Dads car got stolen yesterday right in front of me...i chased the guy

Search this Thread

Old 04-05-2003, 06:46 AM
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dads car got stolen yesterday right in front of me...i chased the guy

Yesterday around 5pm, i was at my parents company. 3 people were there since everyone else left. My mom, dad, and myself.

My mom was in the office finishing up some shit, i was going outside to lock the door of the rear of the truck with a big lock in my hand.

I'm walking toward the exit to go lock it, and I see my dads Lexus door OPEN thru the window before i get to the buildings door...

so im like WTF my dad is leaving without saying bye...then i see my dads feet coming down the stairs right beside the door, the second i saw that I RAN OUTSIDE, by the time i got out the guy just started reversing the car...i was in shock for about 1 second, then i ran towards the car, he tried to run me over...i jumped kinda, fucked up my ankle, and he took off, i ran to the street and threw the lock at the car, and made him swirve a bit, but he was still going, i ran to my car and chased him while talking to 911 on the phone.

We were going AT CRAZY speeds in traffic at 5pm on HORRIBLE street conditions with ice/snow... I was able to keep up with the car very good, since my dads tires on the Lex are pretty much FINISHED and i have fairly new snow tires on my audi...he then i think got scared, cause i am behind him for about 2 minutes now keeping up, and he probably thinkks cops are gonna get him any second, so he goes over this HUGE curb, ALMOST FLIPPED THE LEXUS, and drove over grass+snow and got away.. I obviuosly couldnt go over the curb with my car....he even had trouble going over it, and which is why he almost flipped the lexus...

Anyways, my dads 1999 RX 300 is gone we called the cops, gave them the report explained everything to the officer, and called insurance last night. Such a shame, we all LOVED that car....we loved it so much, that even when my dad bought the E500 we all asked him to keep it, and he did.

The police officer said that there is almost NO CHANCE they will find it, he said cars like this are shipped ASAP. The only time they find cars are when they are low-end cars and they end up being used for a get away car etc.

Police officer said that there have been LOTS of car jackings in that area in the past few days, none have been found, and most were due to people leaving their cars on outside for "warm up". this is not the case, we never warm up our cars like that leaving them on.

We called insurance, and they said that we must wait till monday to get any questions answered.

Few questions:

1) Will my dads insurance go up?
2) What should we KNOW before talking to the insurance company on monday?
3) Any Do's and Don'ts when talking with insurance?

this is the first time something like this has happened to us, anything i should know about this kinda shit?

thanks

sorry i know this shit is long enough
Old 04-05-2003, 08:01 AM
Suzuka Master

Wow, sorry to hear this. That type of situation can get scary very quickly but I glad you were unharmed...
Old 04-05-2003, 08:02 AM
Do it! U Only Live Once!

Wow, what a great story. I too had a car stolen...right out of my driveway some years ago. The cop told me the same thing and the car was never found. Usually, they park it somewhere for a couple of days to see if the car is picked up by a Lojack or navigational receiver. Then they go back and finish the job. It's problably on it's way to South America.
Old 04-05-2003, 08:50 AM
Moderator Alumnus

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Gangsta.

I like how you went all Ronin and shit.
Glad to hear you didn't kill yourself in the process.
Sorry to hear about your truck, hopefull insurance will take care of some of that.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:10 AM
acurreo

Wow...

I like how you got the opportunity to go after him. Had to have been a nice rush.

Too bad you didn't have a boomerang tracking device. In that same scenerio while talking to the cops, they could have tracked the car and cought that basterd.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:28 AM
Banned

you see if you had the CL-S you would caught up and passed him cutting off the road making him stop and surrender. That fawking Audi couldn't even keep up with the RX300 and totally got away from you WTF.

On the serious side sorry to hear this scumbag stole the car from right under your nose , this fawker should have his balls cut off.

keep us informed did you get a look at him
Old 04-05-2003, 11:36 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by lou
you see if you had the CL-S you would caught up and passed him cutting off the road making him stop and surrender. That fawking Audi couldn't even keep up with the RX300 and totally got away from you WTF.

On the serious side sorry to hear this scumbag stole the car from right under your nose , this fawker should have his balls cut off.

keep us informed did you get a look at him
yes...when he tried to run me over we had eye to eye contact

he was white male, short hair, he looked pretty big...wasnt no bag of bones.

BTW, the conditions of the ground was SNOW and patches of ICE...the CL would not have been able to keep up with quattro..

Old 04-05-2003, 11:43 AM
Safety Car

Received 22 Likes on 21 Posts
Man that sucks...asstried to run you over!? Stealing a car is one thing, but I hope they try to stick the guy with attempted manslaughter if they catch him.
Old 04-05-2003, 11:45 AM
'Cooter

fawk man, u got to b kiddin

mad props for chasin em down, cept i woulda been flailin golf clubs out the window in the process

im surprised if he hit the curb THAT bad that he didn't burst the tires

glad u made it out ok and that it didn't escalate to a shootout or running people over god forbid

hope things turn out ok for u and the fam
Old 04-05-2003, 11:50 AM
I'm Cool

should have threw ur lock right on his head when u guys aer having an eye to eye contact, btw i know what it feels to have ur car stolen, i hope everything turns out the way u wanted to be.
Old 04-05-2003, 12:32 PM
Advanced

Shit, this was in TORONTO?

Where do you live?!
Old 04-05-2003, 12:43 PM
Instructor

1) Will my dads insurance go up?

My car just got stolen couple months ago.... Your dads insurance shouldn't go up since it wasn't a moving violation. Meaning it wasn't your fault it was parked engine off so the guy stole it when it was still. Just tell the insurance company exactly what happened.. but honestly don't tell them you chased the car because it looks sort of bad b/c your car (the audi) who have been in danger and a insurance hazard so just say your car was stolen at your workplace without you guys knowing until you guys went out to go home. Hmm you can say your dad had all these aftermarket parts ex. tv's , dvd's, and watever rx300 makes but your insurance has to cover that usually if you have full coverage it comes with it... Since your dads car was stock dont worry insurance will process it especially if there has been alot of cars stolen around that area they have the #'s for stolen vehicles... good luck
Old 04-05-2003, 12:43 PM
Adult Supervision

Read an article a few weeks back about the people who lose their cars while they are warming up in the driveway or they are popping in for a cup of coffee at the donut shop. I know this is not the case here.

The best story was about a guy who had his car stolen while it was warming up in the driveway. He walked out it was gone. He called the cops and they told him to come to the station to fill out the report. He started his wife's car to warm up and went back in the house. 10 mins later, her car was gone too. Stupid focker..
Old 04-05-2003, 12:53 PM
Banned

yo Mike S that is the cooliest Avator yet that is fawking hilarious.
Old 04-05-2003, 01:22 PM
Suzuka Master

omfg.... jeezus he tried to run u over?? fucked up..
Old 04-05-2003, 01:38 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by Bobbydoedoe
should have threw ur lock right on his head when u guys aer having an eye to eye contact, btw i know what it feels to have ur car stolen, i hope everything turns out the way u wanted to be.
thats what i have been acting out over and over in my head...if only i had another chance with the lock..
Old 04-05-2003, 01:40 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by superdx
Shit, this was in TORONTO?

Where do you live?!
dads company is just east of whisky a go go on rivermede road...right by the train tracks that killed a few people several months ago

its Concorde area in between woodbridge and rihcmond hill

i live in richmond hill
Old 04-05-2003, 01:43 PM
Shogun Assassin

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I'm glad to hear that you weren't seriously injured...cars are replacable
Old 04-05-2003, 01:49 PM
Race Director

Re: 1) Will my dads insurance go up?

Originally posted by LiLMaN
My car just got stolen couple months ago.... Your dads insurance shouldn't go up since it wasn't a moving violation. Meaning it wasn't your fault it was parked engine off so the guy stole it when it was still. Just tell the insurance company exactly what happened.. but honestly don't tell them you chased the car because it looks sort of bad b/c your car (the audi) who have been in danger and a insurance hazard so just say your car was stolen at your workplace without you guys knowing until you guys went out to go home. Hmm you can say your dad had all these aftermarket parts ex. tv's , dvd's, and watever rx300 makes but your insurance has to cover that usually if you have full coverage it comes with it... Since your dads car was stock dont worry insurance will process it especially if there has been alot of cars stolen around that area they have the #'s for stolen vehicles... good luck
Too late, the cops know i was chasing him...im pretty sure the report of what happened would go to insurance...

the lexus had every option expcet for the TV's and thats what my dad is gonna report

thanks for the reply, my dad is gonna be relieved when i tell him that his insurance wont be affected.

thanks
Old 04-05-2003, 01:53 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by MikeS 18
Read an article a few weeks back about the people who lose their cars while they are warming up in the driveway or they are popping in for a cup of coffee at the donut shop. I know this is not the case here.

No it was not the case.

Old 04-05-2003, 03:34 PM
Team Owner

Received 1,307 Likes on 960 Posts
Wow just like a movie. Holy crap that's some scary shit.

In Pittsburgh you can get a ticket for leaving your car running and getting coffee or whatever. This is because of the robberies like that. They probably have like 10 car thieves parked outside every coffee shop in America. How long does it take to start a car. Geez.

Back on topic though, glad that you're safe. I know you'll be running that whole scenario over and over in your head but you can't sweat it. What's done is done. Maybe it's a sign to get the new RX330.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:06 PM

Damn, that is nuts. What are the gun laws in Canada? Glad you ain't get hit by the dude. No Lo-jacK?

Once, I had a friend get his car stolen. He got a rental car and drove around town pressing his key fob for like a week. No shit, he was driving down this street and BEEP BEEP he found his car in this person's backyard. Called the cops, there was like 10 stolen cars there.
Old 04-05-2003, 04:07 PM
Racer

How much does it cost for lo jack anyway?
Old 04-05-2003, 04:38 PM
Suzuka Master

1sicklex, lol that's funny as hell but a good idea...

Amir, just be glad your ok...good luck
Old 04-05-2003, 04:40 PM
I miss my 03 CL-S :(

Received 445 Likes on 214 Posts
One thing to keep in mind is that you should think back to anything and everything that was inside the car. Anything that can identify you - CC numbers, receipts with bank account numbers, anything and remember to take action to avoid identity theft as well as the car theft.
If you had anything with your home addresses in it, watch out for them coming after the Audi!
Old 04-05-2003, 04:43 PM
Drifting

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally posted by einsatz
One thing to keep in mind is that you should think back to anything and everything that was inside the car. Anything that can identify you - CC numbers, receipts with bank account numbers, anything and remember to take action to avoid identity theft as well as the car theft.
If you had anything with your home addresses in it, watch out for them coming after the Audi!

Glad you didn't get hurt in the process of chasing him down. Like someone else said, cars are replaceable.
Old 04-05-2003, 05:12 PM
///M POWER

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
fawk, so was the car warming up when they stole it?? the lexus keys are hard to duplicate. how the fuck did the guy get away??
Old 04-05-2003, 10:30 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by 1SICKLEX
Damn, that is nuts. What are the gun laws in Canada? Glad you ain't get hit by the dude. No Lo-jacK?

Once, I had a friend get his car stolen. He got a rental car and drove around town pressing his key fob for like a week. No shit, he was driving down this street and BEEP BEEP he found his car in this person's backyard. Called the cops, there was like 10 stolen cars there.
no guns in canada.

gonna get lo/jack (boomerang)

excellent idea, im actually gonna do that tomorrow.
Old 04-05-2003, 10:31 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by GD196
How much does it cost for lo jack anyway?
120 canadian a year
Old 04-05-2003, 10:33 PM
Race Director

Originally posted by darrinb
fawk, so was the car warming up when they stole it?? the lexus keys are hard to duplicate. how the fuck did the guy get away??
no it wasnt.

he got away by going over a curve and off-roading to another street
Old 04-05-2003, 10:49 PM
In Da LBC with Snoop Dogg

Amir,

Sorry about your dad's truck.

YOU ARE Still my hero for chasing the bastard! I kinda wish you'd have caught him, your adreneline alone would have let you cream the sorry bastard!
Old 04-05-2003, 11:21 PM
Advanced

how do you think that he started the car?
Old 04-05-2003, 11:45 PM
Senior Moderator

Received 638 Likes on 276 Posts
Old 04-06-2003, 01:52 AM
Suzuka Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
...wow. glad you are ok.
Old 04-06-2003, 06:51 AM
Three Wheelin'

Originally posted by MikeS 18

The best story was about a guy who had his car stolen while it was warming up in the driveway. He walked out it was gone. He called the cops and they told him to come to the station to fill out the report. He started his wife's car to warm up and went back in the house. 10 mins later, her car was gone too. Stupid focker..
i wish i was a crook look what i saw warming up the other day, unattended for like 15 minutes with the door open running
Old 04-06-2003, 10:37 AM
Lone CL-P Owner

damn that sucks, what does your dad do? (just wondering) do u live in toronto or like a suburb? cause the cop said therewere alot of car jacking and im wondering if thats in toronto or the GTA. thx.
Old 04-06-2003, 01:09 PM
What can I get ya?

That is crazy, pretty cool you had a highspeed chase with the guy.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:04 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by agisd
how do you think that he started the car?
I have no idea.
Old 04-07-2003, 10:06 AM
Race Director

Originally posted by acuraman32cl
damn that sucks, what does your dad do? (just wondering) do u live in toronto or like a suburb? cause the cop said therewere alot of car jacking and im wondering if thats in toronto or the GTA. thx.
Import/Export business.

The company is in Concorde, around the Vaughan area.

I live in Richmond Hill.
Old 04-07-2003, 11:13 AM
Cruisin'

damn ... I'm from Richmond Hill too ( though I'm in the US now for a one year work assignment )

Is it getting that ghetto in the RH,Woodbridge area now ? man ... when I come back I'll have to rethink my security measures.

Quick Reply: Dads car got stolen yesterday right in front of me...i chased the guy