damage to actual frame of car

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2002, 11:47 PM
WHEEEEEE!!!!! O_O

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
damage to actual frame of car

hey how many people here have had damage to the actual frame of their car? After repairing it...how did the car feel like? Right now i'm scared shitless because i just got in an accident...and there's a chance my frame is damaged and i'm scared my car won't ride the same after...even if its been to a good body shop. Trust me i am going to find the best shop possible....but i'm scared it won't ever feel the same anymore. Any opinions?
Old 03-30-2002, 11:56 PM
Drifting

my old mazda mx-6 with a bent frame that was repaired
never drove the same
Old 03-31-2002, 12:08 AM
- daemonichris -

i've actually had two accidents that made damage to the frame of my car.

Accident #1:
i was in some trouble, panicked, and backed into a brick wall. the frame of my bumper was pushed in an inch or so.

Accident #2:
i fell asleep while driving and drove over an island that separates the exit of a freeway (i was exiting) and the regular flow of traffic. my front chassis was pushed back, the steering was off, and had 3 rims bent.

after both, i would have to say that my car still feels fine (amazingly). i guess it was because i took my car to good body shops and the people did a great job.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:18 AM
WHEEEEEE!!!!! O_O

yah...im thinking of taking my car back to seidners or marcos this time...don't care if they charge a grip my cars too hard to look at right now =*( hey chris...would you happen to go to uc irvine? just wondering cuz thats where im gunna be going soon after i graduate
Old 03-31-2002, 12:38 AM
Race Director

I damaged the H Frame in the Alero, wait let me correct that i destroyed/demolished/incinerated the H frame in the Alero. Car was totalled but I know that the car can never be the same unless you find the right body shop, There are some shops that do such a good job no one could even tell the car has been in an accident by no one I mean like top mechanics and other body shops. Then the car might feel like it once did, but under most circumstances it will feel different.
Old 03-31-2002, 12:46 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I recommend Marcos, they do hella good job man. I know a guy there. I also live in San Gabriel.

Also BTW, we're you ever in the pasadena area?? like in the neighborhoods of Del Mar..near huntington. Just a wild guess, I saw a ABP CL-S making a left, i saw him look at me...that's it. I have a white TL-S w/ the kit and lowered, i was with my mom. that was like about a few weeks ago. quite sometime ago. hit me up thru PM if you gonna go to Marcos, since we live so close.

Also Chris.....first accident....some trouble huH?! hahaha
Old 03-31-2002, 12:49 AM
- daemonichris -

blue-cl-type-s... naw i don't go to UCI, but i go to IVC (irvine valley college)

and elegant TL-S... haha damn i didn't know you lived in the SGV area too... i'm from San Marino, and i ALWAYS see blue-cl-type-s rolling around... haha i even talked to him on san gabriel blvd one time while i was rollin in pimpinwhitecl-s's car (remember that? lol)... and yes, i was in trouble... haha... let's just say that's why i don't wanna bang :P
Old 03-31-2002, 12:55 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Originally posted by Chris
blue-cl-type-s... naw i don't go to UCI, but i go to IVC (irvine valley college)

and elegant TL-S... haha damn i didn't know you lived in the SGV area too... i'm from San Marino, and i ALWAYS see blue-cl-type-s rolling around... haha i even talked to him on san gabriel blvd one time while i was rollin in pimpinwhitecl-s's car (remember that? lol)... and yes, i was in trouble... haha... let's just say that's why i don't wanna bang :P
damn, you go to skool ALLLL the way in irvine?!?!

hahaha...yeah...i live in SGV.....i'm sure you have seen me, i'm the only guy with a 02 White TL-S with a kit. haha, i bet that is blue-cl-type-s that I saw! I saw him TWICE that same day! How come I never see a black CL-S w/ C2 Evos?! i always see the white and two silver ones.
Old 03-31-2002, 01:00 AM
Banned

Got into a wreck in February in mine, had some frame damage. Had it done right by a shop I trust and the car is fine, no problems.
Old 03-31-2002, 01:03 AM
WHEEEEEE!!!!! O_O

elegantTL-S: haha yah i've seen you around...were you on Del Mar yesterday? saw a white tl-s with body kit n started drooling hehe. I see you a lot.
chris-i never see you either...actually...i never see ANY black CL-s... weird...

man after i get my car back...my dad's not letting me drive until college...even though both accidents weren't my fault....sucks to be me...
Old 03-31-2002, 01:08 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

Originally posted by Blue-CL-Type-S
elegantTL-S: haha yah i've seen you around...were you on Del Mar yesterday? saw a white tl-s with body kit n started drooling hehe. I see you a lot.
chris-i never see you either...actually...i never see ANY black CL-s... weird...
yeah, i'm always around here man. hehehe! How come I dind't see YOU!?!? man...ABP stands out ALOT! you see me alot? haha....dude.....i don't see you! or maybe i don't pay attention much. hit me up in PM dood.

there is a silver CL with C2's....it's tiight....he also got APEXi Dunks
Old 03-31-2002, 01:31 AM
6 Forward 1 Back

Received 312 Likes on 155 Posts
I had this damage occur in a rear end accident:

My accident

Had it repaired and don't notice anything different.
Old 03-31-2002, 01:33 AM
- daemonichris -

Originally posted by ElegantTL-S

there is a silver CL with C2's....it's tiight....he also got APEXi Dunks
hmm... that one sounds like the Section 8 Creations CL-S... it's a show car that i see all the time... but i don't think it's anything great... that guy is old and cocky too...
Old 03-31-2002, 01:37 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

hmm... that one sounds like the Section 8 Creations CL-S... it's a show car that i see all the time... but i don't think it's anything great... that guy is old and cocky too...
yeah..it's that show car. hahaha..i just like his rims. the first CL i've ever seen fixed up...before I ever knew what a CL or TL was...
Old 03-31-2002, 01:49 AM
?!?

In my CLS i had 5000$ dollars worth of damage to the rear end thanks to an old lady. The rear frame was bent and then fixed, and i dont feel any difference while driving.
Old 03-31-2002, 01:49 AM
Just call me DADDY!!!

1) I got to an accident awhile back in my car and got my frame push back a couple of inches. I thought the same way and that was why I got fixed at the dealership. Now, I really can not tell the difference.

2)If it is not your fault, the other parties insured can pay extra to you for the depreciated value of the car now after the accident.
Old 03-31-2002, 01:59 AM
- daemonichris -

Originally posted by nokio
In my CLS i had 5000$ dollars worth of damage to the rear end thanks to an old lady. The rear frame was bent and then fixed, and i dont feel any difference while driving.
haha if we're gonna talk about total amount for damage... i think my car has accumulated around $15k+... :P

sometimes i feel like this car is bad luck... but i simply love it too much to trade it for anything else...
Old 03-31-2002, 02:29 AM
¤ Club Inspire ¤

sometimes i feel like this car is bad luck... but i simply love it too much to trade it for anything else...

hahaha! speaking of which....i just found a door ding today!
Old 03-31-2002, 03:35 AM
- daemonichris -

ding??? haha man... that's nothing!
Old 03-31-2002, 04:53 AM
WHEEEEEE!!!!! O_O

hey nokio...what body shop did you go to?
Old 04-01-2002, 10:41 AM
Intermediate

I had damages on my rear also worth $8000. Bumper still doesn't fit right. But other than that, ride feels the same.