Damn Icebox took me 5 hours to install. . .Got pulled over. .

Search this Thread

Old 05-27-2003, 04:55 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
Damn Icebox took me 5 hours to install. . .Got pulled over. .

I'm not that great at installs, but thought I'd give this a try since it "looked" straight forward. I was going to do it Comptech's way by removing the bumper since I didn't have jack stands. Ended up getting all the hardware off and was removing the last screw under the grill and stripped it clean. . . After a few curse words, put the bumper back together and then continued by removing the left front tire. I was going real slow because I was afraid I'd miss something. Too often there was something missing in the instructions that I would find on this board to watch out for. Thanks everyone for posting your installs. That helped a lot. I had my laptop in the garage while installing. My neighbor thought I was tuning the ECU or something. Little did he know how little I knew about car mechanicals.

The Icebox is great! It really pulls now more than ever! In fact I got pulled over by the police while I was doing a WOT run with my head out the window. I was trying to listen to the "growl". Luckily he just gave me a warning. . I thought FOR SURE I was getting a ticket. . .

On another note. I noticed that the Auto-up/down on the driver's side didn't work until I put the code in for my Navigation and Radio. Could that be linked together??

And yes I do know what a turn clicky thing is. It's just the other stuff I have a hard time with.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:02 PM
Cost Drivers!!!!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
congrats it's a great mod! I hope to get mine dynoed soon. I was planning on it this week but got sick.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:18 PM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You guys don't listen to me. I told you if you're not mechically inclined, forget this one. It took a professional mechanic 3 hours to install this on my car...without removing the bumper. Congradulations for having the patience for completing this job. Your a better man then me. Enjoy!
Old 05-27-2003, 05:25 PM
Where is my super sauce?

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Re: Damn Icebox took me 5 hours to install. . .Got pulled over. .

Originally posted by Speed_Racer
On another note. I noticed that the Auto-up/down on the driver's side didn't work until I put the code in for my Navigation and Radio. Could that be linked together??
From the Helm manual:
Power Window Control Reset
Resetting the power window control unit is required after performing the following procedures:
  • disconnecting of the battery.
  • loss of electric power caused by both No. 8 and No. 15 fuses in the passenger's under-dash fuse box.
  • open circuit caused by disconnected 18P connector from the power window control unit.
  • removal of the regulator, glass, or glass run channel.
  • open circuit caused by disconnecting the subharness attached to the door liner.
1. Make sure the glass is installed properly.
2. Make sure the driver's window does not work in AUTO with the ignition switch ON (II).
3. Lower the driver's window all the way down by manual down using the driver's switch of the master switch, and then hold for more the one second.
4. Raise the driver's window all the way up by manual up using the driver's switch of the master switch, and then hold for more than one second.
Old 05-27-2003, 05:42 PM
an adult perspective

Received 26 Likes on 24 Posts
Originally posted by Pappy
You guys don't listen to me. I told you if you're not mechically inclined, forget this one. It took a professional mechanic 3 hours to install this on my car...
And I told you that Jens installed my ICEBOX, Sways and front Springs in less than 2 1/2 hours! I believe he qualifies as a professional mechanic!
Old 05-27-2003, 06:01 PM
Daily Driver

springs, sways, and icebox in 2.5 hours? It took me almost 2 hours to do my sways, although I'm far from a professional mechanic. Even so, that makes me wish I lived closer to PAA.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:23 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Re: Re: Damn Icebox took me 5 hours to install. . .Got pulled over. .

Originally posted by Slimey
From the Helm manual:
Whoa! I actually did that by accident. I just noticed it worked after I put the codes in for the navi and radio and assumed they were connected some how. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-27-2003, 06:24 PM
6 Forward 1 Back

Originally posted by Pappy
You guys don't listen to me. I told you if you're not mechically inclined, forget this one. It took a professional mechanic 3 hours to install this on my car...without removing the bumper. Congradulations for having the patience for completing this job. Your a better man then me. Enjoy!
lol! I know! I should have listened, but once I started I had to finish. I needed to drive to work in the morning. . .
Old 05-28-2003, 12:27 AM
Burning Brakes

I'm excited... I'm looking at my CT headers and icebox right here in my living room as I type .. can't wait to get them installed in a month ... by a pro that is.
Old 05-28-2003, 01:41 AM
East Coast Boost.!

5 Hours? Were you on crack? I did it the other day with Lou in 40 mins int he rain.