might have done it myself. Oh am i mad. But he agreed to let the GM take a look at my car tommorw and make the final call. If that doesn't work out i'm gonna whip out my phone and call Acura Customer Service in their face. DOES anyone have thie number to ACura Customer Service. I want to be polite about it but since they accused me of doing it, i'm ticked. I'm also gonna check if my friend with an RSX-S from the dealer had the holes driller if so, then their whole arguement about never drilling holes i full of b.s. Also i'm kind of young, i hope they will take me seriously. Any other ideas. THanks for the support
A-CL RULES