D2 coilovers...should I do it?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2005, 05:08 AM
shift@8k

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
D2 coilovers...should I do it?

Hey guys, in kinda a tough situation here. Currently on my ride I have the tein SS coilovers. Great coilovers, but unfortunately they are way to soft for my likings. Dampening is set to 2nd highest on both front and rear and still much too soft. I was thinking of ordering the tein SS-p, but the problem is that the spring rates on those damn things are still 7fr/4rear which leaves me in the same situation im in right now except for the addition of the pillow uppermounts which would improve my handling a little bit.
If i chose to go with the teins I would order stiffer springs and have them revalve the shocks for the stiffer spring rates (im lookin at 10/7...yes i know its stiff i don't mind). However, tein said they would have to charge me for both the new springs + the revalving =/ I've been doing research on the d2 coilovers for our cars and the cool thing is with their coilovers, you can order them with custom spring rates and they'll actually revalve each order according to the customer's spring rate choice. Also, they are 32 way adjustable and have pillow upper mounts. I've read goood reviews about the latest batches of d2 coilovers and people are even comparing them to the Tein Flex in terms of functionality and design. My fear is though, that this is not as well known of a company and suspension is a very important part of the car so i'm not sure if I should go with the better known brand which i'd have to go through more hassle to get something close to what I want, or the lesser known brand which has EXACTLY what I want in a suspension system for our cars. Give me all your s PLEASE. Thanks...long post I know, I'll give rep points for EVERYONE who gives a good response =)
Old 06-28-2005, 02:23 PM
That's Racist

I have heard nothing bad about the D2 coilovers... if you really need it that stiff. I say get 'em. Are they they purple company?
Old 06-28-2005, 03:46 PM
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
i say go for em! i was thinking about getting them too awhile back. havent really heard anything bad about them. I guess no one really wants to try them becuase they are not "mainstream" yet.

i think there around 800+ shipped for our application.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:41 PM
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just got some on my car. PM me if you have any Q's. I made a thread about them in teh first gen suspension section.
Old 06-28-2005, 10:51 PM
buy my car

never heard of them- but i would think if you can get exactly what you want, it cant hurt to try. what i would look into is what cars are they targeting. is it higher end vehicles, or toyota corollas. i would ASSUME that if they were geared for say supras, rx8, acura etc... they would be a better built component as apposed to if they were geared towards corollas, sentras etc... you understand where i'm going with that??-hope so!!

i had a 94 civic hatch and when coilovers came out, i bought a pair of skunk2 coilovers(then skunk works), and they were cheaper than tanabe, tein etc...i got them cause of the price(poor highschool kid) and cause i knew skunk2 made a good product, eventhough this was one of their first non- engine part. i loved them and couldn't have been hapier.

i would try them out if i was you and everything seems legit, and if i was at that stage with my cl-s now, i would join you in being a guinea pig.

your unhappy now and would have to pay out the ass to be happy with teins, try a different route